Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Here - FAQ's for Google Home, Amazon Echo, Philips Hue, LightwaveRF, Ring, etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Of course suggestions for other FAQ's and guides very welcome. Basically any way we can help introduce new people to Home Automation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Michael malone

Folks, I have my amazon echo up and running no problems but for one. I have lightwaverf sockets and switches but the lightwave skill cannot be found in my Alexa app.. is it region specific? I used my uk Apple ID for App Store to get Alexa app, everything else works and shows up fine... I'm at a loss

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Folks, I have my amazon echo up and running no problems but for one. I have lightwaverf sockets and switches but the lightwave skill cannot be found in my Alexa app.. is it region specific? I used my uk Apple ID for App Store to get Alexa app, everything else works and shows up fine... I'm at a loss

I just searched for it in the Alexa app and it finds it no problem "LightwaveRF". I can't enable it as I don't have any lrf gear.

My Alexa app is from the UK iTunes store. Also try alexa.amazon.co.uk on a laptop and search for it there.

bk wrote: »
    I just searched for it in the Alexa app and it finds it no problem "LightwaveRF". I can't enable it as I don't have any lrf gear.

My Alexa app is from the UK iTunes store. Also try alexa.amazon.co.uk on a laptop and search for it there.

I'm in the process of setting up a new amazon uk account, hopefully this works

All sorted, new amazon.co.uk account and it's up n running.. thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

bk wrote: »
    Of course suggestions for other FAQ's and guides very welcome. Basically any way we can help introduce new people to Home Automation, etc.

This is superb. I'm brand new to this and delighted with my new purchase of 2 dots. Thanks for the FAQs - really helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Make this a sticky?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Make this a sticky?

I'll do this tomorrow. Having multiple redirect issues at home these days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Stoner wrote: »
    I'll do this tomorrow. Having multiple redirect issues at home these days

Can't you ask your TV to do it for you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Google Home featured heavily in the latest episode of Modern Family ("The Alliance"). Phil instructs it to play a soundtrack early on in the episode & at the end of it there's a whole scene of him telling it to play an obscure video, which it naturally does "on youtube".

They're big into their product placement on that show although they're generally a lot cleverer about it than this episode which was blatant. They had an entire episode of the family interacting via FaceTime on every apple product imaginable a couple of seasons ago that was so well written, I give them full kudos on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

OU812 wrote: »
    Google Home featured heavily in the latest episode of Modern Family ("The Alliance"). Phil instructs it to play a soundtrack early on in the episode & at the end of it there's a whole scene of him telling it to play an obscure video, which it naturally does "on youtube".

They're big into their product placement on that show although they're generally a lot cleverer about it than this episode which was blatant. They had an entire episode of the family interacting via FaceTime on every apple product imaginable a couple of seasons ago that was so well written, I give them full kudos on it.

I noticed an Amazon echo on the tabletop of Sheldon's drawer cabinet in his bedroom on Big Bang Theory the other night. I called the misses and rewound it to show her. Then I cringed at my own nerdiness.

Anyone remember the episode where they used an x10 device to run on a lamp? God I'm sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This post has been deleted.

No it hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I'm having difficulties connecting Philips Hue bulb to Google Home,not sure if it's even possible.

I'm not using a bridge and trying to connect with the 'works with Google ' option. Keep getting the 'could not reach Philips Hue' message.

Any help appreciated 👍🏼

I'm sure I already answered this... You need a hub, the bulbs don't work individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Advertisement