Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Hampers- ideas needed

• 11-11-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭

OK, so every year, I make Christmas Hampers for our top clients. I know I can buy them, but I find the bought in corporate hampers are very impersonal and sometimes full of crap that I know just gathers dust......

I usually include a good white and red wine, baileys, and a bottle of something a bit harder like jameson or powers or champagne.
    Of course, some nice chocolates.
    I also like to think of things for other members of the family, and so I usually include a festive yankee candle collection, and maybe some luxury crackers.

What else can I include or what else would you like to get in a hamper at Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Maybe some chutney/cranberry sauce/brandy butter - you can normally pick up some lovely ones at craft fairs etc. Actually the brandy butter might not work if you're making them in advance.
    Maybe mince pies/christmas cookies/even something like a couple of packs of nice crisps like Keoghs/O'Donnells...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Some nice cheeses, and crackers. Or even a nice cheese knife set. You can get cheap enough ones..
    Some tasty mince pies or pudding - it is amazing how many people say ill get them later but then have none for the day itself..
    A table top game for everyone to play = there is a great one in smyths in a little blue tin for around 8 euro i think
    Wine of course, or something like a Red Sparkling wine is a good treat.
    Foots warmer for when you are sitting down relaxing
    At the rate RTE play christmas movies too a good christmas classic dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Maybe some chutney/cranberry sauce/brandy butter - you can normally pick up some lovely ones at craft fairs etc. Actually the brandy butter might not work if you're making them in advance.
    Maybe mince pies/christmas cookies/even something like a couple of packs of nice crisps like Keoghs/O'Donnells...

+1 for the cheese or maybe some craft beers too. I think the like of white gypsy does seasonal beers including a christmas one

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

We finalised hampers today for clients and I really hope we accidentally have too many. They are fantastic.

One unique thing that I love is the personalised playing cards. Most people have a deck of cards for poker or even the old games like 'snap' or 'beg on my neighbour'. They have our company logo (very distinctive) and are colour matched to all our marketing material.

I was super impressed.

Advertisement