Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves - #5 Baby and crumble

• 21-11-2016 12:33pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Week 5, and the temperature has taken a massive drop, frost and snow are in the air. Black Friday sales are already under way and the smell of Christmas is just around the corner.

This week we are joined by one of our long time posters the wonderful Baby and crumble.

Let's get to it! Quality Street or Roses? First Christmas Song you listen to each year?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tree!!

Do you prefer real or artificial?
    Clear bulbs or coloured?
    Tinsel- love or hate?
    Do you have a favourite decoration?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Whats your favourite christmas film ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's your most unusual item of Christmas clothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Christmas breakkie:

Fry up or selection box?

If you partake in booze what time do you estimate your first tipple?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys I haven't been online since last week I totally forgot it was my turn! Ok, I'll get through as much as I can on my bus into work.

YAY! \o/

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Quality Street or Roses?

Roses. Without a doubt. BUT overall I probably prefer Celebrations. *gasp!*
    First Christmas Song you listen to each year?

Well see, that's difficult because I do tend to listen to Christmas music all year round but it's probably Santa Baby. That's a fairly heavy song in my general rotation. I love it!

Posy wrote: »
    Tree!!

Do you prefer real or artificial?

I always WANT to prefer real, but I don't. I just think they always look a bit wonky. Plus we always had an artificial tree when I was growing up in the 80's. One year we did get a real tree and my mother complained so much about having to hoover the needles out of the carpet that I just took against them by osmosis or something!!! I do like the smell though.
    Clear bulbs or coloured?

Actually both. On our tree we have a string of each. You have to have colourdy lights at Christmas!!!
    Tinsel- love or hate?

LOVE LOVE LOVE tinsel. Love it.
    Do you have a favourite decoration?

Yes. I have a few but the first that has come to mind is the glass tree topper that myself and my now fiancee bought in Germany at one of the markets over there. It was ridiculously expensive and we had to mind it like a baby in the luggage on the way home but it's beautiful.

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Whats your favourite christmas film ?

I have so many! For nostalgia sake, and because I have to watch it at least once a year it's probably The Muppets Christmas Carol.

"Wherever you find love, it feels like Chriiiiiistmas!"

:)

What's your most unusual item of Christmas clothing?

Erm, I don't actually have much Christmas clothing! I mean I have a few t shirts and a jumper, but that's hardly unusual.

I do have a red tartan bow tie that I made a few years ago that I tend to wear a good bit over the season. It's very festive and nobody else has one- since I made it myself!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Christmas breakkie:

Fry up or selection box?

Neither, actually. My fiancée makes the most AMAZING American pancakes. It's those, plus loads of bacon and piles of maple syrup.

Noms.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    If you partake in booze what time do you estimate your first tipple?

I'm not a big fan of daytime drinking as a rule. I also don't drink wine so my first Christmas Day drink will probably a whiskey in front of the fire as we open presents after dinner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What have you asked Santa for this year? And have you been good enough to get it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

You open presents after dinner? How do you wait?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What's your first sign that Christmas is near?

The one food item that makes Christmas for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Themed Christmas decorations or a free for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

ok do you prefer giving or receiving presents?

have you all your Christmas shopping done?

brussell sprouts, yay or nay???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's your favourite type of stuffing?

miamee wrote: »
    What have you asked Santa for this year? And have you been good enough to get it? :D

I'd LOVE one of the mini Nintendos NES systems that came out recently.

And no. Probably not. :D

You open presents after dinner? How do you wait?

That's how my family always did it. Santa presents before church, then family presents after dinner. To be fair we always ate Christmas dinner at 2 so it's not too bad. I like the anticipation. :)

kitten_k wrote: »
    Themed Christmas decorations or a free for all?

Definitely a free for all! Most of the things I like for roughly into a style but I never set out that way.

I hate colour themed Christmas trees.

Kajemo wrote: »
    ok do you prefer giving or receiving presents?

Giving. I'm happily at the stage of my life where when I really think about it, I don't want for anything. I like getting presents but it's not vital. I do love giving presents though, especially if I've spent time researching and getting the RIGHT present.
    have you all your Christmas shopping done?

None. I plan to get a few gifts in the US next week. I make a lot of gifts but they're mostly food.
    brussell sprouts, yay or nay???

Yay.

So much yay.

Especially pan fried with bacon. Drool.

• Advertisement

What's your favourite type of stuffing?

I'm not a huge stuffing fan. My Mum used to make walnut and apricot and was amazing.

I do want to try that potato stuffing that was mentioned last week I think. Sounds amazing.

What's your first sign that Christmas is near?

Booking my holidays from work.

And when we get the first proper cold snap after summer. Love it.
    The one food item that makes Christmas for you?

Turkey. It has to be turkey. One year in my brothers house we had beef instead and it was utterly bizarre. My sister in law is an AMAZING cook and the beef was really delicious, but no turkey on Christmas is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Crib or no crib?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Crib or no crib?

We have a beautiful nativity scene which is like a Russian dolls stacking system all cut from one slice of a tree. It's beautiful. We always have that out.

Christmas is not a religious holiday for me, as in many ways I don't count myself as Christian, but I was brought up that way so old habits die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We have a beautiful nativity scene which is like a Russian dolls stacking system all cut from one slice of a tree. It's beautiful. We always have that out.

Christmas is not a religious holiday for me, as in many ways I don't count myself as Christian, but I was brought up that way so old habits die hard.

That sounds beautiful! We put up a crib but it's more out of habit too.

Similar to me. Christmas is about having the four of us together.

Advertisement