Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Dogs 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's currently sitting on a Metascore of 86 based on 33 reviews which is pretty incredible (the 16th best rated PS4 game of 2016).

This is very quickly becoming a must-have for me. Just a question now whether I get it myself now or I hope the lovely other half will allow it on my Christmas list :D

57.99 in arogs, 74.99 in Gamestop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

preordered from simplygames for 45euros

but it's not arrived today :(

anybody else recieved there copy if ordered from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got this today in Argos. A voucher I had swayed my decision. Have to say, it's great craic so far. The world is brilliant just to stop and look at, NPC's reactions are gas, parkour is fast and fluid and the characters are great. I really thought the hiostr hackers would be annoying but they have some good writing behind their douchey talk. Voice actors do a good job as well.

Driving is arcadey and it suits the world but the handling could be tweaked to make it less sensitive. I'm finding motor bikes the best way to get around. Phone apps are class like the Shazam one that identifies music playing around you and adds to your playlist. Only did a few missions so far but having a lot more fun already than my whole time with Mafia 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Just bought it. I wanted to eat pasta this week anyway.

Ha allegedly someone got a ban on PSN for sharing a NSFW pic taken in game

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1541720

Devs clearly had way too much time on their hands :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ha allegedly someone got a ban on PSN for sharing a NSFW pic taken in game

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1541720

Devs clearly had way too much time on their hands :eek:

Here is the original source. Very funny story.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1314516

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Such an improvement over the first game. Far more pleasant world to explore, an interesting batch of characters who I'm already invested in after 3 or so hours, and most importantly IMO the hacking feels far more fleshed out than it did in the original.

Oh and it's worth noting that Ubi have finally ditched theit bulls hit sync point/tower mechanic that has plagued all their open world games for years now. You discover the content simply by exploring the world in this one which is very refreshing as it feels very natural after years of feeling like I was doing nothing more than systematically checking items of a list of things to do in Ubi's games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Maybe counselling would help?

• Advertisement

The feeling of completing a mission with no alarms raised and never physically entering the area is great.
    Really enjoying all the side stuff and the characters too.

Haven't used my gun once. If I get spotted, I let them kill me so I can start again. As above, letting the RC car so the work for me is class and challenging. Just bombing around in fast cars is a great laugh and the soundtrack is banging. I love the hackers \mr. Robot\ anonymous feel to it but more that they can take the piss out of themselves as well. Fair play Ubi with this.

Found the emote wheel, started emoting with an NPC, did a dance for him and he took out his phone and took a selfie of himself with me dancing in the background. Class little random moment.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Found the emote wheel, started emoting with an NPC, did a dance for him and he took out his phone and took a selfie of himself with me dancing in the background. Class little random moment.
    I did it next to a musician and people started clapping. :D

I started petting a dog on the street and a guy came over saying he wished he had a dog, the NPC interaction is mad.

What upgrades are ye going for? Shooting will get no upgrades from me. I think the driving one will be important when online opens up as escaping in the car using hacks will be very handy.

I started petting a dog on the street and a guy came over saying he wished he had a dog, the NPC interaction is mad.

What upgrades are ye going for? Shooting will get no upgrades from me. I think the driving one will be important when online opens up as escaping in the car using hacks will be very handy.
    I fully upgraded the Jumper and Drones mobility, can steal parked cars without setting off the alarms and can send them around the place, (great craic) can hack cranes, cherry pickers etc. increased reload speed/stun gun charge and some extra botnet.

I'll be going for either the last two Jumper/Drone upgrades or the ability to send gangs/police after people.

Had a great moment where an enemy gang had me boxed in but didn't know where I was.
    Reinforcements were sitting in a car with a police car behind them.
    I hacked the gang car into reverse and started a fight between the two that drew everyones attention allowing me to escape. :pac:

That post was longer than I intended. :o

What upgrades have you/other people gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

57.99 in arogs, 74.99 in Gamestop :rolleyes:

Do people really still pay these mad prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Reati wrote:
    Do people really still pay these mad prices?

Got it for 49 including PM delivery from the game collection.

What upgrades have you/other people gotten?

Same as you but you have a few more unlocked but will be going the same route. Do you get the chance to buy cars and store them at a HQ? I'd like to buy a fast bike that I have constant access to. Found a Mitsubishi evo last night and was a great laugh to drive.

Same as you but you have a few more unlocked but will be going the same route. Do you get the chance to buy cars and store them at a HQ? I'd like to buy a fast bike that I have constant access to. Found a Mitsubishi evo last night and was a great laugh to drive.
    No when you buy a car/bike it spawns in the garage next to the dealers and is available from the Cars On Demand for free from then on.
    On the brightside if you wreck it you can order a new one every 60 seconds, also free.

You can also get paintjobs and apply them to all cars you order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only played a bit so far but enjoying it a lot. Already feels like an improvement on the first one which by this stage I'd already given up on.

Only issue is the driving is still awful. Trying to line yourself up correctly takes a lot of moving the stick back and forth slightly as the cars feel so light, but then when braking or turning, the cars feel really heavy.

Penn wrote: »
    Only played a bit so far but enjoying it a lot. Already feels like an improvement on the first one which by this stage I'd already given up on.

Only issue is the driving is still awful. Trying to line yourself up correctly takes a lot of moving the stick back and forth slightly as the cars feel so light, but then when braking or turning, the cars feel really heavy.
    I've found that it can depend on the car you are driving.
    I recently drove a muscle car that looks like a pickup and liked the spread of durability, speed and handling enough that I went and bought my own.
    You probably just need to find a vehicle that suits your driving style.

I find the Dedsec knight rider type car class. It's free once you buy the car order app and finish the mission with it (early on)

I find the Dedsec knight rider type car class. It's free once you buy the car order app and finish the mission with it (early on)
    It's a great car I agree but the high pitched whine of the engine got on my nerves quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »

Did you try any motorbikes?

It's a great car I agree but the high pitched whine of the engine got on my nerves quick.

Yeah some of the cars (and bikes) sound absolutely horrible. Really bad design choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Did you try any motorbikes?

Yeah the motorbikes didn't seem as bad but maybe because I was less conscious about having them lined up to get between traffic than I was with cars. Still fairly wide turning circles though and heavy when braking.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

1.05 dropped this evening. Multiplayer working as intended now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Big improvement on the first one anyway but dear god the characters are beyond irritating, as is the "hackerz" nonsense. Theres some fun to be had with the obvious references to Tom Cruise and Scientology amongst others so its ok but not the massive improvement some had suggested. Not sure how far in I am but I can't see myself doing much more than the side missions and main missions before I go back to BF1 and Skyrim. I'd suggest anyone thinking about it to hold off and see does it go down in price. All its really done for me is make me want to pick up GTA5 again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm really enjoying the main story missions and having a lot of fun with the game in general, big big improvement over the first one.

Advertisement