Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas films and TV shows: As they happen

• 31-10-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for Christmas films and TV shows that are on TV over the next couple of months. It's easy to miss Christmassy things at this time of year. Miracle On 34th Street (the 1973 version) is on Sony Channel at 11.40am on the 6th, so set your reminders!

Tomorrow from 10-12 there are a few Christmas shows on Food Network. If you're not in work it's the perfect time to make some hot chocolate and dream about Christmas food! If you're in work, fear not, because there are a couple of shows on between 8pm and 9pm. Actually, looking at the TV Guide there are Christmas cooking shows on all week on Food Network at various times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,911 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It might be a good idea, but its October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

True Movies - or whatever they call themselves - have had constant Christmas films on since mid-October and will continue until February. I'll be darned if I'm going to list them all.

It's not November yet, let alone December, so give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Home Alone is on Film Four next Saturday at 6:55 to kick off the Christmas season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Surely the whole rest of boards is space enough for the grinches? If you don't want to know about Christmas then why post in the Christmas Forum? I don't think its Toto that needs to give it a rest tbh.

Can't wait for Home Alone next week!! Love this thread idea!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

NIMAN wrote: »
    It might be a good idea, but its October!
    Please read the charter if you want to post here again. Posts like yours are specifically mentioned as being against the rules.

PS. It's going to be November in just over 11 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Santa Baby (2006), 1pm today, True entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Surely the whole rest of boards is space enough for the grinches? If you don't want to know about Christmas then why post in the Christmas Forum? I don't think its Toto that needs to give it a rest tbh.

Can't wait for Home Alone next week!! Love this thread idea!

Exactly !!!!
    Thanks Toto great thread, I'm due to work tomorrow I love food network think I will record it

Posy wrote: »
    Please read the charter if you want to post here again. Posts like yours are specifically mentioned as being against the rules.

PS. It's going to be November in just over 11 hours!

Jez, lighten up, it was a joke.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Charter wrote: »
    Posts and comments like "Bah, Humbug" or "OMG, It's October" may be deleted and can earn you a warning.
    That's fine- I'm just giving a quick reminder of the rules!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great thread Toto! I need to watch Home Alone in entirety this year. I haven't seen it in ages from start to finish.

• Advertisement

One of the all-time classics, a film which you never tire of.

I'm looking forward to watching it with my kids for the 1st time ever, they should enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Home Alone is on Film Four next Saturday at 6:55 to kick off the Christmas season

Followed by Home Alone 2: Lost in New York on Sunday at 12:25pm on Sky Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

If you watch a Harry Potter movie every Saturday, it will bring you right to Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Sky Cinema Christmas starts tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Santa with Muscles(1996) Stars Hulk Hogan. 9.00am tomorrow on Sony Movies and on at 10 on plus 1.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don't forget folks Home Alone is on Film4 tonight 6.55 and anytime on Netflix Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Loughc wrote: »
    Don't forget folks Home Alone is on Film4 tonight 6.55 and anytime on Netflix Ireland.

Thanks for the tip off. I love Home Alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Currently enjoying Home Alone on Film4 +1. I'll never get tired of this film!

Heart Xmas music channel has started on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Miracle on 34th street (1973 version) is on Sony channel @ 11.40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

11... not impressed with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I love Christmas 24 (Sky 327) for Christmas Films in November

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

D0NNELLY wrote:
    11... not impressed with myself

I only got 10!!!

Seeeriously dissapointed with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

15/15 :D and some of them were guesses cos I haven't seen them all!! Delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I got 12. Need to get studying fast. Is Gremlins a Christmas movie . Was scared of them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

11, but in my defence I haven't seen several of them and THERE ARE 4 Ghosts! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Is Gremlins a Christmas movie

As much as Die Hard!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I got 12. Need to get studying fast. Is Gremlins a Christmas movie . Was scared of them
    Yes! Now I've had a phobia of Gremlins since I was a child. My wife has a bobble-head Gizmo that I wouldn't allow her to put on display in the house because it freaked me out so much. But I watched it again with her a few weeks ago and, while the first part of the film is pretty dark, it does get funny afterwards and so I'm going to allow it into the Christmas rotation this year.

I may even watch Gremlins 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Vojera wrote: »
    Yes! Now I've had a phobia of Gremlins since I was a child. My wife has a bobble-head Gizmo that I wouldn't allow her to put on display in the house because it freaked me out so much. But I watched it again with her a few weeks ago and, while the first part of the film is pretty dark, it does get funny afterwards and so I'm going to allow it into the Christmas rotation this year.

I may even watch Gremlins 2 :D

Yes be a rebel Vojera!

I remember the first time I watched it as a child. I woke up screaming that night that there was a gremlin under my bed! Still get slagged about it to this day! It was bunk beds so now I say I wasn't too wrong as my sister L was under my bed!

Advertisement