Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1/2 price Euromillions tickets from Multilotto

Options
  • 14-07-2016 9:56am

This offer is appearing on Groupon this morning. How can this Multilotto company sell genuine Euromillions tickets at half their price? The only possible way I can think of is if you're buying each line as part of a syndicate, but the "Fine Print" says nothing about that.

Can somebody explain it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

This offer is appearing on Groupon this morning. How can this Multilotto company sell genuine Euromillions tickets at half their price? The only possible way I can think of is if you're buying each line as part of a syndicate, but the "Fine Print" says nothing about that.

Can somebody explain it? Thanks.

Bump. Living social doing something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BsBox

Doesn't this go against the rules?

6.6 Sale of Tickets
    a) No person or business other than a Retail Sales Agent under contract for the sale
    of Tickets with The National Lottery may sell Tickets except that nothing in this
    section shall be construed to prevent a person who may lawfully purchase tickets
    from making a gift of Tickets to another.
    b) Tickets may not be sold at a location other than the location address listed on the
    Retail Sales Agent's contract with The National Lottery.
    d) No Retail Sales Agent may sell a Ticket at a price per Play other than that set
    down by The National Lottery.

Maybe I'm being too skeptical, but it sounds too good to be true. I mean, if you won big and they found out you bought your tickets through this, would your winnings be in jeopardy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you're effectively betting on the outcome of the draw with them.
    they have lower overheads and nothing to pay to good causes, meaning they can give the same payouts at a lower ticket cost and still turn a profit.

you're effectively betting on the outcome of the draw with them.
    they have lower overheads and nothing to pay to good causes, meaning they can give the same payouts at a lower ticket cost and still turn a profit.

But if you win the jackpot of €100 million after buying a Euromillions ticket with them how could they pay it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they use insurance policies to cover that unlikely event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Would they not need a licence to run their own lottery?

they use insurance policies to cover that unlikely event.

Interesting. So they never actually give any of the money you spend on a Euromillions ticket to the Euromillions company? Are they being regulated though? When I searched online before doing the op, there was nothing about the legitimacy of these companies (there are a few of them) and how they worked. In the unlikely event that you won even €300,000 in Euromillions, it would be a bit upsetting to find they won't pay out. It would be an enormous saving to buy these tickets, but so far to me it sounds very much like the scam that hasn't been exposed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Chris Tarrant was doing an ad for something similar,Lottland? i think. Be wary

Advertisement