Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannabis/Hemp Products/Medicinal/Legal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Skyfarm wrote: »
    You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle by just saying no,you are just coming across(in my opinion) as a bit of a judgment guru.

All hail widdershins,for his word and thoughts are law
    Maybe you should rest,being Sunday

And you're doing what, exactly?
    I think I already said I'd be voting Yes.
    And it's She, not He.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Voted legalise for medicinal uses. Only because I've seen the bad side of smoking too much. Absolutely it's not as bad as alcohol and that's legal BUT that shouldn't be a reason to totally legalise. Decriminalise it and make it available to people who need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

And you're doing what, exactly?
    I think I already said I'd be voting Yes.
    And it's She, not He.

does it really matter anymore,in my world its he
    If you feel i have or am insulting you or stealing your gender thats not my intention,im off to reflect on my judgment of you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I work about three doors down from a legal pot shop here in Seattle. Fully legal for recreational use as long as you're over twenty one. There's at least four more within a mile.

Its been like this for a couple of years now and has certainly been a positive for Washington state. Its all highly regulated, all grown within the state. Licenced, taxed etc. The price has dropped now so the old style "drug dealers" are all gone now I think. Numbers show a drop among kids too, its actually harder for them to get now.

This November 8th in the USA the states of Nevada, Arizona and California will be voting on full recreational legalisation.

It is expected to pass I think. Which will mean that added to the states of Washington, Alaska and Oregon, the entire west coast of the US A will have legal weed.

Its only a matter of time before it spreads east. I think there may be a couple of east coast states voting on it this November as well.

• Advertisement

does it really matter anymore,in my world its he
    If you feel i have or am insulting you or stealing your gender thats not my intention,im off to reflect on my judgment of you

No, it doesn't matter :)
    Any particular reason I seem like a He to you, just out of curiosity?
    I don't judge for the smoking of cannabis per se. It's more complicated than that. They say everyone judges someone.

What's the difference between legalising and decriminalising cannabis?
    Does it mean, it's not legal to sell it but there'd be no punishment for using it?

Does it mean, it's not legal to sell it but there'd be no punishment for using it?

I think so. I think decriminalisation means not prosecuting the users but its still illegal? I think its how they do it in Amsterdam.

Legalisation is the only way. Licenced growers and sellers and tested labeled traceable product.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Essentially yeah, its technically not legal but prohibition is not enforced. The government would be only maybe concerned with individuals selling large quantities and revenue seeing none of it; rather than some of the manure you heard politicians spew in opposition to Ming Flanagan's previous proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

there is a review of medical cannabis going on at the moment ,its being driven by irish mammy's fighting for the right to use it for their children medical needs

http://health.gov.ie/blog/press-release/statement-from-minister-for-health-simon-harris-td-regarding-medicinal-cannabis/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I think so. I think decriminalisation means not prosecuting the users but its still illegal? I think its how they do it in Amsterdam.

Legalisation is the only way. Licenced growers and sellers and tested labeled traceable product.

Yeah. Think of it like homosexuality. It used to be illegal. Then it was decriminalised. Which means anyone can do it. It's not a crime and it's not even mentioned in the law.

Legalising something means that you legislate for it. It should be legalised. Like alcohol for example we don't want kids getting their hands on it. Also it would result in a certain amount of quality control.

The polls are saying that California will vote to legalise recreational marijuana on election day next Tuesday.

That will really shake things up. They have the world's 5th or 6th largest economy, about as big as the UK.

Businesses will have an opportunity to seriously grow, and they will develop power to lobby and use their commercial clout to move the end of prohibition across the rest of the states.

there is a review of medical cannabis going on at the moment ,its being driven by irish mammy's fighting for the right to use it for their children medical needs

http://health.gov.ie/blog/press-release/statement-from-minister-for-health-simon-harris-td-regarding-medicinal-cannabis/

Harris in first to reassure the pharmaceutical industries that decriminalisation won't happen and that precription will be case by case...

Would be great to see this happen, Ireland needs to get with the times.
    I doubt any politician could look a young child in the eye and tell them they can't have the medicine they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Absolutley not, go to mass you filthy hippie.

I voted for that one because I thought it was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Tigger wrote: »
    I think people should have the right to invest what they want
    The new drug driving testing rules mean I no longer smoke grass as you will test positivie if you are a regular smoker
    Personally I'd love to be allowed take a bit of coke when I need a rush or grass when I'm feeling like a good chill but contraversiLly I'd love to be allowed smoke a bit of H every so often. I've found that the libertines get tetchy when I say u like to smoke the oapiats but I do
    So op what do you think of my right to oap

sure pete loves a bit of H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Not a cannabis user in any way shape or form but I'd regard myself as pro-legalization. Think its silly that in an Ireland with alcohol and tobacco products (both of which I'll admit to partaking in on occasion) so readily available that cannabis is still illegal to possess/use. Also think the biggest benefit of legalization would be regulation/taxation, think we'd have a lot less turning to alternatives and ''dipped'' products and the like. Also think the added tax stream would of huge benefit to the exchequer!

Harris in first to reassure the pharmaceutical industries that decriminalisation won't happen and that precription will be case by case...

I doubt any politician could look a young child in the eye and tell them they can't have the medicine they need.

Like they do with Sativex, a cannabis- based medication that treats M.S symptoms..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The Scientist Medical Marijuana Documentary
    This is a great documentary showing the life works of Nobel prize nominee Dr. Mechoulam from his early days...as a child of the Holocaust in Bulgaria, through his immigration to Israel, and his career as the chief investigator into the chemistry and biology of the world’s most misunderstood plant.

Watch out for the Irish links and Dublin and Trinity College scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yeah but I don't think kids should be allowed to smoke joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think kids should be allowed to smoke joints.

I don't think anyone is talking about kids smoking joints. Like alcohol or cigarettes it would be controlled.
    For medicinal use it would be the THC / CBD liquid extract that would be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It should be 100% legal alcohol and tobacco are both legal and have no benefits whats so ever and cost the health system millions every year ,

And if weed or what is legal you won't have to smoke edibles will be freely available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is talking about kids smoking joints. Like alcohol or cigarettes it would be controlled.
    For medicinal use it would be the THC / CBD liquid extract that would be used.

Scientifc studies to date have found very little benefit for CBD's. If people didn't use it recreationally it would barely be talked about in a medical sense.

jh79 wrote: »
    Scientifc studies to date have found very little benefit for CBD's. If people didn't use it recreationally it would barely be talked about in a medical sense.

Do you have a link to these studies? I'm not implying what you are saying is BS or anything but it would be interesting to see who funded these studies.

Do you have a link to these studies? I'm not implying what you are saying is BS or anything but it would be interesting to see who funded these studies.

Do you honestly believe "big pharma" agents sneak into university labs at night and mess with the experiments??

What is the basis for claims that marijuana has a clinical effect of any great note? What studies leads you or anyone else to believe that medicial marijuana is the geniune article, i've yet to come across any research of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

It should be 100% legal alcohol and tobacco are both legal and have no benefits whats so ever and cost the health system millions every year ,

And if weed or what is legal you won't have to smoke edibles will be freely available

arent edibles a completely different story? dont really know but heard someone say a different compound is produced when its digested in the liver

Do you honestly believe "big pharma" agents sneak into university labs at night and mess with the experiments??

What is the basis for claims that marijuana has a clinical effect of any great note? What studies leads you or anyone else to believe that medicial marijuana is the geniune article, i've yet to come across any research of note?

Not at all, I am not in the habit of wearing tinfoil hats.
    It is just interesting to see who funds these studies.
    Even with the likes of sports supplements who make claims about how their products are 'scientifically tested' i.e. is it independently double blind placebo tested, or is the criteria completely dictated by the supplement company in order to make the results more favourable for their marketing pitch.

I am not claiming it will solve every ailment under the sun but if it relieves patients from seizures how is it right to have it as an illegal substance?
    Even if I needed medication myself for sleep issues or pain relief I would rather smoke or ingest the extract of a plant that grows out of the ground that isn't physically addictive than having to religiously pop pills that I could potentially OD on or suffer significant side effects from.

Not at all, I am not in the habit of wearing tinfoil hats.
    It is just interesting to see who funds these studies.
    Even with the likes of sports supplements who make claims about how their products are 'scientifically tested' i.e. is it independently double blind placebo tested, or is the criteria completely dictated by the supplement company in order to make the results more favourable for their marketing pitch.

I am not claiming it will solve every ailment under the sun but if it relieves patients from seizures how is it right to have it as an illegal substance?
    Even if I needed medication myself for sleep issues or pain relief I would rather smoke or ingest the extract of a plant that grows out of the ground that isn't physically addictive than having to religiously pop pills that I could potentially OD on or suffer significant side effects from.

Plants can be harmful too, what you are saying is referred to as the natural fallacy.

How effective is it at relieving seizures and what side effects are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Are you going to link to the studies you are refering to or are you going to keep avoiding the request?

Are you going to link to the studies you are refering to or are you going to keep avoiding the request?

Did you ask the same of those claiming it does have benefits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Did you ask the same of those claiming it does have benefits?

No I didn't.

Now, could you link to the study's you mentioned. Thanks.

Advertisement