Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain watch.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psydereyes

TK Max up in carrickmines seems to have a load of ski gear in. Was there today and got myself a very nice Atomic Jacket :)

Any children going skiing for the first time I would put them in the Lidl gear without a seconds thought. Grand for them. Was in Lidl earlier and have to say one of the ladies jacket (3 panel colours i think) looked great - not sure about specs etc but looked pretty sweet.... and sure thats half the battle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Got my 8 Year old Jacket, Trousers, Socks x 2, Bottom Base Layer x 2, Gloves and snow boots in Lidl today for €65. If its ****e thats not good enough, will just pick up stuff over there.. but for that price you can't go wrong!

I got my 2 year old some things too. Not for skiing, but they'll be great for hiking and mucking about in crappy weather and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭akasudonim

Got my 8 Year old Jacket, Trousers, Socks x 2, Bottom Base Layer x 2, Gloves and snow boots in Lidl today for €65. If its ****e thats not good enough, will just pick up stuff over there.. but for that price you can't go wrong!

Yep got all the gear there for the kids today. They tried it on tonight and looks good, some stuff to go back for size change, but great value. The excitement's great already, can't wait! There'll be plenty options there if something needs replacing anyhow. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Bought a few more of the Crivit base layers today, had one since last year, they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone spot any good bargains for ski gear in Black Friday sales?

Also, Aldi have their ski range in store from Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Anyone spot any good bargains for ski gear in Black Friday sales?

Also, Aldi have their ski range in store from Sunday.

I've noticed of late that Aldi/Lidl puts their stock out early. Ski gear has been there a while now.

All the web stores I buy from have nothing I want.

Try www.blue-tomato.com or www.bergzeit.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Whitedot skis on SportPursuit at the minutes. UK mainland delivery only but I'm sure there are ways around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Parcel Motel! Is your answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Top Flight giving a €200 Great Outdoors voucher if you book with them today.

If youve your eye on something with them this is great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Eider, Volcom and Spyder in TK Maxx Carrickmines. Spyder stuff is their higher end jackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Just getting my gear ready tonight, for my upcoming trip :D:D
    Had been having awful issues with headphones. so in my desperation I tried a pair of these:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Speakers-Earphone-Headphone-for-MP3-MP4-GPS-Cellphone-Mobilephone/32519219721.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.SbR4UH
    They fit my helmet perfectly and the sound is as good as the Skullcandy headphones they are replacing. Only issue I can see (pre the beating they will get on the slopes) is the volume control, very flimsy, and definitely not suited to wet gloves/mitts but I'm going to wrap it in tape and I've already ordered a clip-on Bluetooth receiver (it has a full set of controls) for them which f*n better arrive by Friday. The headphones are €3, the Bluetooth receiver is €36!
    Just thought I'd share the link, as I know others have the same issues I was having :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

Has anyone been into heatons for ski gear ?
    It's the same as sports direct but they have some half decent ski gear for cheap enough money in fairness

Has anyone been into heatons for ski gear ?
    It's the same as sports direct but they have some half decent ski gear for cheap enough money in fairness

Didn't realise they did it in store here. I have bought from Sports Direct and found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭blue note

Guys, any advice on sizes for Aldi ski gear? I'm a S for canterbury base layers - would Aldi be similar? I got a S under Armour from america and it was too big for me! But I'm thinking of a M for the mid layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

blue note wrote: »
    Guys, any advice on sizes for Aldi ski gear? I'm a S for canterbury base layers - would Aldi be similar? I got a S under Armour from america and it was too big for me! But I'm thinking of a M for the mid layer.

I'm a M in UA Euro sizing and Aldi base layers

53 Degrees North have a ski sale on:

http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/

Decent selection in store as well I believe

Advertisement