Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with sniper rifle please!!!!

• 25-10-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

So I bought a SSG P69 off a guy on here gun arrived today in good shape, but I can't for the life of me get it to shoot accurately, BB dispersion is all over the place i.e. One high, one left, one High right etc. I have a 4x32 scope on it and have tried adjusting hop up but still all over the place!! Any ideas on how to sort this would be gratefully received!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Did You try cleaning the barrel? What bb's are you using? What is your grouping and at what range?

A SSG is not a very accurate rifle to begin with, not like a TM VSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

thermo wrote: »
    Did You try cleaning the barrel? What bb's are you using? What is your grouping and at what range?

A SSG is not a very accurate rifle to begin with, not like a TM VSR.

Yes I cleaned the barrel with small microfibre on the rod. .20 bbs @ 30m grouping is metres apart!! Rifle was what my budget would allow as I'm new to the sport and wanted to make sure I stick with it before spending huge money!

What brand of bb's do you have heavier bb's to try?

What brand of bb's do you have heavier bb's to try?

Don't currently hav heavier bbs to try. I'm using cyber gun high density bbs

You have a link to the bb's your using?

• Advertisement

I hav attached a pic of them, would the bb make that much of a difference. They have very good accuracy out of my 1911

Bb's make all the difference, and some guns "like" some bb's better than others....

I don't, if you google "cybergun .20 high density bbs" they are white and came in a bottle of 5000. Would the bb make a big difference as I use them in my 1911 and my grouping is good with that?.

Yup that's them

• Advertisement

Yup that's them

No offence but they are only fit for grenades. Get "Swiss arms" ( hobby airsoft) or "nuprol" ( Airsofteire) brands, way better ammo.

Avoid any bb's that. One in a bottle with a loading nozzle top.

No offence but they are only fit for grenades. Get "Swiss arms" ( hobby airsoft) or "nuprol" ( Airsofteire) brands, way better ammo.

Avoid any bb's that. One in a bottle with a loading nozzle top.

No offence taken, as I said I'm a newbie so any info I can get is great, I'll call to jokers of airsoft tomorrow and see what he has. What weight would you recommend for long distance accuracy??

I just checked his website he stocks G&G ..... any good??

I use .28's in everything, pistols, rifles and shot guns. I'd say get .25's or .28's or both........

I use .28's in everything, pistols, rifles and shot guns. I'd say get .25's or .28's or both........

Do you lose much range with the heavier bb?

I just checked his website he stocks G&G ..... any good??

They USED to be, not quite so much now....... order some online.

They USED to be, not quite so much now....... order some online.

Sounds good! If you had to choose which of the two you mentioned would you go for??

Depending on your set up not really. What you loose in overall range you make up in usable range.

Sounds good! If you had to choose which of the two you mentioned would you go for??

Nuprol. Main Irish airsoft stock them too

Nuprol. Main Irish airsoft stock them too

Out of stock!! Must be good

• Advertisement

Excel .25's any good?

Out of stock!! Must be good

They are!
    Try these so
    http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/Ammunition/BB-Pellets-KingArms

Excel .25's any good?
    Yeah a bit pricy though

Yeah a bit pricy though

€12 for 2200, I don't have any full auto guns so will prob last me a while! Any other ideas to improve on the inconsistency?

Any other ideas to improve on the inconsistency?

Buy a VSR :eek:

Get .25 g + bb's

Buy a VSR :eek:

Get .25 g + bb's

Maybe down the line!!

Maybe down the line!!

Even a clone like a JG bar 10, then replace the inner barrel and hop up rubber.

Even a clone like a JG bar 10, then replace the inner barrel and hop up rubber.

Ended up staying up late last night so dismantled the gun, & removed the barrell and cleaned it thoroughly as well as a small drop of oil to the hop up rubber. Seemed to be firing much better this morning before work, so I will get the .25 bbs and spend some time adjusting hop up and zeroing scope on Saturday and see how it goes.

Bought some .25 and some .32 today seems to make a big difference, also getting hop up rubber changed on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Bought some .25 and some .32 today seems to make a big difference, also getting hop up rubber changed on Saturday.

Turns out you can't get upgraded parts for these!! Sickened!

Advertisement