Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Link back to MT's Weather Thread from 2010 (28th Oct onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Link back to MT's Weather Thread from 28th Oct 2010 onwards, I thought some posters might be interested to see the build up to the big freeze of 2010 and if there are any similarities in this years weather patterns.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=108

The link is bringing me back to the 26th of July lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

9 Feb 14 for me.

But it still made for some very interesting reading re the storm of the 12 Feb. Got caught out in the sting jet that day between Kilrush and Kilkee, was one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Ah flaming Nora, I linked the page from my pc in work and obviously the pages differ depending on what device you're using. I'm on a tablet now and I can't get to the page easily. If anyone is on a pc and can link it better by an actual post I'd be very grateful. Otherwise enjoy your pick n mix weather report lol. Feeling very silly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

the link on the PC is good, goes to 28-10-2010.. mobile versions use different paging, it has fewer posts per page. Anyway you should be able to view it, most mobile browsers offer a switch to "desktop" version in settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    9 Feb 14 for me.

But it still made for some very interesting reading re the storm of the 12 Feb. Got caught out in the sting jet that day between Kilrush and Kilkee, was one of the most frightening experiences of my life.

Had to travel up that road that day, couldn't make it past Moyasta due to all the fallen trees!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Am I right in reading 13th Nov was the first hint towards serious cold from MT in that thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/148

For mobile users, interesting stuff starts around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ohhhh happy nostalgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Those were the days ... maybe we'll have some of that excitement this time around, I've said in long-range forecast that I think it will make an attempt to set up a somewhat similar pattern, chances of anything that epic are obviously not very high but even a few hints of it would surpass many recent winters altogether.

At the moment, the charts for the end of the GFS run in two weeks begin to look wintry in an easterly sort of way.

Probably in 2010 (hazy recollection now) my forecasts rarely looked more than seven days ahead, I think there was some indication of colder weather over the horizon by mid-October based on North Atlantic patterns. It wasn't widely expected that things would get that intense until a few days before the first stage of the outbreak (which was around 22-25 Nov).

I do remember that the first five or six days of Nov 2010 were very mild and temperatures were in the high teens and stayed very mild at night. Then I recall there was a windstorm around the 12th or so, after which the pattern started to change steadily with the jet stream dropping much further south, then signs of the wintry outbreak developing to the north and northeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hoooo boy is it ramping time already? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Great to look back at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just about to order €800 worth of Micheline Crossclimate tyres. Do i need to get my order in early for ice/snow grips for me shoes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I love MT's threads. :D

I have fond memories...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090424

I may have to start one soon the way things are shaping up!

Advertisement