Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know your Elves 2016 - #1 Hufflepuff

• 24-10-2016 7:56am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happy Monday one and all. Here we go it's time for Know Your Elves 2016. We are only 9 weeks away to the big day!!

Up first is the wonderful Hufflepuff!

Let the questions commence!

What's your favourite Christmas Song?
    Fondest Christmas Memory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yay exciting!

If you could only eat one "Christmas food" what would it be?

What's your favourite drink for the holiday season?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Santa presents: wrapped or unwrapped? (Straight in with a controversial one. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

What's your one Christmas tradition that you would never give up or change, no matter what?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Monday one and all. Here we go it's time for Know Your Elves 2016. We are only 9 weeks away to the big day!!

Up first is the wonderful Hufflepuff!

Let the questions commence!

What's your favourite Christmas Song?
    Fondest Christmas Memory?

Thanks Loughc

My favourite song has to be Bing Crosbie and David Bowie Little Drummer Boy .
    My fondest memory would be when I was about 5 years old and I'd asked Santy for a doll and pram . I was so so so nervous Christmas morning that it wouldn't be there and sent my Dad down to check for me :) of course santy had been good and I had a great day playing away.

Yay exciting!

If you could only eat one "Christmas food" what would it be?

What's your favourite drink for the holiday season?

I think if I could only eat one thing it would have to be the "Christmas night sandwich" turkey , ham, stuffing and chef brown sauce.

My drink for the season would be Prosecco , love a bit of bubbly :)

• Advertisement

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    I think if I could only eat one thing it would have to be the "Christmas night sandwich" turkey , ham, stuffing and chef brown sauce.

I was with you until the brown sauce! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

My favourite song has to be Bing Crosbie and David Bowie Little Drummer Boy

My fav song too! I just love it!
    I was with you until the brown sauce! :p

Me too, brown sauce & stuffing?!:eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

"I was so so so nervous Christmas morning that it wouldn't be there and sent my Dad down to check for me " so cute.

If you could choose, Christmas in your own house or visiting someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I'm probably coming in with a typical question here but, what was your favourite Christmas movie as a child? And what's your favourite Christmas movie now? :)

Uriel. wrote: »
    What's your one Christmas tradition that you would never give up or change, no matter what?

Not really a tradition as such ,

Christmas eve is my favourite day , I'm lucky that I don't work Christmas eve . I make sure I have everything from shops etc so I don't have to leave the house. Put on one of the music channels while I do the last minute house work. Cook the Turkey and Ham and prep all the veg Then settle down that evening in my Christmas pj's get a take away and watch Muppets Christmas Carol.

• Advertisement

If you could choose, Christmas in your own house or visiting someone else?

Love having Christmas in my own house , myself and my Mam take turns each year. I 'd do it every year if I could though .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

and watch Muppets Christmas Carol.

you could have started and finished there *heart* :):D

A_smurf wrote: »
    I'm probably coming in with a typical question here but, what was your favourite Christmas movie as a child? And what's your favourite Christmas movie now? :)

As a child it was Santa Clause The Movie but now it has to be Elf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

What is your favourite Christmas decoration?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

What kinds (if any) of Christmas clothing and bed linen do you have? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Would you say your an organised person when it comes to christmas shopping or a last minute shopper ?

Also what is your favourite bar from a selection box ?

kitten_k wrote: »
    What is your favourite Christmas decoration?

I have a tatty little angel and shes about 40 years old , was part of a set of 3 or 4 that I remember my mam buying when I was little . They were always my favourite as a child but over the years they got lost or thrown out. About 5 years ago one suddenly appeared again so I asked mam if I could have it for my own tree. Mr Hufflepuff laughs at me over the state of it but it goes on the tree every year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is there any one thing that makes you think "it's official, Christmas is coming!?"

Do you do any Christmas baking, puddings/cakes/mince pies etc...?

Do you prefer real trees or artificial?

Do you use clear lights or coloured?

What kinds (if any) of Christmas clothing and bed linen do you have? :)

I have a Christmas hoodie with a robin playing a guitar and the words Rockin Robin on the front and on the hood is a big white pompom like a snowball :) I don't own any duvet covers YET , I have so far failed to convince Mr Hufflepuff that we need one but I think this year if I just buy one and put it on the bed he can either put up with it or sleep in the spare room:p

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Would you say your an organised person when it comes to christmas shopping or a last minute shopper ?

Also what is your favourite bar from a selection box ?

Definitely an organised shopper I would not be able to cope with last minute rushing around.

Selection box favourite has to be the flat dairy milk bar although they were much nicer when they were still wrapped in foil.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Is there any one thing that makes you think "it's official, Christmas is coming!?"

I suppose when I see all the ads on TV especially the Guinness one , I love seeing that for the first time each year.

Do you do any Christmas baking, puddings/cakes/mince pies etc...?

I do , I bake a cake and make puddings for my mam and dad every year and I make tons of mince pies from the start of December right through until Christmas eve.

Do you prefer real trees or artificial?

I prefer an artificial tree , I do think real one look and smell lovely but the fact it would start drooping would annoy me.

Do you use clear lights or coloured?

I have soft white on the tree but I have coloured ones up around the house.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What time do you get up at on Christmas morning?

Is there an alarm set, or do you naturally wake up at the crack of dawn? :pac:

"What time do you get up at on Christmas morning?

Is there an alarm set, or do you naturally wake up at the crack of dawn? :pac:"

Oh I don't need an alarm for christmas day ! Awake at the crack of dawn and then torment poor Mr Hufflepuff until he'll get up with me. He is not a morning person at all nor is he in to christmas like I am. This is when I miss living in my mam and dads because my youngest brother would be a christmas nut like me and we'd be up at 6am.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Santa presents: wrapped or unwrapped? (Straight in with a controversial one. :D)

Hufflepuff you missed Toto's one! I'm dying to know the answer haha!

Loughc wrote: »
    Hufflepuff you missed Toto's one! I'm dying to know the answer haha!

OH ! apologies . I did type a reply to this earlier but obviously I didn't hit post.

In our house santy presents were always unwrapped. I always thought having wrapped presents from santy was strange . This has caused many a row between my brother and sister in law as she came from a wrapped present household and he just doesn't get it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OH ! apologies . I did type a reply to this earlier but obviously I didn't hit post.

In our house santy presents were always unwrapped. I always thought having wrapped presents from santy was strange . This has caused many a row between my brother and sister in law as she came from a wrapped present household and he just doesn't get it. :pac:

Correct. :p Never understood the wrapped presents thing but I suppose it all comes down to what you grew up with!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another controversial question Roses or Quality Street?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What is your favourite Christmas dessert? Do you have one favourite or have a wee taste of a few things? :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Store bought or home made stuffing?

• Advertisement

Do you dress up for Christmas dinner?

Advertisement