Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Support Staff

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Happy days hopefully some people were withdrawn!

On the day they told us there would be 100 posts over a 2 year period and that there were 200 people at the second stage. I think they process in small batches. My partner did her vetting and substance misuse test after being on the list for ages but didn't get offered anything.

Fingers crossed for us though! Unfortunately she didn't make the list this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

Sounds good about the numbers who got to final stage. Not knowing position on merit list can be detrimental tho. Here is hopeing 2 boardies are in 1st call then. Applying for the new constable campaign starting soon anyway as no guarantees.

Letter in the post today to say due to budget constraints the list has been frozen and will only now be kept for a year. Same old same old!

Same letter, absolutely gutted.

In regards to the budget restraints, surely they knew this 3-4 months ago so hard to understand but suppose we are in the same boat as some of the wannabe police constables from campaign 2 at the mo who scored well and put on hold while another campaign has been given the go ahead and a million pound paid for the honour id assume.

2,000 people disappointed by this ASO campaign from maybe missing out on each stage to the final stage making sure no1 potentially coming out happy from it all.

It is hard to understand. It was January that C2 was out on hold so budget constraints stretch as far back as that. Surely they would be able to figure out what they could and could not afford. I wonder if anyone has actually got a position out of this as the list would really have been live for a matter of weeks? To pull it that early means that the whole campaign was a waste. Really disheartening.

The life of the pool has gone from 2 years to 1. So in a years time after the possibility of not recruiting anyone do they advertise and go through the whole process again?

• Advertisement

From the way the letter was worded I took that they had frozen the campaign before taking on anyone. One year merit list does not sound good taking into account the campaign being suspended and vetting could take 2 months on average.

Everyone and their dog knew over the last few years the PSNI and all government departments have had to make cutbacks and to continue to make savings for the next few years, surely this was taken into account already before they opened the campaign so they had money set aside and if 100 jobs were required then what is happening to that work?

I don't like to criticise anyone because I know some jobs are difficult and challenging but the PSNI had a 14million pound underspend last year which they could not transfer to this year, hopefully the people responsible can find the money originally allocated for these jobs.

Yeh its not really criticizing. Just frustration at getting over all the hurdles to be told, sorry, not happening!

With the PSNI receiving at least an extra £160million over the next 6 years should we be expecting some movement on the ASO front after all it was frozen due to budget restraints.

Like I mentioned before we were in same position as some folks from campaign 2 who were told they were not being processed any further at that moment in time but have seen today some have received letters with good news so hopefully those who had passed all the stages for this process can be in line for some good news also.

Letter received at end Sept 15 saying campaign was frozen and a letter yesterday at end of Sept 16 saying I had not scored highly enough within merit list to be processed for appointment. Has anyone received a good news letter after all there was originally planned for 100 jobs and at least 65 had left there jobs since December 15 which did not include staff who left yesterday in the final tranche of Voluntary Exit Scheme.

Anyone know the difference in how PSNI cancelled temp staff contract with Grafton and having Noonan subcontracted to do the same? Are they classified as full-time staff with Noonan as a way around it even though it is the same and not committing the PSNI to permanent roles. Noonan forever advertising admin type roles which I making the news I received little bit more harder to take after all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LUFC63

Same here for letters. Will be writing to them to clarify during the week. The second letter should have been clearer, unless some sort of error!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

Letter received at end Sept 15 saying campaign was frozen and a letter yesterday at end of Sept 16 saying I had not scored highly enough within merit list to be processed for appointment. Has anyone received a good news letter after all there was originally planned for 100 jobs and at least 65 had left there jobs since December 15 which did not include staff who left yesterday in the final tranche of Voluntary Exit Scheme.

Anyone know the difference in how PSNI cancelled temp staff contract with Grafton and having Noonan subcontracted to do the same? Are they classified as full-time staff with Noonan as a way around it even though it is the same and not committing the PSNI to permanent roles. Noonan forever advertising admin type roles which I making the news I received little bit more harder to take after all this time.

Yes they, are full time workers with noonan but are attached to the PSNI. So when resource lost the contract they moved from Resource to noonan but still attached to PSNI. This is an easy way around everything as they only pay noonan X amount and then noonan as an employer have to provide all the other things like holiday pay etc out of the X amount that they keep. Save PSNI a whole load of money and then when they decide to close stations or cut hours its just sorry bye !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LUFC63

So apparently the merit list was initiated again in April!!! They have been working through it since and those "high" enough remain on the list, which has been extended, and the rest have been told they no longer remain on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Timetravel wrote: »

What sort of salary would that have?

Homer01 wrote: »
    What sort of salary would that have?

Its £8.36 an hour !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

dollasign wrote: »
    Its £8.36 an hour !

Nevermind then :eek:

Homer01 wrote: »
    Nevermind then :eek:

If you dont get into PSNI this time round its a good starting points to get to know the organisation and really see the job because without seeing it close up and in real life no one knows what the job is really like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Did anyone apply for the CDO position or is there anyone here in the position?

D4z wrote: »
    Did anyone apply for the CDO position or is there anyone here in the position?

What are you looking to know?

Advertisement