Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FSA Charity Champions League 16/17

• 20-10-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all and welcome to the First Annual Boards FSA Charity CL.

A total of €660 has been raised through the generous donations of the 40 participants and one further no strings attached donation to the cause after the competition was closed. Full list of the payments except for that last one are here.

Now to business.

Busts has posted the draw - full list of group fixtures and the league tables can be found on this link and will remain there throughout the group stages.

FSA CHARITY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WALL CHART

Anyone who has any difficulty accessing this let me know.

We are also looking for one person in each group to collate the scores and hopefully input them to the sheet. The team name in the fixtures are all hyperlinked to their FPL profile so its should be a simple task. Preferably somebody who knows their way around a spreadsheet. I will give them edit access to the sheet and if they are able to copy and paste and re-sort the table even better.

The spreadsheet is not as automated as I hoped, sorting columns with complex formulae sends it a bit nutty, however the league table details are still calculated automatically (in a dummy table below the main one) and just need to be copy and pasted in to the table at the top and sorted each week.

Can somebody from each group volunteer below to be Group Scorekeeper. I'll do Group D obviously.

Once we sort out a trophy I'll arrange the donation to the Galway Hospice as nominated by Zarquon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

First !!!

Also, will do Group G scores if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'll do Group F

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll do group c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

When is the 16/17 thread starting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Haven't got access to Google Docs in work so don't know what group I'm in but I will keep scores for my group.

AdpRo wrote: »
    Haven't got access to Google Docs in work so don't know what group I'm in but I will keep scores for my group.

Your in H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

When is the 16/17 thread starting :D

I have no idea what you are talking about my friend......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Audio+Editing+Ninja

Happy not to have had a match this week, everyone in group F got more than my lousy 34 :D

• Advertisement

Remember this folks!!

Matchday 1 (GW10) Fixtures

GROUP A
    Patmac Vs Boots234
    zarquon Vs KevIRL

GROUP B
    Klopparama Vs manual man
    Mike Ehermantraut Vs Colking

GROUP C
    GLaDOS Vs iused2likebusts
    Missing Links Vs Mr.Prodston

GROUP D
    FHFC Vs greedygoblin
    mno101 Vs iroced

GROUP E
    Scorpion Sting Vs dahat
    Skippy44 Vs stephenl15

GROUP F
    spock Vs Sooner or Later
    TheDazzler Vs bof

GROUP G
    Kankan14 Vs Swiper the fox
    Gaillimh1976 Vs dearg81

GROUP H
    tailgunner Vs Harps1954
    Adpro Vs Remoteboy

Group Scorekeepers are:

Group A - ?
    Group B - ?
    Group C - Busts
    Group D - FHFC
    Group E - Scorpion Sting
    Group F - spock
    Group G - Gaillimh1976
    Group H - AdpRo

Have send editable spreadsheet link an instructions (if needed) to all of the above.

Need volunteers for Groups A and B please.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'll do Group E.

I have just been on the phone to the Galway Hospice and I will be sending them down a cheque shortly, I'll post the details of the reciept etc here when I get it back.

The total donations as above were €660. I've agreed with Busts that I'll keep €20 for a trophy and engraving costs and donate the remaining €640.

They will forward me the tax form which I will fill out to allow them to claim back against my PAYE also so the total the get should be closer to €1,000.

Well done to everyone taking part and thanks again for the generous donations.

FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I would do Group A but the links are not working for me they keep linking to my own page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

I'll do Group B

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got a bye this week.

Time for that 20 point hit to set me up for the week after.

Group Scorekeepers are:

Group A - FHFC
    Group B - Colking
    Group C - Busts
    Group D - FHFC
    Group E - Scorpion Sting
    Group F - spock
    Group G - Gaillimh1976
    Group H - AdpRo

Updated Group scorekeepers above. I'll do Group A as well, its only a 2 minute job.

PMs sent to all the above with a link to edit sheet. I forgot to add in the instructions (for any not that familiar with spreadsheets) that after you paste>values into the league table then you need to click the little arrows at the top of the columns to sort. First sort the "+/-" column (Sort Z->A) and then sort the Points column (Sort Z->A) and you should have an correct league table.

For the rest of ye, the tables can be viewed at the link below, and any updates will be live as soon as entered by the scorekeepers. Any errors spotted let us know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PIwmQa5zjYrL49SQAyA-LddRTEghLMCfxuCT4IeRM68/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

I can do group D no probs if you prefer.

I'll do F if spock doesnt have the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ FHFC: I can do D if you want ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    I'll do Group D obviously.
    mno101 wrote: »
    I can do group D no probs if you prefer.
    iroced wrote: »
    @ FHFC: I can do D if you want ;).

Shur I might as well throw my hat in the ring as well (do we need to run another competition to see who gets to be scorekeeper?:p.

Shur I might as well throw my hat in the ring as well (do we need to run another competition to see who gets to be scorekeeper?:p.

Never mind that, I need Cameron to play and Shaq to get some kind of return or you beat me and I'll have to delete you from the competition on a technicality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like I had a bye thank Christ !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    Never mind that, I need Cameron to play and Shaq to get some kind of return or you beat me and I'll have to delete you from the competition on a technicality. :)

I think Cameron could very well be the one who decides it. If Shaq blanks and Stoke concede then it could all rest on whether he features or not.

I think Cameron could very well be the one who decides it. If Shaq blanks and Stoke concede then it could all rest on whether he features or not.

Don't forget my -4. Think the lead is 5pts or so to you. Assuming Pieters=Cameron I need attacking returns from Shaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Jeez... You just made me realise the existence of mno post :rolleyes:...

That plus my brain fart Stoke double transfer, I must have been under drugs last GW. I see no other rational explanation...

OK its been a loooong weekend so maybe I'm doing something daft, but can't get the spreadsheet to update

Group G Scores were

Gaillimh1976 89 Dearg 87 (unlucky)
    Kankan 66 Swiper 75

Think that puts Swiper top on Goal Difference

GROUP D - FIXTURES
    Gameweek 10
    FHFC 71-75 greedygoblin
    mno101 80-71 iroced

GROUP D - TABLE
    Team Pld W L D F A +/- Pts
    mno101 1 1 0 0 80 71 9 3
    greedygoblin 1 1 0 0 75 71 4 3
    tom_k 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    FHFC 1 0 1 0 71 75 -4 0
    iroced 1 0 1 0 71 80 -9 0

OK its been a loooong weekend so maybe I'm doing something daft, but can't get the spreadsheet to update

Group G Scores were

Kankan 66 Swiper 75

GROUP G - TABLE
    Team Pld W L D F A +/- Pts
    Swiper the fox 1 1 0 0 75 66 9 3
    Gaillimh1976 1 1 0 0 89 87 2 3
    km79 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    dearg81 1 0 1 0 87 89 -2 0
    Kankan14 1 0 1 0 66 75 -9 0

• Advertisement

Group G Scores were

Kankan 66 Swiper 75

Anyone having bother with editing the sheet, send a request for access via the sheet and see if that works.

The think with the links taking you to your own page seems to happen the first tie you click a link. If you go back and click it again it seems to work from there on.

Advertisement