Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend any nice "session beers" ...as in 4% or under maybe

• 16-10-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Tried Brewdog Dead Pony Club recently. Only 3.8% and quite nice. Just keen to find some decent low ABV beers for less of a hangover

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Trouble's Graffiti is superb when fresh, and only 3.6% ABV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I love Whiplash Rollover. At 3.8% it is really refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Little Fawn from White Hag is very nice but it's 4.2% instead of under 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I had a pint of White Gypsy's session ale, on tap in the Bierhaus in Galway last weekend, and was hugely impressed. One of the best session beers I've come across. I can't remember the exact ABV, but it was three-point-something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Founders all day ipa is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Founders all day ipa is lovely.

yeah I like it. 4.7% isn't very high and I'll still drink it , but just looking to sample a few very low % ones to see if there's any I'd like.

Cheers for all the suggestions from everyone so far. Will defo try some soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

yeah I like it. 4.7% isn't very high and I'll still drink it , but just looking to sample a few very low % ones to see if there's any I'd like.

Cheers for all the suggestions from everyone so far. Will defo try some soon

I must be thinking of another beer. I thought it was under 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The benefits of a flat american alcohol duty system. They can brew beer of any strength and pay the same duty. So you can see how 4.7% can be considered "low gravity" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

BeerNut wrote: »
    Trouble's Graffiti is superb when fresh, and only 3.6% ABV.

+1 on Graffiti.

It's fresh in O'Brien's at moment. 4 500ml bottles for €10

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Another +1 for Trouble Graffiti. Via Maris from Galway Bay is quite nice too.

Having a pint of water on the go whilst you're supping pints is a great way of fending off the hangover too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What percentage is the All Night Long that Rascals(?) did for Molloys? Liked that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

4.2%. I'd say it was a one-off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I really like Yellowbelly's Fierce Mild. GBB's Maris is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

The selection changes a lot but To Ol should have a gose or a berliner weisse that fits the bill, and most of them are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Aldi's session pale ale is nice and only €1.89 per 500ml. It's 4.1%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I second graffiti, it can be in Lidl for 1.99 at times. Aldi session ale is really nice but it seems to be getting low in stock

Thanks for all those suggestions so far. The Little Fawn White Hag one was nice and thought Grafitti was decent too but slight bit fruity for my liking. Will try some others soon. Cheers

+1 for Via Maris
    only 3.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭donaghs

O'Hara's Session IPA is lovely, only 4%, but still tastes (to me anyway) like a decent IPA.
    Brakespear Bitter is a nice English Ale that's amazingly only 3.4%.

But if craft beer and obscure English ales arehard to find, your could just settle for Smithwicks which is everywhere, and only 3.8%

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyhorse

Another +1 for White Hag's Little Fawn. Great beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Trouble Brewing Sharpshooter, 3.7%. Really tasty

Advertisement