Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighters lives outside the cage, does it matter?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Werdum showing his true colours again backing up Ahkmet MMA and Kadyrov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

kind've ignored guys being involved with this guy when it was just smiling in a pic and taking a cheque but the guys involved with defending this have all taken a big step down in my estimation. Mad respect to fedor speaking out with the obvious danger of fucking with this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Depp wrote: »
    kind've ignored guys being involved with this guy when it was just smiling in a pic and taking a cheque but the guys involved with defending this have all taken a big step down in my estimation. Mad respect to fedor speaking out with the obvious danger of fucking with this guy

Kadyrov has an army of loons behind him as well who'd gladly disappear Fedor in a heartbeat. Takes some courage to speak up against him. It obviously helps that Fedor is a friend of Putin but even still, some stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Reports that Fedor's daughter has been hospitalized in Moscow after being attacked by Kadyrov supporter's. She's 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Lukker- wrote: »
    Reports that Fedor's daughter has been hospitalized in Moscow after being attacked by Kadyrov supporter's. She's 9.

Disgusting. Punched in the chest by a grown man on her way home from school.

This is going to get out of control real fast. Kadyrov supporters are lunatics. Fedor is going to end up dead if Putin doesn't sort this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I personally dont care but i like reading different peoples opinions on the matter; Werdum at it again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP5fKOkgOq1/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maybe it was Werdum who beat up Emelianenko's daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Fighters are humans like anyone else, some are good people others are dick head.

Some will have dodgy opinions (which is subjective) doesn't mean you can't enjoy them as fighters

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Old thread I started years ago (where does the time go?) that might be relevant again. In the UFC at the moment we have a fighter who's publicly best buds with one of the vilest people on the planet and there's barely a peep about it. I know it's a different situation to other sports where teams directly represent Russia but it's still pretty sickening to read about

"Mansur Sadulaev is the founder of the Swedish-based Chechen human rights organisation, Vayfond. Sadulaev said the fighters who are close with Kadyrov are well aware of his totalitarian regime and they give the leader a voice to share his propaganda.

“These [fighters] are well aware of the horrors this Putin mafia is doing in Chechnya,” Sadulaev told Bloody Elbow. “They know about kidnappings, torture, rape of women and murders. However, they prefer to get their expensive Mercedes and praise these maniacs, thereby helping [Kadyrov's government] cover up all their criminal activities. They became the mouthpiece of Kadyrov’s propaganda.”

“[Kadyrov’s] task is to attract the growing youth on his side, as well as to show the whole world that all Chechens are satisfied with him as a leader. Propaganda plays a huge role in transforming democracy into dictatorship and also greatly contributes to strengthening the power of the dictator."

Chimaev has posed for several pictures with Kadyrov in the past, but has refrained from mentioning the Chechen leader's name in any recent social media posts since Russia invaded Ukraine in February."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/khamzat-chimaev-vladimir-putin-ufc-26669195

• Advertisement
Advertisement