Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Were you born in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NeatFreak_

I was born in St. Patrick's M&B Home, Navan Road. I was brought to Temple Hill, Blackrock when I was 6 days old, and I was adopted at 6 weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NeatFreak_

I was born there in '65 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annmarie1981

Hi viewpoint

I was born in 1981, spent time in Temple Hill till my adoption through St Patricks Guild in 1982. I wonder if you have any information on me?

Many thanks

Ann Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 17 viewpoint

Hope you will find out some new information on Boards, I am happy to try and help in any way if you wish please send private message.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I don't think new members can send a PM till they have 50 posts.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 quietman25

marttom wrote: »
    Hi I trained as a nursery nurse at Temple hill from sept 1982_mar 1984 , sorry to hear about your sister .I have 8 tags and some photos of my time there its 30 years ago and I would love to give them to the right people ,just looking at them now and imagining how special it would be for those people to have them returned.All I can say isit was a training hospital but we could not love or care for those babies more the staff would give the same children to a nurse so they would become familiar to them .if anyone wants to contact me please do

Hi, my husband is looking for information regarding his time there. He was in temple hill in June 1983 until he was adopted in September 1983, do you the photos etc might be relevant to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luci2315

hi marttom, I was in templehill from may 83 to October 83 is there any chance you could send me some pics it would be so good to see where I came from there is nothing on the internet to settle your curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marttom

Hi I have a few photos mostly of myself holding children which I don't think would be appropriate to post as the children's faces can be seen. Do you know your birth name as I have some name tags I would love to give back or maybe I might remember your name. It's a long time ago but it's amazing the things you remember, all of the children in our care were loved so much.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you work there as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 marttom

I trained as a Nusety Nurse from sept 1982 to April 1984 in Temple hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

"As of Wednesday, 25 May 2016 the adoption records of St. Patrick’s Guild Adoption Society have been transferred to Tusla – Child and Family Agency. The records transferred include details of adoption and fostering arrangements of children from 1910 onwards.

Tusla received in excess of 13,000 records from St. Patrick’s Guild. Currently, a dedicated team are reviewing and cataloguing the files so that Tusla will be able to provide an information and tracing service for anyone whose information was held by St. Patrick’s Guild.

Tusla will be contacting everyone who has submitted an information and tracing request in respect of the adoption records of St. Patrick’s Guild with a response to their request in the coming months and Tusla are conscious that people are anxious to have access to this information and tracing service. "

http://www.tusla.ie/services/alternative-care/adoption-services/tracing-service/where-are-records-held

• Registered Users Posts: 2 So Shoot Me

I am in the process of documenting the house itself as it is about to become high end luxury apartments for the most wealthy of society , I believe it is important that the history of this hospital be preserved , every day the bulldozers are removing the wards kitchens etc , I want to show and demonstrate the former use of this place which has seen more children adopted from it than any other care home in Ireland - if anybody could help with my research I would be most grateful .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thefixitman

Hi So Shoot Me

I have been doing some investigating into Temple Hill also over the last few months, and I was lucky enough to make contact with the architect and gain access to the building. I managed to get photos of the hospital extension/old house and nurses station before they were demolished. I managed to get a A4 sized brochure which i found in the house relating to the period in the 1990's when it was used for American Students as a training college.

I am adopted and was in Temple Hill for 2 years and 8 months and I am also in contact with Marttom and Viewpoint who are mentioned in this thread and have memorabilia connected with the building. Perhaps with their permission they would be willing to share their content. Please PM me your details and we can chat more about the building and its history etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 So Shoot Me

PM Sent and thank you for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bridg

I also worked in Temple Hill about 37 odd years ago have few baby photos in an old album I worked a lot with the toddlers and loved every one of them as if they were my own I can remember some of the children's names and some of the girls I worked with remember the nuns and the staff nurses too would love to know how the children are now all grown up with families of their own I would love to hear from all of you again love and thought to all

I would love to hear from worked there too probably worked with your beautiful sister rip so sorry to hear that please get in contact one of the babies have got in contact with some of the staff nurses .

keilys. chances are your husband was adopted through st patricks guild .which is located in dublin. i hope this helps

Barbara are you from dundalk

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

were you there in 1982?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 burmur

amandajaq wrote: »
    Hi,

My husband was in temple hill from may 1981 until around October 1981. His given name was Anthony Gerard, which was changed to john. He had bright ginger hair as a baby. If you have anything that would relate, that would be a wonderful thing for him to see. Thank you so much. This is a wonderful thing to do. Condolences to you and your family. Xxx

Yes I would really like to know more. I'm very interested ~Geraldine

• Advertisement

burmur wrote: »
    Yes I would really like to know more. I'm very interested ~Geraldine

Sorry I think we would have a lot in common as that year I had my first born a beautiful boy & at that time I called him Anthony Gerard. You can contact me anytime please please x

viewpoint wrote: »
    amandajaq wrote: »
    Hi,

My husband was in temple hill from may 1981 until around October 1981. His given name was Anthony Gerard, which was changed to john. He had bright ginger hair as a baby. If you have anything that would relate, that would be a wonderful thing for him to see. Thank you so much. This is a wonderful thing to do. Condolences to you and your family.

Hi - apologies for delay in replying, my sister was working there in May, 1981. I have looked over records but have not noticed that name, however there are photos and names are not very clear, he might be interested in seeing what the St Patrick's looked like at that time.
    Regards Claire[/quote

Could you reply to me amandajaq please. Not sure if you got my messages
    Thank you Geraldine

I have been trying to locate my first son born 1981. For the first few months I visited him at St Patrick's Guild Blackrock. My other children know of his birth & thsy would like to meet as they share same Dad. I have never ever forgotten & it would be my best wish ever. A few years I though I was close, but no correspondence, so gather they gave up. If it's you or you think it's him, please share here.

Hi I have a few photos mostly of myself holding children which I don't think would be appropriate to post as the children's faces can be seen. Do you know your birth name as I have some name tags I would love to give back or maybe I might remember your name. It's a long time ago but it's amazing the things you remember, all of the children in our care were loved so much.

Hi Marttom
    Please- name tag "Burke"
    I have been on & off here for years. Please if you have tag
    ~G

I have been trying to locate my first son born 1981. For the first few months I visited him at St Patrick's Guild Blackrock. My other children know of his birth & thsy would like to meet as they share same Dad. I have never ever forgotten & it would be my best wish ever. A few years I though I was close, but no correspondence, so gather they gave up. If it's you or you think it's him, please share here.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Have you tried to search yourself, a visit to GRO in werburge st. Look at the Adoption Rights Alliance website and download traceing guides.
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rio05

Hi I was in Temple hill from may 77 to sept 77, would love if you had any pictures name bands etc or any info on what it was like back then. I was born on the 27th may 1977, born Emma Jane lucey. Thanks in advance for anyone's help or info

i I was in Temple hill from may 77 to sept 77, would love if you had any pictures name bands etc or any info on what it was like back then. I was born on the 27th may 1977, born Emma Jane lucey. Thanks in advance for anyone's help or info

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Claire,
    I was in St. Patrick's a few years before those photos were taken (b. '76) but I'd still be delighted to know what it looked like inside if it would be possible to share the pictures with me too.

Hi Claire I'd love to see some pics too, even just to get an idea what it was like.
    i I was in Temple hill from may 77 to sept 77, would love if you had any pictures name bands etc or any info on what it was like back then. I was born on the 27th may 1977, born Emma Jane lucey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Liverdub 80

hi,i was born march 1980 & spent about 8 or 9 months between st patricks infant hospital & st patricks guild. . . . i know very little . . . . if nothing at all about my first 9 months,so any little snippet of anything that u may have that might relate to me would be hugely appreciated! thank you

Advertisement