Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DJI Drones 10%-20% Discount

• 04-10-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Just for those looking to buy a drone from DJI directly.

They have a student discount system which allows 10% discount on the Ronin-M and the Phantom 3 Series and Accessories, Phantom 4 Series and Accessories, the Inspire 1 Pro, the Osmo, and the Zenmuse X5 Series

And a 20% discount on any products on the DJI Online Store, excluding newly released products, Ronin-M, the Developer Tools, Phantom 3 Series and Accessories, Phantom 4 Series and Accessories, the Inspire 1 Pro, the Osmo, and the Zenmuse X5 Series, etc.)

They send out unique codes to your email address that you can use to avail of above.

These codes are valid on bundles too.

http://store.dji.com/get-discount/edu?site=brandsite

Please note: Most Irish colleges would not be be recognized but if you email them with the details of your college using the your student email address, they normally add it to their database the same day.

I used a 6 year old student account that belongs to my brother and got the Phantom 4 delivered to me today.Or if you dont have one ask around , sure most people out there would know a college student.

You have to buy the drone using the same email address that the codes were sent to but can get is delivered where ever you like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

dan786 wrote: »
    Just for those looking to buy a drone from DJI directly.

They have a student discount system which allows 10% discount on the Ronin-M and the Phantom 3 Series and Accessories, Phantom 4 Series and Accessories, the Inspire 1 Pro, the Osmo, and the Zenmuse X5 Series

And a 20% discount on any products on the DJI Online Store, excluding newly released products, Ronin-M, the Developer Tools, Phantom 3 Series and Accessories, Phantom 4 Series and Accessories, the Inspire 1 Pro, the Osmo, and the Zenmuse X5 Series, etc.)

They send out unique codes to your email address that you can use to avail of above.

These codes are valid on bundles too.

http://store.dji.com/get-discount/edu?site=brandsite

Please note: Most Irish colleges would not be be recognized but if you email them with the details of your college using the your student email address, they normally add it to their database the same day.

I used a 6 year old student account that belongs to my brother and got the Phantom 4 delivered to me today.Or if you dont have one ask around , sure most people out there would know a college student.

You have to buy the drone using the same email address that the codes were sent to but can get is delivered where ever you like.

What made you go for a P4 over a Mavic??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JohnRock

The mavic looks amazing, surprised how small it is. The video quality is great, not as good as the p4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    What made you go for a P4 over a Mavic??

Mavic is a more of a portable drone while its good but the Phantom 4 is still their top drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Mavic is a more of a portable drone while its good but the Phantom 4 is still their top drone.

Just about but the Mavic is far far more portable and has nearly all the same features as the P4.

Any idea if the discount extends to the Mavic?

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Just about but the Mavic is far far more portable and has nearly all the same features as the P4.

Any idea if the discount extends to the Mavic?

It normally extends to newest model the April after its release.

The phantom has a better video quality and a wider lense to capture more and is still rated higher than Mavic in all aspects other than portability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

JohnRock wrote: »
    The video quality is great, not as good as the p4

Just a heads up on the Mavic video quality. The focus on the Mavic lens is variable. Most early reviews didn't realise this and resulted in soft footage which was compared against other drones. YouTube don't offer a "replace video" option so most of those reviewers left their inaccurate videos online as they were getting big viewer traffic ($$$).

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

It normally extends to newest model the April after its release.

The phantom has a better video quality and a wider lense to capture more and is still rated higher than Mavic in all aspects other than portability.

Under Irish aviation law, drones over 1KG must be registered: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

The phantom 4 is 1.38kg and the mavic is 0.74kg so the mavic is legal to fly without registering it.

So the mavic offers peace of mind. If you have a Phantom 4 and piss people off somehow flying it, you could be prosecuted for not registering it and face a fine of up to €5,000 and/or six months in prison... I'm pretty sure that has never happened but it's a possibility none the less.

Under Irish aviation law, drones over 1KG must be registered: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

The phantom 4 is 1.38kg and the mavic is 0.74kg so the mavic is legal to fly without registering it.

So the mavic offers peace of mind. If you have a Phantom 4 and piss people off somehow flying it, you could be prosecuted for not registering it and face a fine of up to €5,000 and/or six months in prison... I'm pretty sure that has never happened but it's a possibility none the less.

The whole registration is a load of BS. I registered my Phantom 4, and it took under a mins for the whole process and I didnt even have to enter any details about the drone expect its name so dont let that stop you from buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I thought the Inspire was their top drone?

Advertisement