Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite type of Christmas tree

• 04-10-2016 3:05pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

21ltu8p.jpg

Well boardies which one is your favourite?

I'm number 5 now myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

5 is great, 4 isn't too bad either. I like a full looking tree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

No 4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

5 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Loughc wrote: »
    21ltu8p.jpg

Well boardies which one is your favourite?

I'm number 5 now myself

Number 4 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

3 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I think I'd need a good feel first! 3 - 6 all have potential but it depends on how sturdy the branches are.

Leaning towards 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've had a recount.

I like them all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd be a combination of 4 and 6. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

5, my OH says 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Number 2 for me. Do you know what species each are? And most importantly, if they shed easily?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CareBear15

4 or 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

I'm so stuck in Christmas that i feel obliged to say any tree in any shape or form once it's in the corner dazzling me.. no 4/5 does it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

1 for me because its the most uniform for decorations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

No 2 is the more authentic looking one,I like the Victorian looking tree's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

No 2 is the more authentic looking one,I like the Victorian looking tree's

I disagree. Original Christmas trees were imported from Norway and Sweden so number 3 would be where it all started. We've just become accustomed to the home grown type of tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

4 & 5 look right to me, but 3 looks like what I imagine a 'perfect' American Christmas Tree to be, and I don't think I've ever seen them for sale around where I live?

I agree knowing what type of tree each one is would be nice.... and where they're usually available if anyone knows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Number 5.

I love a big fluffy looking tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

No. 6 for me. Easiest one to decorate and great spacing for large baubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

No 4 for me. Love up tilting branches.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

If number 1 and number 5 were to, I dunno, let's just say fall in love some winter get married and reproduce their lovely tree offspring would be my ideal tree :pac: however should those two soul mates never meet ... I'd have to chose number 5. :p I'm not a huge fan of real trees. I'm too ocd for all the gaps with my ornament hanging !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

4 and 6 for me. I might not get to put up a tree this year! Depending on a job we may be moving country in December...I can't plan a thing for Christmas and it's driving me mad!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

4 and 6 for me. I might not get to put up a tree this year! Depending on a job we may be moving country in December...I can't plan a thing for Christmas and it's driving me mad!

:O

That's awful. When will you know for sure if you're moving?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Loughc wrote: »
    :O

That's awful. When will you know for sure if you're moving?

Not till early December. I'm trying to mentally prepare for the move...but it might not even happen! The only solid Christmas thing in my diary for this year is watching the Toy Show. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

1, 5 and 6 for me. :)

Advertisement