Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017 Season Ticket

• 30-09-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

brace yourself, renewals bill coming up monday week
    GAA Season Ticket
    Be There. All The Way.

Online sales and renewals of the GAA Season Ticket for 2017 will commence on MONDAY OCTOBER 10th 2016*.

Enjoy another year of great value with the GAA Season Ticket.

Prices are as follows:

Adult - €99

Juvenile (U16) - €20

Adult Club+ - €200

*Season Tickets for Mayo Football and Dublin Football will be renewal only.

GAA SEASON TICKET:

Loyalty rewarded - qualify for All-Ireland Final tickets. Click here for more information.
    Great value - great price plus more discounts throughout the Championship.
    Convenience - you have your ticket for your team.
    Exclusive Extras - ‘bring a friend’ options, special purchase options for other matches

Adult Club+ Version - includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify. (selected code only. Please note that there will not be a Club+ Upgrade option for 2016. If you wish to purchase a Club+ GAA Season Ticket this must be done at the time of purchase.)

You will also enjoy discount prices during the Championship - Pay & Play kicks in after your opening Championship fixture.

Please note that as per Point No. 53 in the GAA Season Ticket Terms & Conditions, the significantly increased ticket demand for the All Ireland Finals means that the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park.

For any queries in relation to the GAA Season Ticket please contact seasonticket@gaa.ie

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Oldtree wrote: »
    brace yourself, renewals bill coming up monday week

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/
    Good man thanks for that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dewie

Just wondering....

Will there be any Dublin season tickets up at any stage for sale or is it only renewals? Someone told me that the tickets that are not renewed will be made available for other counties.... ?!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Dewie wrote: »
    Just wondering....

Will there be any Dublin season tickets up at any stage for sale or is it only renewals? Someone told me that the tickets that are not renewed will be made available for other counties.... ?!

Cheers.

Only renewals this past few years.

Even Santa couldn't get one for Menoetius junior last year :(

There's a waiting list for them at the moment, so that's who gets the ones not renewed.

Other counties don't come into it. It's handled county by county. The only ones at "capacity" are Dublin and Mayo in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dewie

Menoetius wrote: »
    Only renewals this past few years.

Even Santa couldn't get one for Menoetius junior last year :(

There's a waiting list for them at the moment, so that's who gets the ones not renewed.

Other counties don't come into it. It's handled county by county. The only ones at "capacity" are Dublin and Mayo in football.

Thanks for the info.
    I have mailed them to ask how long the waiting list is.... Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If I'm not mistaken that's a €15 price increase over last year with no increase in value? Pass the lube there lads...

I'm a year late to the party, looked back and it was the same for 2016. I guess I had more money back then :D Back in 2015 it was €85 on an early-bird offer until October 31st but it has been done away with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

My son has juvenile with me
    He turns 16 in December
    He will now be moved onto adult pricing I assume ?
    Other son is much younger .......maybe I could get them to switch it to him :D

Dewie wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.
    I have mailed them to ask how long the waiting list is.... Any idea?

No idea to be honest, but I did mail them too to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

km79 wrote: »
    My son has juvenile with me
    He turns 16 in December
    He will now be moved onto adult pricing I assume ?
    Other son is much younger .......maybe I could get them to switch it to him :D
    Even though my son turned 16 in July of last year the renewal at the end of the year was still the juvenile rate. We were surprised but didn't complain, his friend was the same so it's probably when they turn 17 you pay the adult rate. Haven't got the email yet but am expecting to pay adult rate this year

poppy37 wrote: »
    Even though my son turned 16 in July of last year the renewal at the end of the year was still the juvenile rate. We were surprised but didn't complain, his friend was the same so it's probably when they turn 17 you pay the adult rate. Haven't got the email yet but am expecting to pay adult rate this year

I wonder if they even monitor that to be honest
    Not exactly the most professional operation !

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Renewals can be done now,a week early,by going into your season ticket account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

are they worth it ???

Im thinking of buying a Waterford Hurling ST. I attend all championship games every year and a large amount of league games (prob wont make the 2017 NHL away to Clare as its a bit too far to travel)

5x League games at 10 euros each (50 euro)
    Championship game (30 Approx)
    Id be losing about 20 euro with the ST comparing too buying tickets one by one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

You get a fiver off each subsequent game in the championship so it can work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

*Season Tickets for Mayo Football and Dublin Football will be renewal only.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I understand its the way it works in EPL or NFL(usa) but is it actually the fairest way, especially with the amateur/community ethos of the GAA?

What it is in effect saying is that 28 year old Jimmy has a ticket guaranteed for life because he happened to be a waged adult when the system started.
    But 20 year old Paddy who wasn't even aware of the concept when it was introduced will never have a season ticket as long as everyone above him renews.

Would a redraw each year for oversubscribed counties be fairer/better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I certainly don't think it's a good idea, but I would say that as I already have one.
    Maybe not allow renewals for people not attending 70% of games or have your photo on the ticket so people can't just pass it off to a friend to keep their attendance up(something I've done myself a few times).

Would be totally unfair to supporters who have had season tickets,go to matches home and away and lose out to someone who wants to join 'the bandwagon'. There is the more expensive club+ season ticket option which although 200 and no discount for juveniles which goes on general sale and doesn't need an attendance record of 60% to guarantee an AI final ticket.

ureds wrote: »
    Would be totally unfair to supporters who have had season tickets,go to matches home and away and lose out to someone who wants to join 'the bandwagon'.

100% agree

The option to renew is not there for me ?

Look on the right side of the main page it says renewal.You may need to refresh the page.

ureds wrote: »
    Look on the right side of the main page it says renewal.You may need to refresh the page.

It's there now alright but only letting me renew one even though it says 2 up for renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Anyone else not receive an email about renewal??

• Advertisement

glack wrote: »
    Anyone else not receive an email about renewal??
    No emails have been sent just log on to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

km79 wrote: »
    It's there now alright but only letting me renew one even though it says 2 up for renewal

I'm in a similar situation - 2 adult STs which it seems happy to renew and 1 juvenile which I can't renew even on its own. My fella is also over 16 but not yet 17.
    I emailed them in the season ticket office and they said to check back after October 10th when the renewals actually commence.

Avns1s wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation - 2 adult STs which it seems happy to renew and 1 juvenile which I can't renew even on its own. My fella is also over 16 but not yet 17.
    I emailed them in the season ticket office and they said to check back after October 10th when the renewals actually commence.

So when you renewed last year your lad was 15 or 16 ?
    My lad is not 16 till September
    Let me know what happens and I'll do the same thanks

I want to buy a ST for myself and another one for my dad for xmas. How will it work ??

Can both accounts use my email address
    Can we be seated next to each other for the championship games

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I want to buy a ST for myself and another one for my dad for xmas. How will it work ??

Can both accounts use my email address
    Can we be seated next to each other for the championship games

What county? Mayo and Dublin season tickets are sold out but you can put your name down on a waiting list.

More info here about the season ticket & Cairde (Mayo)

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-season-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

are they worth it ???

Im thinking of buying a Waterford Hurling ST. I attend all championship games every year and a large amount of league games (prob wont make the 2017 NHL away to Clare as its a bit too far to travel)

5x League games at 10 euros each (50 euro)
    Championship game (30 Approx)
    Id be losing about 20 euro with the ST comparing too buying tickets one by one

Yup, there's no real value to the season ticket, only plus is that it guarantees a ticket for the all Ireland Final which are easy to come by unless you're supporting Dublin.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What are peoples thoughts on this? I understand its the way it works in EPL or NFL(usa) but is it actually the fairest way, especially with the amateur/community ethos of the GAA?

What it is in effect saying is that 28 year old Jimmy has a ticket guaranteed for life because he happened to be a waged adult when the system started.
    But 20 year old Paddy who wasn't even aware of the concept when it was introduced will never have a season ticket as long as everyone above him renews.

Would you take a jump.

25yo Jimmy here was aware of the concept and was waged in 2009 and €1500 or so euro ago. And now he's a 32yo unwaged student.

I'd never attend another match if they pulled a stunt like that.

If ya really want an ST email the office to put yourself on the waiting list.

---

For all those with juvenile issues basically I'd they haven't turned 16 by December 31 2016 you'll be getting a juvenile ticket for them in 2017. I'm in a similar boat with the younger brother who turns 16 in Feb so I get another year of fiver tickets out of him.

What county? Mayo and Dublin season tickets are sold out but you can put your name down on a waiting list.

More info here about the season ticket & Cairde (Mayo)

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-season-tickets/

Waterford Hurling

When I'm going to buy a ticket (2nd championship match) using my account can I edit credit card details or will every purchase go through the card I used too buy the season tickets ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Waterford Hurling

When I'm going to buy a ticket (2nd championship match) using my account can I edit credit card details or will every purchase go through the card I used too buy the season tickets ??

Yes.

• Advertisement

Yes.

I'm going to buy 2 ST (one for me and one for my dad) with my Credit card. So if my dad just wanted to buy a ticket for a championship match the purchase will go through my Credit card ??

Sorry for all the questions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement