Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top Scores & Personal Records?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Motherf*cker!!! So damn close to a 700 series in training.

Bowling_PB_update.jpg

697 :(

Oh, and a personal best by 1 pin from the missus :D

Nicely done Mrs Manager!

I forgot to say, I ended up getting a Radical - Rack Attack Pearl!

http://i.imgur.com/9hxZ4Q8.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Flibbles wrote: »
    Nicely done Mrs Manager!

I forgot to say, I ended up getting a Radical - Rack Attack Pearl!

http://i.imgur.com/9hxZ4Q8.jpg

Nice! So what's the full arsenal now?

Nice! So what's the full arsenal now?

That's the whole lot in that photo!

Rack Attack Pearl 15lb
    Pitch Black 14lb
    DV8 Spare 15lb.

If I make a few quid in our Monday league, I'm gonna get my first ball fixed up too. DV8 Misfit Red/Orange, 13lb, drilled conventional. I need a solid for the fresh that's more than the pitch black.

297.jpg

297.jpg

**** your pants on the last ball? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wd mate

(ps. I hope you got that handicap debacle sorted)

**** your pants on the last ball? :pac:

Honestly, I was cool as a cucumber. Didn't phase me at all for some odd reason.

Threw that looked and felt like the perfect shot. Really thought it was going to happen but it just stayed out and didn't turn in time. Ball speed was the same as all the other shots :(

wd mate

(ps. I hope you got that handicap debacle sorted)

Thanks man!

Yes and no to the handicap mess up. They're trialling a change this season but only in one of the leagues (understandable I guess)

Bring my avg. up to 180, funnily enough in my Wednesday league this will mean my handicap is zero. Current average is 140-165.
    Come in top 4 of Monday League (currently in 3rd, with months left yet).
    Bowl a 600 series (almost done already, what a pain)
    Bowl a 700 series (this one is pushing it a bit, but I've got a year!)

So far, 1 and 2 are looking likely. I'm in 4th position with only 2 weeks left, and my average is 158 (but the past 6 weeks it's been 175).

So far, 1 and 2 are looking likely. I'm in 4th position with only 2 weeks left, and my average is 158 (but the past 6 weeks it's been 175).

That's pretty good going man.

Still to get a 700 series myself - even after getting a 297 :o:(

• Advertisement

I hate this sport sometimes, lost a game by 2 pins because my tape on my thumb shifted a bit and I guttered a ball. :mad:

Suppose I better update my plans for next year!

Bring my avg. up to 180, funnily enough in my Wednesday league this will mean my handicap is zero. Current average is 140-165.
    Come in top 4 of Monday League (currently in 3rd, with months left yet).
    Bowl a 600 series (almost done already, what a pain)
    Bowl a 700 series (this one is pushing it a bit, but I've got a year!)

Haven't done any. S***.

Over the past 6 months I developed a tugging problem (STOP SNIGGERING) which I've only started to break now. Hopefully a 600 will happen tonight! I also came 5th in the Monday league, but it was close!

Haven't done any. S***.

Over the past 6 months I developed a tugging problem (STOP SNIGGERING) which I've only started to break now. Hopefully a 600 will happen tonight! I also came 5th in the Monday league, but it was close!

Any joy with the 600 last night??

I took the summer off training as it's far too hot to play in the summer. Back to the grind now though as it's starting to get cooler again. Scores are making their way back up to where they should be.

Think I went about 20 games without having a 200+ game. My book average for the year was 187 :eek::eek:

How could I NOT bowl 13 pins above my average once!?

Anyway, got back to some good games there. Still a way off getting a 700. No update on that. 697 is still the best.

And no 300's :(

I think I'm destined to have a 297 as my highest scratch game ever.

Any joy with the 600 last night??

I took the summer off training as it's far too hot to play in the summer. Back to the grind now though as it's starting to get cooler again. Scores are making their way back up to where they should be.

Think I went about 20 games without having a 200+ game. My book average for the year was 187 :eek::eek:

How could I NOT bowl 13 pins above my average once!?

Anyway, got back to some good games there. Still a way off getting a 700. No update on that. 697 is still the best.

And no 300's :(

I think I'm destined to have a 297 as my highest scratch game ever.

Sadly not, lane machine threw a tizzy that night, our short pattern that we use was put down with waaay less volume. Only the last 3 shots of the night did I think to use plastic up 2nd arrow, and struck out. Up till then I was fighting with my Rack Attack Pearl (really low reactive ball) to keep it on the lane, or the right of the head pin. Hopefully tonight when I'm practicing, better things happen.

Does your center not have air con?

Sadly not, lane machine threw a tizzy that night, our short pattern that we use was put down with waaay less volume. Only the last 3 shots of the night did I think to use plastic up 2nd arrow, and struck out. Up till then I was fighting with my Rack Attack Pearl (really low reactive ball) to keep it on the lane, or the right of the head pin. Hopefully tonight when I'm practicing, better things happen.

Does your center not have air con?

Reading the lanes is so crucial and, in theory, so easy. I think people (myself especially) get stubborn with the ball and line. This leads to not even thinking of changing to a radical new approach - like going with plastic and playing board 5.

The alley has A/C yeah but it's so useless and you barely even notice it's on.

Booked flights home for Christmas the other day and plan to take some bowling equipment back with me. 10 days over there so should manage a few games.

Reading the lanes is so crucial and, in theory, so easy. I think people (myself especially) get stubborn with the ball and line. This leads to not even thinking of changing to a radical new approach - like going with plastic and playing board 5.

The alley has A/C yeah but it's so useless and you barely even notice it's on.

Booked flights home for Christmas the other day and plan to take some bowling equipment back with me. 10 days over there so should manage a few games.

Stillorgan area? Time it right and you could do the Irish open ;)

Stillorgan area? Time it right and you could do the Irish open ;)

Not a mad fan of the plex in Stillorgan. Did play a Tuesday drop in the last time I was over and won it with a 618 :D

Personally, prefer Coolock (Northside 4 lyf)

Gonna be home from the 19th - 29th. When is the Open on? Wouldn't mind watching if I can

Not a mad fan of the plex in Stillorgan. Did play a Tuesday drop in the last time I was over and won it with a 618 :D

Personally, prefer Coolock (Northside 4 lyf)

Gonna be home from the 19th - 29th. When is the Open on? Wouldn't mind watching if I can

Sadly it's not on till January, ah well!

http://www.tenpinbowling.ie/irishopen.html

Advertisement