Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advent calendars 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I like the look of the L'Occataine one... but for me an advent calendar must contain chocolate!

I think I'm going to try and get a nice doggie advent calendar for my dog this year too. :)
    They had ones in the Two Euro shop last year but I just couldn't give my dog the coloured rawhide crap that it contained!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, I like the chocolate ones too. I like the idea of getting a little gift every day from one of the other ones but in the end I think I'd be sad that I couldn't eat it. :D

Your dog will be so excited by getting new stuff everyday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is a fantastic thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

They have advent calendars for dogs in dealz. Good few Christmas pet bits actually. Christmas food bowls, stockings with treats. Good selection in fairness

Oooh I'll check out Dealz tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just splashed out on this bad boy, so it should be one of the last we buy as we fill it ourselves

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/products/fortnum-mason-wooden-advent-calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Got my husband the Lego Star Wars one last year. He requested it again this year so I am also having the Lego city one.

Need to find a choccy one for my daughter age 2. She loves opening ours but still wants her chocolate.

I am planning on adding the Lego bits from the calander to my Christmas Lego village.....which I decided to start this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Where is the best deal for the Lego Christmas toy advent calendar? I've seen 30euro in Boots.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gangu wrote: »
    Where is the best deal for the Lego Christmas toy advent calendar? I've seen 30euro in Boots.

Hey Gangu, I've merged your thread into our Advent Calendars 2016 thread, hopefully you'll get some help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Got the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar in Boots today, €14.50, still showing €29.00 on the website.

• Advertisement

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Got the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar in Boots today, €14.50, still showing €29.00 on the website.

That's a great price!

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups calendar. For gross people who like gross things.
    Only just noticed this bit of the OP :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Lego ones linked to littlewoods above are stonewall robbery on littlewoods, you'll get these in heatons in a couple of weeks for around a tenner cheaper, might already have them in stock

Posy wrote: »

Spot on tho. I hate peanut butter.

Posy wrote: »

:cool:

Loughc wrote: »
    Spot on tho. I hate peanut butter.

I like peanut butter in things, like cookies and cakes and satay, but not in disgusting American chocolate cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

kitten_k wrote: »

Ah they're real cute but you wouldn't be able to fit much in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Aldi have a kids jewellery calendar on sale from Sunday, will post pic tomorrow

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just got a tracking number from an post! My Yankee calendar is on the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It may have been posted already but I see aldI are doing advent calenders wit jewellery on the 17th of this month! Perfect as a chocolate alternative :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I know this is a long shot.....but has anyone seen anything like this for sale in this country? It's an advent calendar that's filled with chocolate covered marzipan. I was in Berlin last year and got one on my way back through Duty Free....it wasn't cheap, but it was delish!! I did look at buying from their website, but the shipping cost is ridiculous!!

My alternative is to buy one of the re-usable advent calendars & the marzipan bits in aldi/lidl and make my own.
    730606_2010_Pckg_Kal_Cafe_525g-Kopie57d92e7db391c_580x580.png

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Available in TKMAXX (Galway) :)
    chuckles30 wrote: »
    I know this is a long shot.....but has anyone seen anything like this for sale in this country? It's an advent calendar that's filled with chocolate covered marzipan. I was in Berlin last year and got one on my way back through Duty Free....it wasn't cheap, but it was delish!! I did look at buying from their website, but the shipping cost is ridiculous!!

My alternative is to buy one of the re-usable advent calendars & the marzipan bits in aldi/lidl and make my own.
    730606_2010_Pckg_Kal_Cafe_525g-Kopie57d92e7db391c_580x580.png

Bosupe wrote: »
    Available in TKMAXX (Galway) :)

Thank you - off to check out TK Maxx in Limerick!!!

Thank you Bosupe - while they didn't have that style in Limerick - they had a smaller one and they also had other boxes of that make of marzipan sweets. I had to have a good old root on the sweet shelf (which is why I don't like TK Maxx normally) but came away a happy customer. (Plus I bought a Christmas jigsaw and Christmas towels too)

I got a Christmas jigsaw in tk maxx last year 1,000 piece so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Loughc wrote: »
    I got a Christmas jigsaw in tk maxx last year 1,000 piece so much fun.

I would love that!

Last year was the first year in a very long time that I had an advent calendar. I definitely enjoyed having a piece of Cadburys chocolate every morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I got a lovely Cadbury's Advent Calendar in Tesco this morning. Bigger than the usual one. Was half price at €3.49. I wouldn't have paid full price for it but was worth €3.49.

Advertisement