Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Weather

Options
  • 17-09-2016 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Right folks how are we looking weather wise for the big match tomorrow? Will it be a wash out like last year or just a little bit of rain? What's the boards weather community's verdict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Met Eireann are predicting rain for the big match, my verdict is for the front to weaken and break up east of the Shannon with Dublin seeing very little or nothing.
    It always happens except perhaps in winter when these fronts are more active.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It looks like that band of heavy rain stay fairly solid as it sweeps East, from what i can see.

Hopefully im wrong as we all want a dry final to help the spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

evening all, weather for All ireland. there will be drizzle/light rain roughly between 10am and 4pm with more persistent rain between midday and 3pm. not a wash out by any means, just a damp one....those driving home west will have a mostly dry end to the day with some clear spells. enjoy the game, Dublin to win by 4 or 5 points.

evening all, weather for All ireland. there will be drizzle/light rain roughly between 10am and 4pm with more persistent rain between midday and 3pm. not a wash out by any means, just a damp one....those driving home west will have a mostly dry end to the day with some clear spells. enjoy the game, Dublin to win by 4 or 5 points.

I like this forecast best :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the rain will most likely make it all the way across the country and won't die a death like most rain bands during the height of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gonzo wrote: »
    the rain will most likely make it all the way across the country and won't die a death like most rain bands during the height of the summer.

And correct you were.
    Raining at Dublin Airport now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    Yes, you're right and I'm wrong. :o good call.
    How did you know that this front would make it all the way across the country?
    I thought with pressure relatively high it would have broken up before it reached the Dublin area.
    ...... only 2mm fell but enough to make for a scrappy match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Actual rain-band just arriving into Dublin, arrived around 1330. Was just a few patches of drizzle up to then.

Unfortunately it looks like the band will gather more organisation before clearing the east coast around 4-5pm

I find the WRF hourly maps decent for informing you on the organisation of these fronts as they track eastwards.

nmmuk-1-8-0.png?18-13

Replay on the 1st of October - how are we looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Slattsy wrote: »
    Replay on the 1st of October - how are we looking :D

Dry and fair 17c Southerly wind.

Confidence low

• Advertisement

What's the general consensus for Dublin on Saturday folks?

Slattsy wrote: »
    What's the general consensus for Dublin on Saturday folks?

Well the 17c looks optimistic now

More like a cool theme with some showers 12 to 14c

Might rain during match or maybe no showers at all as most concentrated to the West

Thanks.

I'm staying positive for a dry day up to circa 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

M.T
    A man of your mighty and discerning intellect will be only too aware that the single biggest global sporting occasion takes place in Dublin this weekend. You know that in the Pantheon of sports events this stands like a Colossus above them all!

Yes, I talk in hushed tones of the All Ireland Football Final Replay, which is taking place in Croke Park, this Saturday at 17:00. When the greatest sports men on the planet will meet again to decide who will be All Ireland Football Champions 2016.

82,300 people will be lucky enough to attend the modern day amphitheatre that is "Croker". Milion's throughout Ireland and the known Universe will huddle around their T.V Set's, their Wirelesses, and internet devices, to follow every move of the game. "Ner a cow will be milked, nor a babe cry", during the course of the 70 minutes of what will be a truly epic encounter.

So is there err a chance you could let us know what the weather might be like.
    Ta very much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

--- SNIP

You can ignore this forecast! Forgot that it is 5pm on SATURDAY not Sunday! doh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

I take it there's a bit of a game on , on Saturday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

also there is already an All ireland weather thread. in addition to this MT has already the forecast for saturday in this mornings update. hardly need for 2 threads

Looks like it will close to ideal conditions for the game.

Mostly sunny with a temperature of around 14C.

There will be a moderate S or SSE breeze though, which may freshen a little further later in the evening.

Thank you Weathercheck, I do appreciate your reply. However I can only accept that which comes from the keyboard of the Oracle know as M.T :)

secman wrote: »
    I take it there's a bit of a game on

Begone you Heathen. ;)

also there is already an All ireland weather thread. in addition to this MT has already the forecast for saturday in this mornings update. hardly need for 2 threads

I do sincerely apologise for upsetting the natural order of this forum. My excitement for the game clearly got the better of me. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Merged with existing All Ireland thread & flagged with MTC

Up Mayo!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

At this point I would say rather cold compared to recent days, but largely dry, could be the odd spot of drizzle, skies mostly cloudy, temperature about 10 C and light winds generally, from a west to northwest direction but probably not a factor inside the stadium. Other than it being a bit on the chilly side it looks fairly good. Footing if anyone cares about that should be moderately good but not ideal due to earlier rain. I will post again if I feel this outlook is out of date with the later guidance.

Looks dry for the match. However I wouldn't entirely rule out the chance of a shower. A shallow area of low pressure is due to track across the south of the country, and then into central England and finally into the North Sea. There could be a northeasterly flow for a while in the afternoon that could pull in a shower off the Irish Sea. One decent shower just before throw in would make conditions underfoot tricky for a while again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A good wet surface would suit Mayo like the last match

Pangea wrote: »
    A good wet surface would suit Mayo like the last match

Looking at the 18Z Euro 4, could be a wettish morning and midday for the Dublin region, with rain/showers clearing away in the afternoon as the low moves away across England.

Spot on but dry n cold looks likely now. Could be 6 or 7c by end of second half. Coldest all ireland ever?

Advertisement