Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Australian Survivor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I was hasty with my previous comment as I turned off the video after the votes were read, glad Kat was subsequently harpooned.

Tribes need a shake up to avoid a washout, Andrew is all talk, his eventual comeuppance should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can't believe they voted out Craig. They really don't want to win challenges do they

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

titan18 wrote: »
    Can't believe they voted out Craig. They really don't want to win challenges do they

There's got to be a merge or re-organisation of the tribes surely as the numbers are now so uneven. So if they merge it won't have been a bad decision as Craig would have been strong in the individual immunity challenges and he seems like a likeable guy who would get jury votes.

How the hell did she 'find' that idol, I call shenanigans.

Hope Kristie wins, would be surprised if a female didn't win it.

A lot of bitchiness on Sanaapu, felt bad for Kylie.

Wonder if they'll they merge at 12.

mel.b wrote: »
    There's got to be a merge or re-organisation of the tribes surely as the numbers are now so uneven. So if they merge it won't have been a bad decision as Craig would have been strong in the individual immunity challenges and he seems like a likeable guy who would get jury votes.

You'd think so, but there's 14 left atm. I reckon they won't merge til 12, so 2 more Vavau to go, so having Craig left instead of Sue would have been far better for them.

Craig has more ties with Jennah Louise too to pull her over, and Nick hates him so will want to vote for him first.

• Advertisement

That last episode sort of ruined the season for me a bit. Host was an ass at tribal council and that twist was just retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Another bizarre twist to add to the mix. Starting to feel like I'm watching big brother Canada with the over eagerness to medle with a winning formula.

Pheobes game just got blown up for for the sake of some manufactured cheap and easy drama. Oddly felt like an anti climax in the end.

Not sure if I'll have the stamina to last the entire season if we start to loose certain players.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't mind the twist in itself, if Vavau had one that Immunity and got to steal a player from the dominating Tribe it would have been interesting - the twist fell down when Sanapu won and now we have 10 on one tribe and only 4 on the other.

I don't have a problem with Australian Survivor tweaking with the formula every now and again as it's its own entity, has a decent cast, and there's still the good old Probst Survivor to look forward to twice a year. It's kinda like an alternate universe version and enjoyable in itself - once you accept it's not going to be a 100% carbon copy of the US version then it's much easier to enjoy it for what it is.

I don't mind the twist in itself, if Vavau had one that Immunity and got to steal a player from the dominating Tribe it would have been interesting - the twist fell down when Sanapu won and now we have 10 on one tribe and only 4 on the other.

I don't have a problem with Australian Survivor tweaking with the formula every now and again as it's its own entity, has a decent cast, and there's still the good old Probst Survivor to look forward to twice a year. It's kinda like an alternate universe version and enjoyable in itself - once you accept it's not going to be a 100% carbon copy of the US version then it's much easier to enjoy it for what it is.
    And this is exactly what Big Brother Canada is to Big Brother US. It all gets tiring very quickly.

This version will hopefully make me appreciate the US version a little more. There are some small nuances that I find they've missed which greatly reduces my enjoyment of the show. And the big twists tend to favour those who play a floating game as opposed to the strategic players that I tend to shout for.

Roll on the season premiere tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Greenslips

Glad to see I'm not the only Irish person watching. Conner is one of my favorites even though I think he'll be merge boot.

Nick is clearly the most interesting character left can't wait to see the madness he causes.

Phoebe was probably the most dynamic player that I've seen on a Survivor since maybe Tony Vlachos.

• Advertisement

Opening confessional strongly hinted at who was going home yet I sat through 1h 9m more of dragged out drama.

Think I might download these episodes and watch one a week. It's too much now that the US version is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Opening confessional strongly hinted at who was going home yet I sat through 1h 9m more of dragged out drama.

Think I might download these episodes and watch one a week. It's too much now that the US version is back.
    I just gave up on it tbh, it doesnt hold my interest at all and Ive been Survivor obsessed since Richard Hatch in S1.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm up to date (apart from today).

I'm enjoying it, but it would be far better if it wasn't so one-sided.

Hate this 'good guy' nonsense, old school mentality.

Hope Nick/Kristie win.

I liked that tribal council. Lee and Sammie got quite fun

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Such an improvement since the merge.

If Nick survives through the next 2 TCs, it'll be a miracle.

Sam would want to get down off his high horse - saying Nick doesn't deserve to be there ahead of Kate or others voted out is just a dickish thing to say. Whether Sam (or the audience for that matter) like Nick or not is irrelevant - he deserves his spot just as much as anyone else sitting there at Tribal. Therein lies the beauty of the game of Survivor, it's not about honesty and hippie love (would be fairly boring if it was), lying, cheating, and playing dirty is all part of the gameplay and some of the most loved players in the history are the most devious and conniving - Russell Hantz, Boston Rob, Jerri Manthey etc. are all proof of that.
    A couple of years down the line when people think back on this season of Survivor, people will remember Nick, but will more than likely have forgotten Sam and his "good guys" mentality.

I caved in and am up to date. The 40-ish minute episodes help.

Found some of the editing really odd this week. I don't get how one week we see Brooke and the mean girls cackling away saying how their tight three have the game in their hands and then the next episode opens with a Brooke confessional saying that Sammy is her closest partner both in terms of strategy and on a personal level.

It's left me a tad confused.

Not sure if it's the cast, the edit, the backfiring of the twists or just something cultural but the post merge run has been infuriating.

The one plus is I've genuinely no idea who's going to win as the individual arcs are so confusing I can't see any obvious winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm two episodes behind at the moment, but has there been an american season where so many girls have been so phyisically strong in immunity challenges? Yes the challenges have probably suited the girls better but they have still put in some amaxing performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I think "physically strong" is the wrong phrase as it is the trait which the challenges haven't been been geared at to date. The girls have won all the challenges so far because they have all had elements of endurance or balance suited to the lighter more agile girls.The muscle men like Sam haven't had a chance yet.

I am enjoying the season so far but I really hope that the 3 mean girls get picked off next.

Season really died on its arse.

ElNino wrote: »
    I think "physically strong" is the wrong phrase as it is the trait which the challenges haven't been been geared at to date. The girls have won all the challenges so far because they have all had elements of endurance or balance suited to the lighter more agile girls.The muscle men like Sam haven't had a chance yet.

I am enjoying the season so far but I really hope that the 3 mean girls get picked off next.
    Who would you like to win?

At this point I'm hoping Jenna Louise makes it to the end and wins the season, that'd be best case scenario, but I'm guessing she'll be voted out as soon as the alliance get the chance. If not JL, then of the "alliance" I'd like to see Brooke win - she seems to be playing the best game and manipulating the others quite well.

Brooke is playing a fantastic game but the show seems to have no problems portraying her as a 'mean girl'. Since the merge there hasn't been a single vote against the 'alliance'. That's some feat.

JL at the moment feels like the obvious underdog to root for.

Who would you like to win?

Probably Sam but he hasn't got a chance unless he gets rid of the 3 mean girls and Sue over the next few tribal councils. From the preview of the next episode those not in the core alliance may be beginning to see the light and finally start making some moves.

Sam's the worst :)

Sam's the worst :)

I agree. Not only does he have no idea how to play the game, but he's also a massive hypocrite. He's actually my least favourite left in it.

Wow is all I can say after watching the last episode. Ding dong the witch is dead. It is going to get nasty all the way to the end now that the core alliance have turned on each other.

• Advertisement

I've no idea who's going to win it going forward.

Will probably root for Kirstie now given that everyone else annoys me.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if she did go on to win it based on what we've seen so far.

Lee would be another possibility.

Advertisement