Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

YES! Witcher lives on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I am so going to suck playing against real people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I suck at Gwent, I'm really bad at it and don't really get it. But, because I love CDPR so much and genuinely think they have done great things for the gaming industry and it's fans, that I'll probably buy this game.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    that I'll probably buy this game.

no need, it will be free to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    no need, it will be free to play :)

I'll find a way to pay for it. CDPR are like the one company which deserve our money haha

• Advertisement

Ha yeah! I'm sure you can buy card packs. I bought the physical Gwent deck from Blood and Wine code. 7 euro, Only came to 18 euro incl delivery. Feels like a steal.

As for the game, as it's free to play, i guess you will be able to buy packs which means a ton of more individual cards. A linked mobile version would be great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

is it only for Xbox and Pc?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    is it only for Xbox and Pc?

PS4 as well. The beta is only on xbox and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

PS4 as well. The beta is only on xbox and PC.

Gotcha! im imagining that even my ****ty laptop will be able to handle the gfx in a card game :)

Perfect

UMH6Pmq.jpg

• Advertisement

Gameplay vid here. Also CDPR confirmed there will be server single player campaigns each about 10+ hours, where you go on a quest, can find secret areas, find cards and make decisons that have consequences. Therson who wrote The Bloody Baron quest is working on these as well so you know they'll be quality

http://kotaku.com/the-witchers-gwent-spinoff-has-a-beefy-single-player-mo-1781989529

Rock, Paper, Shotgun seemed to love the Gwent game anyway.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/15/gwent-witcher-card-e3-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I am going to hook it into my veins

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ha yeah! I'm sure you can buy card packs. I bought the physical Gwent deck from Blood and Wine code. 7 euro, Only came to 18 euro incl delivery. Feels like a steal.

As for the game, as it's free to play, i guess you will be able to buy packs which means a ton of more individual cards. A linked mobile version would be great as well.
    Hope they start shipping them soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

And the award for the most inevitable game ever goes to...

Really glad this is happening, of all the really great things in The Witcher 3, Gwent was definitely one of them.

when you have people making their own version for tabletop simulator then you know people definitely want it

does anyone else hear him mention Rachel Riley at the start!?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So will it be released in September or delayed as awlays?

• Beta delayed until October 25 :(

https://www.playgwent.com/en/news#2056
    Dear Gamers,

At E3 we announced that we’d launch the Closed Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in September. Unfortunately, we feel we need some extra time with the game before we hand it off to you for testing. We know we can make a first impression only once, and want to be sure everything is ready before we blast off. Delivering a good game is more important to us than keeping a deadline. Still, that doesn’t mean we don’t realize that delays can be disappointing, and we apologize for making you wait. Closed Beta will now begin on October 25th.

Love,
    The GWENT Team

we can forgive them because they are probably polishing so it actually works unlike some companies

there is a kill the server stress test this Friday between 7pm and 11pm and then another on the 27th
    codes are not guaranteed and it does not get you into the beta

https://www.playgwent.com/en/killtheservers?v.aid=2HBIF8EFB3-7C19-DC69

• Advertisement

• Skerries wrote: »
    there is a kill the server stress test this Friday between 7pm and 11pm and then another on the 27th
    codes are not guaranteed and it does not get you into the beta

https://www.playgwent.com/en/killtheservers?v.aid=2HBIF8EFB3-7C19-DC69

You need to add to that before folks go clicking it's PC Only

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Kill The Servers registration is now live:

https://playgwent.com/en/killtheservers

Installed it but can't play until tomorrow evening. It's looking very polished, I'm excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Kill The Servers registration is now live:

https://playgwent.com/en/killtheservers

Installed it but can't play until tomorrow evening. It's looking very polished, I'm excited :D

I'm excited too but way they wanted a GoG account login so i can't be arsed. I'll wait and hope for a closed beta invited

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's now live. They've also removed the NDA so people can now stream and share everything from it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Beta codes are being sent out since yesterday.

• nearly finished installing

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I signed up for the closed beta so long ago and no code, makes me a real sad panda :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,121 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think they're being sent out in waves so I wouldn't worry just yet.

• Had a few games there very impressed, you really have to watch what you are at and read the descriptions on even the common cards, like I played a 4 to the middle row as my opening move which was a waste has that card would have buffed another already on the board. Monster deck seems to be over powered a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xyo wrote: »
    I signed up for the closed beta so long ago and no code, makes me a real sad panda :(

Nothing for me yet either :(

Advertisement