Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Appeal has been successful, I'm now in the waiting room for a call!

Today was like winning the lottery when I received that email from OHW.

Called recruitment and I've passed vetting and smt.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

D4z wrote: »

That's great news d4z!! Glad it worked out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Great news! Welcome to the club! How many of us on the boards are fully signed off now?

swl33t wrote: »

Great news! Welcome to the club! How many of us on the boards are fully signed off now?

Got confirmation that i passed vetting and smt too!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Great news D4z, its just goes to show you, if you are determined enough they must see that aswell and it has paid off.

All being hopefully ill be getting the call with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Hey guys
    I recently stumbled across this thread after looking for details about PSNI recruitment. I hope to apply for the PSNI in the next upcoming campaign. If I was one of the lucky people to make it to medical I am concerned whether or not I'll pass, reason being I suffer from a medical condition called achalasia (I could go forever typing about this condition but if you quickly search it up you'll quickly find out what it is) thankfully for me this condition is very mild and does not effect me the slightest bit in daily life however I would hate to progress so far and fall at the final hurdle, what is your opinion as many of you have had experience in the medical ? Do you think I could fail ? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Hi Razor, welcome! I'm not sure if it would fail you but if your doctor says your medically fit and capable of doing the job and your completely honest I think you'd be fine. Either way.. you don't know unless you try. It's a long and annoying process but it's also fun and you can be proud even if you get that far and fail due to the condition.
    Good luck and definitely use this forum for help in your application. I didn't find it until it was to late.

Thank you tackleberry, I appreciate the feedback and yes after only briefly reading through this forum I already feel informed more about the process

There is a home office link around here that goes through all medical illnesses / diseases / disorders etc and if they're allowed in he job. I don't remember where it was linked though. I do remember it was a word document in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

No mention on the Home Office guidelines so that has to be good :)

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/documents/hoc-59-20042835.doc?view=Binary

• Advertisement

Thank you homer and D4z, hopefully that's positive news, I guess I'll just have to apply and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Those in the 1509 campaign who completed their medical recently, how long did your results take?

Those in the 1509 campaign who completed their medical recently, how long did your results take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

TheCub wrote: »

About a week.

TheCub wrote: »

Mines took around a week

Mine took 4 days to get word I failed, a week to get my appeal process.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

I got mine about 4 hours after doing it

Jmac21 wrote: »
    I got mine about 4 hours after doing it

That's the dream, Result sitting by the time you get home...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Anyone ever needed a replacement questionnaire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

SamC321 wrote: »
    Anyone ever needed a replacement questionnaire?
    No if you make a mistake just simply score it out and rewrite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

My GP made a hash of his part of it, just scored it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

GP said that they'd lost mines. Four days after looking it was found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Done my medical today. Everything was grand but a bit worried about the spirometer (sp?). Took me a few attempts to get the technique right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Worrying over nothing apparently. Got word today that I passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

I'm in 1509. Completed Medical yesterday and got results today and I passed. Just the wait now I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

I'm in 1509. Completed Medical yesterday and got results today and I passed. Just the wait now I guess!
    That's crazy fast, did mine today so a result before the weekend would be fantastic. Thought it went well, no issues that I can think of. Super friendly staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

blueboat wrote: »
    That's crazy fast, did mine today so a result before the weekend would be fantastic. Thought it went well, no issues that I can think of. Super friendly staff.

@blueboat I'm sure you'll be fine !

Quick question re the medical.
    Does every candidate have to give urine sample? I thought it said on the notes that they only do that if they can't get a hair sample.

The only reason I ask is I'm not great at peeing on command lol. If it's needed I'll just fill up with water on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jmac21

Homer01 wrote: »
    Quick question re the medical.
    Does every candidate have to give urine sample? I thought it said on the notes that they only do that if they can't get a hair sample.

The only reason I ask is I'm not great at peeing on command lol. If it's needed I'll just fill up with water on the way.

You do both! Urine sample and then the last thing you do is the drugs test

• Advertisement

Jmac21 wrote: »
    You do both! Urine sample and then the last thing you do is the drugs test

Thanks Jmac; I'll get a few bottles of Evian in me beforehand :D

Advertisement