Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff to do

• 11-07-2003 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I'd love a list of places to go on a night out or over the weekend. Maybe links to places that do some of the stuff listed below, or a site covering allot of them, maybe reviews or listings.

Live music, gigs, concerts, live bands.

Comedy, stand ups, play's, show's etc

Dinner, nice places to eat out, unusual places

Event's, canoeing, watersports centres, quad's, hip-hop/pop dancing, tai bo, kickboxing

For people aged 18-26 basically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Oh, in Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

www.entertainment.ie is quite good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by STaN
    .... For people aged 18-26 basically.

Damn, too old by 2 years :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

lol not strictly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

well i certainly dont want any old guys hanging around me while im having a good time.

theres nothing to do in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    well i certainly dont want any old guys hanging around me while im having a good time.

Yeah yer right, if I wanted to hang around with young fellas Id join a creche.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

theres nothing to do in dublin.

:rolleyes:

The last person who said that to me, I asked them what they wanted to do that wasn't available in Dublin, a 'rock bar' was the answer, WTF is a 'rock bar'.

Anyway ... couple of things I do off and on

The 'RTE theatre' is presenting 'Romeo and Juliet' on saturday in temple bar square, tickets are free and available from temple bar properties.

The Ha'penny bridge pub does a amateur standup night on tuesday's or thursday can't remember, anyway its very funny.

'The George' has its infamous 'tranny' bingo on sunday nights, which is always alot of fun (although I amn't sure if its still going).

Then there is the lunchtime concerts at the national concert hall, I fact I usually enjoy most things on at the NCH, check out www.nch.ie

Then there is the Irish Film Centre in temple bar for alternative and international film, not to mention the temple bar music centre for new/alternative music.

Also I quite enjoy the Gaiety Theatre Jazz Club on saturday nights, its about €10 in but it is well worth it.

Advertisement