Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

• 04-09-2016 8:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Pick up a tin of roses? Cranberry sauce? Santa pyjamas?
    Cake decorations? Somebody's present or a box of Christmas cards?

Come and show us here so we can ooooh and aaaah over all your purchases for 2016! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Today I bought two of these bad boys! :)

lindt_bear_adorable_advent_405x400px.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Oh I love this thread! But I have most of my shopping done :( so it will just be pictures of boxes of Celebrations and Roses from me im afraid !! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Today I bought two of these bad boys! :)

lindt_bear_adorable_advent_405x400px.png

Omg. Yes. Where did you get them? Lindt is my favourite.

Unless the second one is for me :pac:

Of course! :D

I got them in the Brown Thomas Christmas shop. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Maple syrup for the biscuit baking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I just found this thread now :-) I nearly bought a Christmas present today, in fact I will probably go back and get it tomorrow. A small gift, a small champagne bottle that is a candle - it actually looked lovely. Will pop up a photo when I buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Picked up a box of Crackers today in Brown Thomas Christmas Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Picked up three little Yankee candle stocking fillers today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Miaireland wrote: »
    Picked up a box of Crackers today in Brown Thomas Christmas Shop.

They set you back a bit I'd say!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi how much were the lindt advent calanders!merci !

• Advertisement

This one may be a bit of a stretch but I bought multi functional decorations the other day. Bought a distressed wooden tray in tk maxx and some foam pumpkins /leaf assortments in carraig donn. I also got a load of pine cones online. I'm using them for a centre piece with some fairy lights for my fireplace for halloween and currently spray painting the rest of the pine cones silver for hurricane jars display for Christmas ! Soon as 1st November comes those pumpkins are gone and in go some scented candles and christmas baubles !

lashofeye wrote: »
    Hi how much were the lindt advent calanders!merci !
    €15.
    There are also other lindt calenders there for €8.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Went into Smyths first thing this morning for their 20% sale. We got my friends little girls Santa stuff and presents for the rest of the kids we buy for.

Felt like Santa carrying the bags back to the car.

So that all the kids sorted for Christmas, just need to sort out the adults. I've only two of them bought so far which was tickets to Big.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I was also at Smyths at 9am & got my youngest daughter sorted for both her birthday & Christmas. Now for the teenager......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

leahyl wrote:
    They set you back a bit I'd say!!!

€40 which isn't as bad as I expected. My mother loves Christmas Crackers and she always spends a good bit on them. These are quirky and a bit out of the ordinary. I normally wouldn't even look at them in BTs but they were by the till and there was some tool in front of me.

Bought my first 2 tins of sweets in dunnes this morning ! No hero's so 2 tins of Celebrations :) now I just have to manage to keep them closed til then hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Miaireland wrote: »
    €40 which isn't as bad as I expected. My mother loves Christmas Crackers and she always spends a good bit on them. These are quirky and a bit out of the ordinary. I normally wouldn't even look at them in BTs but they were by the till and there was some tool in front of me.

40 euro for crackers :eek: Lols, I don't think I could pay it myself but fair play to you!! :D

leahyl wrote: »
    40 euro for crackers :eek: Lols, I don't think I could pay it myself but fair play to you!! :D

Me either! I do think I'm doing well just getting some that match my colour scheme for 12 euro in heatons haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

Just 2 stockings. Maybe some sweets later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Got a couple of the Star Wars tree baubles in Dealz and another decoration with S's name on it. I also bought his gift for our family pass the parcel game that we have for Christmas dinner. He's the only child so we make sure one present is for him and wrap it in special paper so we can make sure he ends up with it. I got him this guy in the video. Christmas dinner is going to be fun!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought some really cute hand towels for my bathroom I like to jazz it up once the tree is up for anyone popping by the house during December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So have most of the santa shopping done thanks to heatons and smyths toy sales, put a deposit down on a bike for my eldest today, that felt amazing! Picked these up in heatons, they have some christmas stuff out, €2.50 per pack

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Today I bought an advent calendar. It's just one we picked up in lidl for a euro but the little guy is too young to understand so it's novelty really.

I also bought a salted caramel dessert. For research. I'll have to try a few different ones in search of the perfect dessert. I'd love to be able to make something but I'm a terrible baker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Wowsers, the Christmas shopping is starting already?!?

In fairness though, I don't have kids so I'm probably not facing the same situation that some are, just seems crazy that xmas shopping is being done before it's even Halloween :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I got my first one the other day. A vegatable crisp maker for my sister... Sounds boring but if you like home cooking tis good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Got some Santa bits in smiths today. So the most important person is sorted more or less now ;)
    Really tempted to buy one of the expensive beauty advent calendars but think I will hang onto my money,just very tempting.

Wowsers, the Christmas shopping is starting already?!
    Starting. Right. >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

My Christmas coat in River Island. I can't wait to wear it except it's not cold enough yet.

• Advertisement

I haven't got my winter coat yet. It's all just terrible. :(

Advertisement