Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gmg678 wrote: »
    can't look at those from work.
    but did read an article just as posted. we are only getting 8demos. that really does suck.

From the Neogaf article in previous post:
    The upside is that NA will also get it digitally "after PSVR launches", so any Europeans with an American account should be able to download the obviously superior demo lineup at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

For anyone who didn't see the TGS show there is an interesting new mode announced, "anywhere vr" that somehow connects to your smart phone so you could be at the beach, in a Meadow or in the stars and a visual representation of your phone screen is displayed so you can basically "use your phone anywhere"

Probably only try it the once but the implications are pretty cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

the only reason I am waiting for the double pack is that they are talking about a slight redesign of the move controller to do with the charging cable been micro-usb.
    CEX is good for the warranty and these things, I will wait till the end of month and if it nots out by then I get from CEX.

The move controllers are still using the same connection as before, apparently there is no redesign (although the box they come in has had updated art)

I picked up a second move controller and charging cradle there from CEX for €16 - ordered it yesterday, and it arrived (out in the stix) today. Really impressed with the speed of delivery actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Any chance of the €500 bundle in europe? the one with vr worlds, move controller etc?

On from that anyone getting the PS PRO who is also getting the PSVR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm planning on both. I'm gonna grab a deal in Argos for the pro and wait a bit on the VR hs as I reckon that a few ppl will sell them off after they get sea sick with the standard PS4 and the headset :D

Adverts will come good again.

I'm planning on both. I'm gonna grab a deal in Argos for the pro and wait a bit on the VR hs as I reckon that a few ppl will sell them off after they get sea sick with the standard PS4 and the headset :D

Adverts will come good again.

I'm going the opposite route, I'm going VR first and I'm hoping to see a nice jump in quality when I get around to getting the PS PRO :)

yes VR first but its all the one as I wont see it till Dec 25th :-( black Friday deals then on the pro me thinks will have the cash ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

will stick with Normal ps4 for now. maybe next year get the pro.

27days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Is thw PSVR limited to stick controllers or will it be compatible with regular controler?

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Is thw PSVR limited to stick controllers or will it be compatible with regular controler?

Reputed to be compatible with the dualshock4 also. I imagine that would do in a pinch but you'll get a much more immersing experience with the stick controllers though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sticker wrote: »
    RedXIV wrote: »
    Reputed to be compatible with the dualshock4 also. I imagine that would do in a pinch but you'll get a much more immersing experience with the stick controllers though

All PSVR titles are playable on the DS4. To what degree do the Move controllers improve the experience will depend on the game I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Otacon wrote: »
    Move controllers improve the experience

Never thought I'd ever see that in a sentence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I have this preordered with Amazon for release day, wasn't 100% committed until I watched this video... not sure my heart will hold up but looks awesome!!

I've played the demo, which had me severely anxious throughout, VR + Headphones might be too much to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Never thought I'd ever see that in a sentence :D

I know what you're saying, but I just bought Two second hand Move controllers (for if/when I get PSVR) and I'm enjoying the sh1t out of them. Pity they came out Four years after the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The original Move was a great piece of kit, to be fair. It just wasn't massively well-implemented. I still use them for the odd shooter with the SharpShooter attachment and Planet Minigolf with the move controllers is a great laugh, especially with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Any sign of any decent bundles with VR + Game or anything yet? Or will they not be released until after it has launched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Is there any point in buying PSVR for use with a vanilla PS4 or is it really for the Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Is there any point in buying PSVR for use with a vanilla PS4 or is it really for the Pro?

All of the demos I've played so far have used regular PS4s and I have left them all impressed. Obviously the Pro will improve things but that isn't to say the standard experience is somehow not up to snuff now.

Any sign of any decent bundles with VR + Game or anything yet? Or will they not be released until after it has launched?

Nothing. I paid off the last of my headset there at the weekend and asked about it and there is nothing annouced yet, Gamestop and Playstation Ireland both tweeted me to say nothing formal announced yet.

Staff in gamestop to be fair said expect an ad-hoc bundle from Gamestop even if nothing official is in place by the day though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Nothing. I paid off the last of my headset there at the weekend and asked about it and there is nothing annouced yet, Gamestop and Playstation Ireland both tweeted me to say nothing formal announced yet.

Staff in gamestop to be fair said expect an ad-hoc bundle from Gamestop even if nothing official is in place by the day though

Don't particularly want to pre-order just yet as want to see what value is to be had... Will it likely sell out on launch?...

Don't particularly want to pre-order just yet as want to see what value is to be had... Will it likely sell out on launch?...

Wouldn't say so, Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire seemed perfectly confident they would have stock on the day anyway. I know a few people cancelled preorders as well.

I've a feeling this could be like Vita launch where I went to gamestop the morning it was released at 8am and was by myself like a plonker when they opened at 9am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Otacon wrote: »
    All of the demos I've played so far have used regular PS4s and I have left them all impressed. Obviously the Pro will improve things but that isn't to say the standard experience is somehow not up to snuff now.

That's good to hear. I'll be picking up a Pro eventually but not before I get a new TV. In the meantime PSVR would make a very nice stocking filler for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wouldn't say so, Gamestop in Dun Laoghaire seemed perfectly confident they would have stock on the day anyway. I know a few people cancelled preorders as well.

I've a feeling this could be like Vita launch where I went to gamestop the morning it was released at 8am and was by myself like a plonker when they opened at 9am :D

Ah but now you have a lovely oled screened vita unlike later lcd screed plebs.

Oled oled oled (in chant voice)

As for this though I can't see it selling out on the day. Not at that price tag.

Personally I'm still completely unconvinced that this will sell at all never mind sell out.

It really could be vita part two.

... love my vita!! .. oled... Yeah.

Ah but now you have a lovely oled screened vita unlike later lcd screed plebs.

Oled oled oled (in chant voice)

As for this though I can't see it selling out on the day. Not at that price tag.

Personally I'm still completely unconvinced that this will sell at all never mind sell out.

It really could be vita part two.

... love my vita!! .. oled... Yeah.

reckon once people try it on in peoples houses at Christmas it will sell well in the new year, its already looks to be way more supported then the vita was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

reckon once people try it on in peoples houses at Christmas it will sell well in the new year, its already looks to be way more supported then the vita was.

Jaysus it'd want to be more supported than the vita in fairness.

I get what you're saying about if people try it but after spending 300/400 euro on a console I just wonder will people fork out another 400 euro for this. I really don't think the sales numbers will be high but look I could be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

Jaysus it'd want to be more supported than the vita in fairness.

I get what you're saying about if people try it but after spending 300/400 euro on a console I just wonder will people fork out another 400 euro for this. I really don't think the sales numbers will be high but look I could be way off.
    I think this will go the way of the Wii. its 1st year will be quite and then every man and their dog will want one. they won't be able to keep up with demand. as they as saying about PSVR its not the most powerful but is the most accessible. I am looking forward to booting this up on the 13th and playing it.

I think this will go the way of the Wii. its 1st year will be quite and then every man and their dog will want one. they won't be able to keep up with demand. as they as saying about PSVR its not the most powerful but is the most accessible. I am looking forward to booting this up on the 13th and playing it.

they need that killer app, that wii sports or halo. really think Sony should have looked to see what game would be best to bring all the family together like wii sports, maybe playroom vr will be that game but I think they should have bundled that and vr worlds with all launch VR's.

I can't believe I have to wait till 25th of Dec to to try VR for the first time, I love keeping that christmas magic alive , I reckon this year I will be the one waking the kids up early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Had a go on this today (in NY). Played a fairly linear shooter that I can't remember the name of and then played farpoint. No problem with the first one, but farpoint left me queasy within seconds! Impressive bit of kit, but I think I will hold off a bit before purchasing.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Will hopefully see drivers developed to use this on PC pretty soon after launch, will definitely pick up one as soon as there are.

As a casual gamer, I feel itd be a bit gimicky on PS4 and that id lose interest and cast it aside, but if it can support PC id get that more use out of it to make it worth while having it for both.

I'm 90% sure i read somewhere that Sony did indeed plan to do this

Advertisement