Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All-new Peugeot 5008 SUV

• 09-09-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭

Pictures and write up here but I think this is a fantastic looking seven-seater. A complete redesign from the previous version. So much so that I'm surprised that they called it a 5008.

It will also include a fold-up electric bike that is stored in a slot in the boot!!

It will be interesting to see how much it is here.

More here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/peugeot-s-5008-becomes-an-suv-1.2782809

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Interestingly I'll be changing my current 5008 next year when 3 years old. I had my eye on a Sorento. However, just recently I was given a 7 Seater X-Trail on hols, and although smaller than the Sorento this had me questioning whether it was a good idea. The X-Trail was OK up to a point and that's being kind. Big issues were second row unable to accommodate 3 seats, and 1 was a high back booster with the other being a booster cushion. Access to the 3rd row was woeful, I couldn't fit to buckle the belt for my daughter who at 6 years old moaned about being cramped! It was a joy to get back into my 5008 upon return. I now know the difference between light steering and lifeless steering!
    Anyhow, I realise the value now of three individual seats in the second row, something this new 5008 SUV will have over its competitors. I certainly will have a look when launched!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Funny how the Kodiaq was leaked to within an inch of its life, but this pops up with no pre-launch hype what so ever. Striking looking car, I admire that the French are re-discovering their mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,933 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stealing a few lines from the Range Rover Evoque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

The 130bhp 1.2-litre PureTech petrol unit is rated at just 117g/km with a six-speed manual gearbox (120g/km in six-speed auto form), while the 165bhp 1.6 PureTech is offered in six-speed auto form only, rated at 133g/km.

Diesel fans can choose between 1.6 and 2.0-litre BlueHDi engines. Cleanest of the lot is the 106g/km 1.6 BlueHDi 100 in five-speed manual guise, while the 1.6 Blue HDi 120 are rated at 108g/km in six-speed manual form or 112g/km as a six-speed auto. The 2.0 BlueHDi comes in 150bhp six-speed manual form (118g/km) or 180bhp six-speed auto form (124g/km).

Quite small power for an SUV I have to say, unless you go for the 2 litre diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

shietpilot wrote: »
    Quite small power for an SUV I have to say, unless you go for the 2 litre diesel!

The newest PSA platform is very light. C4 Picasso weights less than much smaller C3 Picasso...

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Stealing a few lines from the Range Rover Evoque?

Actually from a side profile I was thinking it looks exactly the Disco Sport!

As for power, its the 2Ltr Auto that would interest me. Light on the CO2's so should keep the price fairly competitive. Its the CO2's that is killing sales of the Auto Sorento, Santa Fe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

A few people mentioned an interestin this myself included . Any further info yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CianW5

Never get a Peugeot trust me a friend of mine got Peugeot and it kept stoping and starting even when was new I would not recommend it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

CianW5 wrote: »
    Never get a Peugeot trust me a friend of mine got Peugeot and it kept stoping and starting even when was new I would not recommend it at all.

Trust me, I have a Peugeot and it starts first time every time.

You cannot dismiss a modern cars reliability out of hand just because of its brand. The model and specifically the generation of model, maybe, but not based on the brand alone.

That's how Stop-Start should work, shouldn't it? :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,332 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My current car and last car were both Peugeot and they are the only car brand that I've never had any trouble with.

They have come on in leaps and bounds in terms of reliability and in the looks department.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Blow me down, but there's always one:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think with comments like this, you need to bring your own barstool.

Never judge a car marque on what some other gobsh1te has said.
    Never judge a car marque on some previous model from history.
    Never judge a car marque that you yourself have never driven or know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Just found this Turkish(!) website with some new 5008 images I haven't seen before (other country's websites are also available, I'm sure :p ):
    http://www.ahaber.com.tr/galeri/otomobil/2017-peugeot-5008
    But specifically, this one shows the dimensions:
    http://i.ahaber.com.tr/galeri/otomobil/2017-peugeot-5008/1_d.jpg
    The crucial one there is labelled N across the back seats which is 1432mm - that's actually less than the old 5008 I linked to earlier which labelled N as 1442mm. So if Peugeot are using the same measuring criteria, that suggests the new 5008 is actually narrower across the back seats than the old one. :eek:
    See http://www.peugeot.ie/range/find-your-vehicle/5008/technical-information.html

But bearing in mind when I personally measured the old 5008's actual seat base width as being 1320mm (which was less than my S-Max's 1400mm), I can only conclude that the new 5008, despite having 3 separate seats will not be wide enough for me to upgrade from the S-Max :(

Also, looking at the M measurement of overall internal width, the new (1432mm) is less than the old (1442mm). The external dimensions look wider on the new 5008 though, so where's all the space being wasted?

Info on pricing in France: Nouveau Peugeot 5008
    Suggests a mid-range 150hp model will be 37k in France, or a more basic specced 120hp will be 32k.

I would expect Irish prices with VRT etc. to be a lot more...

Im guessing the seats could very well be the exact same albeit upholstered differently. All SUV's are wider at the hips to make them SUV like. You look at the S-Max at the hips (cant think of anything else to describe it :D) and the roof line, they are nearly as wide as each other. There's the big difference between MPV's and SUV's when looking at dimensions. Never really bought into the Kodiaq or the 5008 being big cars like an S-Max.

Gwynston wrote: »
    Info on pricing in France: Nouveau Peugeot 5008
    Suggests a mid-range 150hp model will be 37k in France, or a more basic specced 120hp will be 32k.

I would expect Irish prices with VRT etc. to be a lot more...

The 3008 price list is out, maybe add 3 to 4K per range, kinda like the old pricing did. This puts the auto 180bhp GT at around 47-48k list. Starting prices around 29K. That's a guess..

All SUV's are wider at the hips to make them SUV like. You look at the S-Max at the hips (cant think of anything else to describe it :D) and the roof line, they are nearly as wide as each other. There's the big difference between MPV's and SUV's when looking at dimensions. Never really bought into the Kodiaq or the 5008 being big cars like an S-Max.
    Yes, I'm starting to realise that now. I was hoping to get something other than a 7-seat MPV, but have found anything else isn't wide enough for 3 seated all the time in the back.

Even really big SUVs like the Q7 and XC90 don't have 3 separate middle row seats as spacious as the S-Max.

Yes, I'm starting to realise that now. I was hoping to get something other than a 7-seat MPV, but have found anything else isn't wide enough for 3 seated all the time in the back.

Even really big SUVs like the Q7 and XC90 don't have 3 separate middle row seats as spacious as the S-Max.

Unfortunately the public buys what is shiny... Take an Insignia - overweight car, very small inside for the class with performance of a stone... And it sells great, because of the chromes and big wheelz...

The same goes to SUV. They don't really offer anything but attractive looks. They are heavier, less roomy and less efficient. And despite costing more than estates and more than MPV, they sell well. Because of the wheels I guess, so you don't care about the curbs...

SMAX is great car. Get it is sport guise and you'll be happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why not try the new Renault Grand Scenic. Looks like a lovely car and might be what you want. Have only seen the new Scenic in the metal do but thought it looked fantastic the alloys as well.

grogi: Unfortunately the public buys what is shiny... Take an Insignia - overweight car, very small inside for the class with performance of a stone... And it sells great, because of the chromes and big wheelz...

The same goes to SUV. They don't really offer anything but attractive looks. They are heavier, less roomy and less efficient. And despite costing more than estates and more than MPV, they sell well. Because of the wheels I guess, so you don't care about the curbs...

SMAX is great car. Get it is sport guise and you'll be happy camper.

I don,t think that applies to all SUVs. The Dad had a C-Max but changed to a Kiaa Sportage and the Sportage is actually much more economical than the C-Max.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

If anyone is interested my wife's brother in law was in Agnelli on Greenhills road and they have a left hand drive 3008 in the showroom.

https://www.facebook.com/Agnelli-Motor-Park-1572170483045239/

16114788_1783459665249652_1956064906576038265_n.jpg?oh=f97c8bfd99265554fa42bbbc33d72b8a&oe=59039624

16142601_1783460005249618_1564958763396815525_n.jpg?oh=8c73beb22f86c97afeeba7ac98b928d1&oe=59242FB0

Dealer said its pretty much exact same as 5008 minus the two back seats.

No pricing but salesman reckons they will be pricing it against the Xtrail and Sante Fe.

pippip wrote: »
    Dealer said its pretty much exact same as 5008 minus the two back seats.
    I hope that's not the case because there's not much room in the back of a 3008. I had a look in one at Kenny Galway - nice inside, and I expect the 5008 to be similar, but I'm hoping the 3 middle seats will be at least as big as the old 5008, or it simply won't be big enough for my 3 kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I hope that's not the case because there's not much room in the back of a 3008. I had a look in one at Kenny Galway - nice inside, and I expect the 5008 to be similar, but I'm hoping the 3 middle seats will be at least as big as the old 5008, or it simply won't be big enough for my 3 kids...

a quick google suggests the 3008 is 1422 full width at 2nd row and 5008 is 1505,so while it probably wont be the full amount of the difference extra in the seats there should be a good difference

sword1 wrote: »
    a quick google suggests the 3008 is 1422 full width at 2nd row and 5008 is 1505,so while it probably wont be the full amount of the difference extra in the seats there should be a good difference
    Links please? (To save me the redoing what you've already done...;))

According to the uk website its bigger inside than the previous(present) 5008. That has 3 seperate iso fix seats on the 2nd row. So decent enough size even for an adult

Also read this at the blog for launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This is last update I got from Peugeot: Hi XXX, the new 5008 will not arrive until next May. Prices should be available circa April. Let me know if you've any further queries. Best regards, Emma

I asked if you could order in April when pricing is released and I got back the "I hope so" answer. I have a dealer keeping an ear to the ground for me as well and he confirmed the same...he said he would update me if anything changes, so did Peugeot so will just have to wait

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    According to the uk website its bigger inside than the previous(present) 5008. That has 3 seperate iso fix seats on the 2nd row. So decent enough size even for an adult
    Sorry, but I don't understand that.
    Please see my previous post where I quoted Peugeot measurements which looked smaller than the old 5008:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102350728&postcount=15

http://www.kennygalway.ie/latest-news/all-new-5008-suv
    just going on the blog, no real reason other than what they are marketing

Sorry, but I don't understand that.
    Please see my previous post where I quoted Peugeot measurements which looked smaller than the old 5008:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102350728&postcount=15

Why not wait for the car to arrive in the showroom and see yourself? You're doing pure speculation right now, and you will not order it before is shows up, so why bother?

If you need one NOW, get an S-Max. If you can wait, then wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

The crucial one there is labelled N across the back seats which is 1432mm - that's actually less than the old 5008 I linked to earlier which labelled N as 1442mm. So if Peugeot are using the same measuring criteria, that suggests the new 5008 is actually narrower across the back seats than the old one.

1442mm minus 1432mm = 10 mm

10mm = 1cm less than the old 5008

Advertisement