Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Connect - Problem connecting to Leaf - VIN not supported

• 20-10-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭

I've installed the Nissan Connect app on my phone so I can access some apps on the touchscreen on the car however I'm getting an error message when I enter the VIN when requested on my phone which says "The VIN is not supported" - I've already registered and everything else appears to be correct. Triple checked that the VIN I was entering was correct.

Has anyway tried to access the Nissan Connect app through their phone to connect to their Nissan Leaf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Carwings is the one for the Leaf (apparently due to be replaced very soon by Nissan Connect EV). Doesn't work either though!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Isn't Carwings just woeful? :confused:

Wonder if Nissan Connect will be any better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nissan are moving the carwings system to Nissan Connect EV, it was meant to happen by end of October but it will now be end of December.

The third party app Leaf link is far more reliable than carwings as it connects to the Asian servers, Carwings here uses the European "servers", but I think they may be running off a few raspberry pi's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jferr3

I keep entering my VIN and no matter what it tells me This VIN is not supported WTF? I know the number is correct what the hell is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

highdef wrote: »
    I've installed the Nissan Connect app on my phone so I can access some apps on the touchscreen on the car however I'm getting an error message when I enter the VIN when requested on my phone which says "The VIN is not supported" - I've already registered and everything else appears to be correct. Triple checked that the VIN I was entering was correct.

Has anyway tried to access the Nissan Connect app through their phone to connect to their Nissan Leaf?

What model year leaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

jferr3 wrote: »
    I keep entering my VIN and no matter what it tells me This VIN is not supported WTF? I know the number is correct what the hell is wrong?
    Did you buy it second hand? If so the previous owner may still be registered... We had the same problem when we got ours (2nd hand) - kept telling us VIN was invalid (even though it was correct).
    Its a bad error message - should really say VIN already registered to another user

You'll need to phone Nissan and sort it out over the phone... They'll need a copy of your owners cert and proof if ID IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jferr3

That must be exactly whats wrong i bought it from the first owner thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭proponent

Also if it's an import the UK vin won't work on the Irish Nissan site

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

proponent wrote: »
    Also if it's an import the UK vin won't work on the Irish Nissan site

I think

They just need to transfer it over on their database. Just email them on evuk (át) nissan-services.eu and they'll sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gidxl03

I was in the same situation (UK import, previous owner still registered). Emailed "evuk at nissan-services.eu" with the Irish Reg Cert and utility bill with address. Soon got a response to say that they have now unregistered the previous owner, and with the following;

We wouldn't have to change any of your details through our database, all you will have to do is register on the Irish portal with this link: (https : // removed because I'm not allowed to include links)
    cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus
    and don't use
    ie.nissanconnect.eu/en-ie/Account/Register

However, I do think you might have the same issue here.
    There is a technical issue with the website, which is currently getting fixed but I would advise you to try registering on the Irish portal with that link

PS Sure enough, I can't complete the final step using the correct URL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gidxl03

After about 15 attempts to complete the 4 page on line form and many emails to the Nissan help desk, the good people at Nissan agreed to fill out the form on my behalf using all the information that I sent to them. (In hindsight, I suspect that my chosen username was not unique and instead of asking me to supply a unique name, the entire registration fails with "Please contact the help desk".)

I then got an email with my password in plain text and a broken embedded URL. Me thinks they know a lot more about making cars than IT ... but they are very helpful and I'm not complaining.

The email mentioned
    You can [uk.pre-prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus/contact.html]contact our customer service center if you need to speak to someone directly.
    If you want to change your email notifications, please go to [uk.pre-prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus/private/carwings/settings.html]Notifications.

It took me a while to work out that the correct URL starts with "cq5.prod.nissan" and not "uk.pre-prod.nissan" e.g. the info I wanted is at http : // cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus/private/carwings/battery . html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yes they are very poor when it comes to supporting Carwings or Nissan Connect EV as it is now, when I had issues and called them to complain they told me the car was fine and this was just an accessory add-on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 deerpark

my experience just now on a second hand, imported leaf purchased from an irish owner:
    a. Registered with Nissan connect (email address login if i recall). Website login would work but I could not register the VIN saying it was invalid.
    b. Downloaded the Nissan EV app to my phone.
    c. Login working on website would not work
    d. Registered with carwings (you+) and the userID (not email) I was required to use there works, could select VIN and setup a profile.
    e. The userID setup on carwings works in the Nissan EV app!

My purchase is 2011... so maybe a carwings registration is required before it will work with the nissan connect EV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

deerpark wrote: »
    my experience just now on a second hand, imported leaf purchased from an irish owner:
    a. Registered with Nissan connect (email address login if i recall). Website login would work but I could not register the VIN saying it was invalid.
    b. Downloaded the Nissan EV app to my phone.
    c. Login working on website would not work
    d. Registered with carwings (you+) and the userID (not email) I was required to use there works, could select VIN and setup a profile.
    e. The userID setup on carwings works in the Nissan EV app!

My purchase is 2011... so maybe a carwings registration is required before it will work with the nissan connect EV app.

That's exactly it. Carwings registration required

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine worked flawlessly once I emailed Nissan GB with a copy of my VRT assessment form. That form has the vin, your name and address on it so it's all they need to remove the car from the previous account and free it up for you to add to your Nissan you+ account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Ive used Connect EV daily since purchase 14 months ago , no issues occasional disconnects due to coverage issues with GSM in car , simplely restart app,

I've had no problems with carwings either in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

No issues with carwings for me - once I got Nissan GB to transfer me over on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Alan McG

I had trouble connecting to Nissan Connect. Here's the info that Nissan Support provided to me which worked perfectly:

"I do apologise, I did not realise that you were based in Ireland. As a result, you do not need a You+Nissan account. 

Please sign up to carwings using the following link: https://cq5.prod.nissan.eu/IE/en/YouPlus.html

After this please complete the below steps: 

(1) Complete onboard activation:

• Go to the vehicle and turn on the ignition
    • Push the Zero Emission button and then on the navigation screen touch [Carwings] > [Carwings Settings] > [Security Settings] > [User ID]
    • Enter Carwings login, then touch [OK]
    • Touch [Password], enter your Carwings password, then touch [OK]
    • Touch [Activate Security Settings], confirm, and touch [Yes]

Once these steps have been completed you should be able to log in to the NissanConnect EV app using your Carwings login and password."

It was very easy. Hope this can help someone.

Advertisement