Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renting in kinvara

• 04-09-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi there. We are half thinking about buying in kinvara. Love the look of the place and seems like a great place to raise kids. Of course would love to rent there first before taking such a huge leap but there is nothing on daft. Would anyone know other places to look for suitable rental properties? Any thoughts on living in kinvara? We both work 30 minutes away so it would be more of a base. Are we mad?! We have two small kids and know none there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Hi. Kinvara is notoriously diffiicult to find rental properties in but good places to look for ads is in the Post Office and also the notice boards at the back doors for Londis

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Country living 2019

detoxkid wrote: »
    Hi there. We are half thinking about buying in kinvara. Love the look of the place and seems like a great place to raise kids. Of course would love to rent there first before taking such a huge leap but there is nothing on daft. Would anyone know other places to look for suitable rental properties? Any thoughts on living in kinvara? We both work 30 minutes away so it would be more of a base. Are we mad?! We have two small kids and know none there

I am just wondering if you made the move to Kinvara and are you happy about it? I am thinking of moving there with my teenage kids but the commute from there to Galway concerns me. I would be grateful for any feedback please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I am just wondering if you made the move to Kinvara and are you happy about it? I am thinking of moving there with my teenage kids but the commute from there to Galway concerns me. I would be grateful for any feedback please.

I commute to parkmore everyday it takes about 20 mins as i never reach the bad traffic, and it's a nice drive especially in the summer. There is a road upgrade happening soon, prob wont speed things up much but will make it safer.

But at the Galway Clinic you hit Galway traffic so no idea how long the last bit would take to get into the city/where you are going.

It is a bit out but it is such a nice spot it is more than worth it.

I lived in Oranmore and started work at 9. Even though it was a 5 min drive to work i had to leave at 8.10 due to traffic. I managed to change my shift to 9.30 when i moved here, so even though the distance is more the time stuck in traffic is less. if i'm leaving Kinvarra by 9 I'm in in loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was pretty set on buying in Kinvara but decided to rent a holiday home there for a few weeks to try it out first. My wife wasn't into it. She didn't think there was enough choice there and was too touristy. It seemed most of the homes in the surrounding areas were empty either because it's full of holiday homes or just homes sitting empty. It's a very pretty place to live and I like the market they have on the hill but wasn't enough to convince my wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Op here. In the end we took a different route and bought in athenry which is 15 minutes to work for me and with good transport links to Galway where oh works. Kinvara was just too far out for us. But if you can figure it I think it is fabulous, so picturesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread closed

Country living, please start a fresh thread for recommendations around Kinvara and surrounding area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement