Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What classic cars are you currently thinking about buying sometime in the near or far

• 01-09-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Toyota BJ40 ,An early 90s diesel G wagon and a w124 mercedes diesel.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I'd love a Fiat Dino Coupe, but I reckon prices have slipped out of reach for the ðecent ones, even if I had somewhere to keep one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Triumph Dolomite Sprint. I would love to get my hands on a fairly decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

1990 Mercedes 500sl r129 for when they hit the 'chape tax' in 4 years time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

another Merc 190 is on the cards, or a W124.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Still selling one of my w124 coupes to fund a CL500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I would love my old S123 300TD back. I know, I'm a dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nothing too fancy here. Early model Sierra Sapphire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Mk1 Capri, ultimatley to create a Peranah

LS 400, is on my list for future procurement once tax is reasonable

60 series Landcruiser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Triumph Dolomite Sprint. I would love to get my hands on a fairly decent one.

The last fairly decent one I ever saw was in a showroom many years ago!

• Advertisement

tc20 wrote: »
    another Merc 190 is on the cards, or a W124.

Have both. 300TE 4matic for sale.

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    Here's an unusual manual 5 door G

Whats unusual about that G?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

That is awesome!
    What would the vrt on that be?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have this beside me every day as incentive.

YHVjJuW.jpg

I might settle for a well sorted Beta, though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Nothing too fancy here. Early model Sierra Sapphire.

Me either (budget constraints )

Mk4/5 Ford cortina, any one know/see a resonable priced one for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

clogher71 wrote: »

Have you seen the Mk5 2.0 Ghia on Donedeal, unwanted raffle prize from the Carlow show this summer

I'd like a Fiat Cinq Sporting to putaway, or a Mercedes 190

Blue850 wrote: »
    Have you seen the Mk5 2.0 Ghia on Donedeal, unwanted raffle prize from the Carlow show this summer

I'd like a Fiat Cinq Sporting to putaway, or a Mercedes 190

Yes, I did thanks, I bought a ticket for that raffle too! I went to see it!!!! I even made a resonable offer but it was a long way short of the asking price, but it was resonable offer based on the car!!!

Any one thinking about viewing it feel free to PM me and I will tell them about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

W126 Mercedes S-class V8 petrol, BMW E28 5-series straight 6 auto, but neither are realistic without having a garage. Porsche 944. Or a youngtimer like an early Porsche Boxster, BMW Z3 or Z4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭flatty

I bought a 129 500 sl with 28k miles (1994) from a dealer who needed to offload it to free up cash. He was a friend of a friend, and I got a great deal on it, but hadn't realised at the time that it was still in Japan. Anyhow, after 9 months, and me having forgot about it largely until a thread elsewhere reminded me, it arrived in dec 23 last year, and what a lovely car. I now have 2 completely impractical cars , with 2 young kids, and he has just got in touch to offer me 3 k more than I paid him for it to sell it back.
    If I did, I think I'd be looking for another fairly soon.
    Highly recommended as long as your forearm and wallet are up to the cramp of filling it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Rover P6 3500 or SD1 Vitesse 3500. Would prefer an SD1. Failing that a 2.8 Granada would be my next choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Rover P6 3500 or SD1 Vitesse 3500. Would prefer an SD1. Failing that a 2.8 Granada would be my next choice.

An NSU Sport Prinz, a beautiful little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

clogher71 wrote: »

The reasonably priced ones tend to be rotten. Expect to pay 4000+ for a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Over the next 10 years.......

R107 280
    R129 would be happy with a 6 cylinder until tax comes down.
    E28 524td (LHD)
    Sierra XR4i
    Sierra XR 4X4
    924/944
    MX-5 1st series
    Ferrari Mondial (308's going for silly money at the mo)
    W126 500 SEC, probably LHD
    R21 turbo
    Thema 8.32
    405 T16
    BX GTi
    CX Safari or some Tissier conversion

and a W124 coupe, Citroen DS and 2CV for keeps

Busy, busy , busy..:)

EDIT: Almost forgot..a Lotus Omega has to be in there as well, cost €30,000+ these days and they'll break your heart and wallet with reliability issues. :o

The reasonably priced ones tend to be rotten. Expect to pay 4000+ for a good one.

I know, I am hoping to one before they go into mk3 price bracket....€1500 got you a nice one not long ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Red Kev wrote: »
    E28 524td (LHD)

Can understand the E28 bit perfectly....:cool:

But the fuel? and the driving side? Very specific so I presume you must travel a lot on the continent but that begs the question of doing it in a classic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Can understand the E28 bit perfectly....:cool:

But the fuel? and the driving side? Very specific so I presume you must travel a lot on the continent but that begs the question of doing it in a classic?
    I drove an E28 and I fully understand Kev. The RHD are not for me and I would much prefer an LHD one. The Irish car looks like it was rather converted than re-engineered in the factory. Good thing they reshaped the middle console towards the driver though :).

Regarding the Diesel in the E28, the engine is based on the petrol M20 engine and their first Diesel engine they put in a car. Not a great engine, and I would prefer the Eta M20 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

A classic shape SAAB 900. The love of my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Volvo 480, if the right one appeared at a time I had a few Euro spare!

• Advertisement

Barr wrote:
    A classic shape SAAB 900. The love of my life

Had the 2 door sedan version. Loved it.

Advertisement