Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gourmondo.de

• 28-11-2015 3:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Can someone tell me if there's an option to pay online when ordering from gourmondo.de? I placed an order and now don't seem to be able to pay. It seems to want me to go to my bank and effectively do a money transfer of some kind. As I understand it, my bank charges 35 euro for International transfers, would this be the case here do you know? If so, that would pretty much wipe out any savings I would have gained.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Their English language website has mastercard and visa logos at the bottom of the home page :confused: I'd be very wary of paying by bank transfer, you have no comeback if the goods don't arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

I ordered from them many times. All legit. Bank transfer is the only payment option at the moment. Previously there was PayPal and cred card option. And they stopped selling alcohols outside the Germany.

Website is 100% legit. Never had a problem with them.

I have an account in AIB and they never charged me extra for the money transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There was a better site posted for buying German beers, forget the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

I just tried to order from gourmondo and a message came up saying the cannot ship alcohol outside germany for the duration. Just wondering what the story is as I see on this forum that people have ordered without any issues.

redmissb wrote: »
    I just tried to order from gourmondo and a message came up saying the cannot ship alcohol outside germany for the duration. Just wondering what the story is as I see on this forum that people have ordered without any issues.

They stop sending alcohol to Ireland few months ago.

They will start again in Jan 2016.

• Advertisement

Ah I see, was going to order a few bottles for Christmas..never mind. Thanks!

Ah I see, was going to order a few bottles for Christmas..never mind. Thanks!

whiskyonline24.de

Thanks I'll have a look there. Have you ordered from the before? Just wondering how long delivery normally takes to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

@redmissb I merged the two threads to keep it all tidy

Thanks I'll have a look there. Have you ordered from the before? Just wondering how long delivery normally takes to Ireland.

Yes I have. Normalny is about a week. Dhl/AnPost with tracking number.

• Advertisement

Anyone ordered recently? Seem to be shipping to Ireland again.

Anyone ordered recently? Seem to be shipping to Ireland again.

Still can't make an order that contains alcohol. Just checked.

It's letting me check out, I can get as far as paypal though I didn't place the order. I'm not seeing any message re not sending alcohol to Ireland?

I am getting this:

!
    Leider ist der Verkauf von alkoholischen Getränken ausserhalb Deutschlands nicht möglich. Bitte entfernen Sie die entsprechenden Produkte aus Ihrem Warenkorb.

So:

!
    Unfortunately, the sale of alcoholic beverages outside Germany is not possible . Please remove the corresponding items from your cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I tried adding a few bottles, registered, and tried checking out but the site kept crashing. Also adding things to wishlist was giving errors. Seems buggy, but worth checking back on. 4 bottles of Bowmore 12 for €32.50 each delivered. At those prices I'd be temped to splurge not just at Christmas.

FWIW I've placed a few orders via https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com and Parcel Wizard/Motel with not problems.

However the prices seem better on gourmondo, at least for the bottles I was looking at.

I just went onto the webiste now and it's showing gourmondo.co.uk and page is in english. That's not what I was getting yesterday, it was gourmondo.de and all in German. Site keeps crashing now on me too. I wasn't getting that message at all yesterday, it was going straight to checkout, kinda sorry I didn't chance it now!

Now i am using http://whiskyonline24.de/

Quite expensive delivery but if you chip in with someone it is OK.

Advertisement