Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Tell him to get in the queue, BUIB, Andy Carroll, Lukaku and Sadio Mane are still awaiting punishment, among others :P

I propose we put Pape Souare to the top of this list.

I'm like a moth to a flame with him, always getting burned by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I propose we put Pape Souare to the top of this list.

I'm like a moth to a flame with him, always getting burned by him.

+1

One of the most satisfying things about popping the wildcard was taking him out.

And then. At one point. I actually considered putting him back is as one of my rotation defs. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero given until tomorrow at 1800 BST to respond to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any news of Lamela or Gray yet?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any news of Lamela or Gray yet?

Gray had till 6pm today so nothing will happen till tomorrow probably.

Lamela looks like getting away with it at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

FHFC wrote: »
    Gray had till 6pm today so nothing will happen till tomorrow probably.

Lamela looks like getting away with it at this point.

Cheers - I think I can just about workaround that taking a hit to get Aguero & Spacecraft out and Ozil/Sanchez in along with Vardy/Benteke.

Trying to hold on to my WC for another few game weeks if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

At this rate even if Gray miraculously escaped a ban he couldn't possibly be in the right frame of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭CSF

These extensions are strange. Gray in particular given how he had ages already and is blatantly guilty. He's hardly going to plead not guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »
    These extensions are strange. Gray in particular given how he had ages already and is blatantly guilty. He's hardly going to plead not guilty.

I'd say he's going to argue the grounds for the charge. He wasn't a PL player at the time.

It's an interesting one, because if they suspend him, where do you draw the line? What if they discover that the latest 21 year old wonder kid posted something derogatory online when he was 14? Does he get banned?

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd say he's going to argue the grounds for the charge. He wasn't a PL player at the time.

It's an interesting one, because if they suspend him, where do you draw the line? What if they discover that the latest 21 year old wonder kid posted something derogatory online when he was 14? Does he get banned?
    If its still on his social media page that he is actively using then yeah he probably does. Don't wanna get into a rights and wrongs of this discussion on here tbh, merely just the timeframes of the decision and the ban, as this will obviously have an impact on price movements for the wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Little off topic but pretty soon I can see once a player turns pro the club he's with giving him a Twitter Facebook Instagram snapchat account starting him off fresh and telling him delete the old ones.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Little off topic but pretty soon I can see once a player turns pro the club he's with giving him a Twitter Facebook Instagram snapchat account starting him off fresh and telling him delete the old ones.
    Probably a smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

MrMac84 wrote: »

And in the case of Stephen Ireland, a new brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And in the case of Stephen Ireland, a new brain

No cure for stupid tho

Sunderland signing a keeper or not Pickfords days my be numbered anyway....

https://twitter.com/VitoMannone88/status/771065022613221376

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Is that all the 4m keeper options potentially gone?

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Is that all the 4m keeper options potentially gone?

Yep. Decision needed whether to stick with cheap Pullisball one keeper plan or spend a bit for DDG or possibly Cech as Arsenal habe great fixtures and a decent new CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

FHFC wrote: »
    Yep. Decision needed whether to stick with cheap Pullisball one keeper plan or spend a bit for DDG or possibly Cech as Arsenal habe great fixtures and a decent new CB.

Ya, something to consider while on WC. I ended up with only one playing keeper a lot of last season and I don't want to go down that road again!

Doesn't look like the Ruddy deal will go through so Pickford still an option until Mannone does recover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think we will be waiting a while for Jakupovic to lose his No.1 regardless if they signed David Marshall.

He has started off very well

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Doesn't look like the Ruddy deal will go through so Pickford still an option until Mannone does recover

Will reluctantly have to swap Jaku to Pickford
    No word on Kone moving either ?

km79 wrote: »
    Will reluctantly have to swap Jaku to Pickford
    No word on Kone moving either ?

Not a peep and it's pretty late now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not a peep and it's pretty late now

although S'land just did sign Denayer(CB) from City on loan. probably just to replace Kaboul mind you but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    although S'land just did sign Denayer(CB) from City on loan. probably just to replace Kaboul mind you but you never know

Kone and Denayer partnership could be decent if he ends up staying.

i think i'll be getting Kone whether he stays or not. Massive goal threat

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Djilobodji is likely to start ahead of Denayer.

Djilobodji is likely to start ahead of Denayer.

McNair and O Shea makes 5 CB's that's alot maybe there could be a late transfer deadline day twist in the tale

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

manual_man wrote: »
    McNair and O Shea makes 5 CB's that's alot maybe there could be a late transfer deadline day twist in the tale

Wow prophetic, sunderland have apparently sent in an forms for a goalkeeper. No details on name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jaggo wrote: »
    Wow prophetic, sunderland have apparently sent in an forms for a goalkeeper. No details on name.

Mika from Boavista apparently

Advertisement