Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah give over there's a huge library in particular on the RPG side of things.

Cross save is good and indies really are at home on vita. Look superb and standby mode allows perfect pick up and play.

My experience with remote play is probably over 100hrs of destiny from all over the house. You do need a good wifi signal no doubt there.
    As you say though some developers spent time on the controls. Others didn't which is a shame.

I'm with you on persona 4. Other than Final Fantasy 7 as a kid it's the first JRPG I've gotten into. 25 hours in and only scratching the surface. Lovely mix of dungeon crawling and story.

You can buy an L2R2 case which helps with classic play as you can remap to the new buttons. Check it out on playasia.

Ultimately I think it's a massively underrated system. Probably my favourite handheld ever. Definitely my most used mainly due to remote play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Ah give over there's a huge library in particular on the RPG side of things.

...and indies really are at home on vita.

I never said it didn't have a large library. I said it doesn't have a big enough library of exclusive titles and depending on your taste in games you may feel the library is a little light. I stand by that.

The OP said he's a PS3/PS4 fan. The majority of indies that are available on the Vita aren't exclusive to the system. So he may not fancy forking out for a Vita when he can already play the majority of its best titles at home. And if he's not a JRPG fan then the library could feel very small indeed.

So I'd reiterate my advice to the OP. Check out the library of games, paying particular attention to what you can't or dont want to play on another system, then see how you feel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is Resident Evil Revelations 2 a bad vita port?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

I'd buy another Vita in a heartbeat. I already have 2 of the fat ones. One hacked and one legit. Will get a slim one too soon. For you it depends on what games you are into. I'm a huge Terraria fan so it makes sense for me to have one. I also love Final Fantasy so i can play most of them on this. There's also a Dragon Quest game coming out on it soon which I have to admit I'm super excited about!

The icing on the cake for me though is Fallout 4. I play it on the Vita all the time now since I bothered to try RemotePlay. I can't believe I left it so long without trying it. Haven't played any other games remotely yet but FO4 works amazingly well. Apart from the glitch with opening containers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Decided since Henkaku came out etc to check out my vita again but i've only gone and lost the bloody charger/cable off the thing. Anyone know anywhere I can get a spare charger that isn't ebay/amazon? I seen gamestop had a 5 in 1 charger but they couldn't say whether or not the cable could be used to connect the vita to the pc as i still need to manually update it to 3.60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Bargain game for some in smith's toys.

Disney Infinity 2.0 only 5 euros for the Vita.

OK the severs for online play are getting shut down soon.

But it's a good cheap bargin for the Vita and a felling the game could end up being rare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Bargain game for some in smith's toys.

Disney Infinity 2.0 only 5 euros for the Vita.

OK the severs for online play are getting shut down soon.

But it's a good cheap bargin for the Vita and a felling the game could end up being rare

Got the PS4 starter pack for €9.99. Online servers shutting down Sept 30th it seems, need to get the online trophies before then so 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I finished Persona 4 on the weekend and am looking for another game to get my teeth into.

I looked through my backlog and one that I got a while back was Freedom Wars.

Anyone played this one?

I remember being excited about it when it was launch but was in the middle of other games at the time.

Is it an online only affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone heard of Root Letter? It sounds interesting. Only seems to be coming out in the US. I wasn't sure if there's a part of boards fir visual novels that might know more.
    http://gematsu.com/2016/06/pqube-publish-root-letter-west
    I finished Persona 4 on the weekend and am looking for another game to get my teeth into.
    Hope you enjoyed it, I was more of a fan of 3 than 4, I played P3Fes than Portable on the Vita I don't think I'd do P4 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I looked through my backlog and one that I got a while back was Freedom Wars.

Anyone played this one?

I remember being excited about it when it was launch but was in the middle of other games at the time.

Is it an online only affair?

Freedom Wars is excellent, Its a single player game but you play with other people online if you want.

Anyone heard of Root Letter? It sounds interesting. Only seems to be coming out in the US. I wasn't sure if there's a part of boards fir visual novels that might know more.
    http://gematsu.com/2016/06/pqube-publish-root-letter-west

Hope you enjoyed it, I was more of a fan of 3 than 4, I played P3Fes than Portable on the Vita I don't think I'd do P4 again.

Root letter is out in Europe on October 14th. I've played a couple of visual novels and to be honest they bore to tears :o.

• Advertisement

Root letter is out in Europe on October 14th. I've played a couple of visual novels and to be honest they bore to tear :o.
    Oh good, I thought it was US only but only had a quick look.
    What ones did you try? Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright are kinda VN and I love those but I did try that Samurai one, it starts with H (too lazy to Google), was really boring and I'm wary of them.
    I really enjoyed when Arino on GCCX played Night if the Sickle Weasel too, that was a VN about murder like Root Letter and I saw them use items in gameplay, so I thought it might Neva bit more than just reading.

Oh good, I thought it was US only but only had a quick look.
    What ones did you try? Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright are kinda VN and I love those but I did try that Samurai one, it starts with H (too lazy to Google), was really boring and I'm wary of them.
    I really enjoyed when Arino on GCCX played Night if the Sickle Weasel too, that was a VN about murder like Root Letter and I saw them use items in gameplay, so I thought it might Neva bit more than just reading.

Steins Gate and Xblaze, Steins gate is good, wasn't too keen on xBlaze though, Maybe I'll give root letter a look sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gonna pick up Root Letter when it comes out, Kadokawa are going to be doing a whole slew of these mystery games as a part of their Kadokawa Game Mystery series, From Software have a hand in this as well.

Steins Gate and Xblaze, Steins gate is good, wasn't too keen on xBlaze though, Maybe I'll give root letter a look sometime.

You should play Clannad, probably my favorite VN.

Is the psycho pass game that's being released on vita a visual novel?

Is the psycho pass game that's being released on vita a visual novel?

Yeah Mandatory Happiness is a VN, it is done by 5pb. the same people behind Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah Mandatory Happiness is a VN, it is done by 5pb. the same people behind Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head.

I loved the anime, so I may pick that up ;) also I have god eater on the way to me \o/.

Gonna pick up Root Letter when it comes out, Kadokawa are going to be doing a whole slew of these mystery games as a part of their Kadokawa Game Mystery series, From Software have a hand in this as well.
    Thanks for the reply Xenji, it just happened to show up on my phone and was curious about it. Hakuoki (the one I tried to think of in the last post) was the one I played and it didn't grab me at all and for the price of Root Lettee I was wary of I only might like it. I read it's the design by the person that did Love Plus. I remember, was so excited about the translation but never did get around to it.
    a few friends enjoyed the anime, have you played MH? If you have do you think the VN was better? Was thinking of watching the anime but thought it might be better to play the game first, I dunno if there's even a connection or anything, didn't look into it.

Thanks for the reply Xenji, it just happened to show up on my phone and was curious about it. Hakuoki (the one I tried to think of in the last post) was the one I played and it didn't grab me at all and for the price of Root Lettee I was wary of I only might like it. I read it's the design by the person that did Love Plus. I remember, was so excited about the translation but never did get around to it.
    a few friends enjoyed the anime, have you played MH? If you have do you think the VN was better? Was thinking of watching the anime but thought it might be better to play the game first, I dunno if there's even a connection or anything, didn't look into it.

Not yet, but I will be getting it, I really enjoyed both series and the movie, best thing Urobuchi was involved in besides Phantom and Fate/Zero.

You are better to watch the first series first as the game takes place during the first season, but with it has its own storyline within it with two new characters.

• Advertisement

Not yet, but I will be getting it, I really enjoyed both series and the movie, best thing Urobuchi was involved in besides Phantom and Fate/Zero.

You are better to watch the first series first as the game takes place during the first season, but with it has its own storyline within it with two new characters.
    Also have friends that are big fans of Fate/Zero. Phantom I don't know.
    Thanks for that too on MH, I'll go watch the series first. Sometimes it doesn't matter the order I've often played things backwards but I think with something very story heavy you're best to go the right way first.
    I remember only searching music on YouTube and I accidentally scrolled into the comments and read a spoiler on Persona 4, it was such a downer, so I usually prefer to just ask people rather than bump into it.

I got a new memory card under the illusion I just switch them to use 2 different region accounts. I had a check online just incase I fupped it up and it seems I've to format the Vita every time, is that true?

I got a new memory card under the illusion I just switch them to use 2 different region accounts. I had a check online just incase I fupped it up and it seems I've to format the Vita every time, is that true?

Unfortunately yes, only one account per vita unfortunately, unlike on ps4 where you can have multiple.

Unfortunately yes, only one account per vita unfortunately, unlike on ps4 where you can have multiple.
    So what is actually held on the card vs the handheld, is it saves?
    I read I do a back up to my PS3? I actually only have 1 finished save and 1 barely started, I don't think I'd miss it.
    I have Corpse Party on my EU account, I just want to get how it works before October, I'll be busting out all my Halloween games

So what is actually held on the card vs the handheld, is it saves?
    I read I do a back up to my PS3? I actually only have 1 finished save and 1 barely started, I don't think I'd miss it.
    I have Corpse Party on my EU account, I just want to get how it works before October, I'll be busting out all my Halloween games

Saves I would think, also if you download games from the store.

Saves I would think, also if you download games from the store.
    Ah serious? What a pain in the bum, I'm using mostly downloaded games. Hopefully if I back up I won't have to DL again. I should probably just get Corpse Party on my US account, a lot less hassle.
    Some stuff I read the articles were from last year or older so I just wanted to see if anything changed. Thanks Sephiroth_dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You format the vita, not the card.

So all your downloaded games are still on the cards. You don't have to redownload games/saves everytime.

That said, it's still a huge pain switching between accounts on the vita, so much so that I don't even do it.

tok9 wrote: »
    You format the vita, not the card.

So all your downloaded games are still on the cards. You don't have to redownload games/saves everytime.

That said, it's still a huge pain switching between accounts on the vita, so much so that I don't even do it.
    I knew it was the Vita itself, thanks though, haven't done it yet. Great to know I down lose my download when and if I do.
    Corpse Party is kinda expensive on the US store (I think I got 2 for €9.99 and it's $19.99 each on US PSN), I might get out thd PSP instead but the Vita is just do much nicer :P. So harm to have an extra card.
    I don't have anything else on my EU account other than that. Choices, choices...
    There's hardly much that's only on the EU shop is there, I'm mostly interested in the PS classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I knew it was the Vita itself, thanks though, haven't done it yet. Great to know I down lose my download when and if I do.
    Corpse Party is kinda expensive on the US store (I think I got 2 for €9.99 and it's $19.99 each on US PSN), I might get out thd PSP instead but the Vita is just do much nicer :P. So harm to have an extra card.
    I don't have anything else on my EU account other than that. Choices, choices...
    There's hardly much that's only on the EU shop is there, I'm mostly interested in the PS classics.

You just missed them in the sale last week. Both Corpse Party games were €3.59 each.

• Advertisement

You just missed them in the sale last week. Both Corpse Party games were €3.59 each.
    My Vita is set to US, I have both CP on my EU account, not that much more than what I paid for both last year (9.99)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement