Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

SlickRic wrote: »
    Damn you Firmino.
    My first drop.

Swap him for Mane, should make your money back there. Already swapped Firmino in for Mane when he was injured, but would have kept Mane if I knew he was only going to be missing for a game. He is on one of his streaks at the moment with Liverpool, so good time to cash in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

One of the unlikeliest pair of risers you're ever likely to see. Mkhitaryan is now at a very tempting 9.2m and quite likely to drop further.

Up: Stuani, Wanyama

Down: Mkhitaryan, Wijnaldum, Bertrand, Schlupp, Afellay, Joselu, Muniesa, Elneny, Lucas, Miazga, de Roon

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Jako and Amat have seemingly on the verge of a price rise all week, but yet to go up....maybe tonight I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mectavba wrote: »
    Jako and Amat have seemingly on the verge of a price rise all week, but yet to go up....maybe tonight I guess.

Wildcarders. You'd imagine people with 1FT aren't using it on a 4.0 bench player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mectavba wrote: »

They've been so close all week it's killing me !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Swap him for Mane, should make your money back there. Already swapped Firmino in for Mane when he was injured, but would have kept Mane if I knew he was only going to be missing for a game. He is on one of his streaks at the moment with Liverpool, so good time to cash in on it.

Same as myself. I got rid of Mane this week to get in Hazard. Hopefully it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Leko still hanging on in there, good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

8-10 wrote: »
    Wildcarders. You'd imagine people with 1FT aren't using it on a 4.0 bench player

AMATeurs possibly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Morzadec wrote: »
    Leko still hanging on in there, good man!

Any sign of him dropping tonight? Where is most accurate for tracking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Any sign of him dropping tonight? Where is most accurate for tracking it?

Fplstatistics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He's going down if they have it accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    He's going down if they have it accurate.

Both sites now predicting Andros to hold.

Fix have him dropping all day but just readjusted to 93. Fpls have him in 70s all week.

FHFC wrote: »
    Both sites now predicting Andros to hold.

Fix have him dropping all day but just readjusted to 93. Fpls have him in 70s all week.
    Would be shocked, in a very very bad way if he went down tonight. You would think him being a scout pick would have meant he actually got transfers in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote:
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.

mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Barry
    Mirallas
    Sterling
    Amat
    Negredo

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:

Berahino
    Leko
    Morrison
    Myhill
    Deeney
    Diouf
    Rhodes
    Reach
    Adomah
    Konstantopoulos
    Sagna
    Origi
    Kightly
    Callum Wilson
    Sánchez

shineon23 wrote: »
    Up:
    Barry
    Mirallas
    Sterling
    Amat
    Negredo

14 transfer guy all smug now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.

mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:

Ake
    Kompany
    J Gomez
    Deulofeu
    Ulvestad
    Sako
    Oviedo
    Kapustka
    Shaqiri
    Arnautovic
    Dier
    Llorente
    D. Sakho.

Fecking hell, no risers. Chasing risers seems so pointless with loads of wildcards in play and so few players increasing in price. Avoiding costly drops is pretty much the name of the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fecking hell, no risers. Chasing risers seems so pointless with loads of wildcards in play and so few players increasing in price. Avoiding costly drops is pretty much the name of the game now.

No risers at all damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭COH

Delofeu you ballbag :mad:

By the looks of it already rises are going to be VERY slow this week.

The three biggest nights are the Sat and Sunday at the start of the GW and the Friday before deadline. No rises last night is a very slow start.

I think people who want to accomodate the big players they don't have so far (mainly Hazard and Sanchez) will be forced to wildcard to fit in their premium price tags.

I'm even hopeful Sanchez won't rise at all this GW as I'd expect Hazard to be a bit more popular with the casual army who drive these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

By the looks of it already rises are going to be VERY slow this week.

The three biggest nights are the Sat and Sunday at the start of the GW and the Friday before deadline. No rises last night is a very slow start.

I think people who want to accomodate the big players they don't have so far (mainly Hazard and Sanchez) will be forced to wildcard to fit in their premium price tags.

I'm even hopeful Sanchez won't rise at all this GW as I'd expect Hazard to be a bit more popular with the casual army who drive these things.
    Cancel wildcard plans then?
    Had planned to chase the rises for TV but if not many forthcoming then might sit on it til GW5.

Cancel wildcard plans then?
    Had planned to chase the rises for TV but if not many forthcoming then might sit on it til GW5.

I think chasing price rises is the wrong reason to wildcard. I mean absolutely, when you wildcard, chase rises to as best as you can get them, but I don't think it should be WHY you wildcard.

If you felt your team was in need of overhaul before you read about the rises, then you should still now. If you didn't then I don't think wildcard was ever a good option.

Sometimes I think I'm wasting my time saying this. Buts let's try again.

Chasing rises on a wildcard is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I agree. I think it only works if there are not that many others using their wildcard.
    The international break is the time when a lot of people wildcard so I don't think there will be much rises. Also, people making 1/2 transfers will more than likely wait until the final week before making transfers - in case a player gets injured on international duty.

I don't think wildcard transfers are included in the price rises/drops (could be wrong). As such, the number of wildcards skews any price change predictions. Apparently there were a lot of wildcards in play for GW3

I wouldn't agree with your phrasing of that. There are about a million myths associated with chasing rises but it's not a myth in itself.

Yes, the number of rises has dropped significantly since they took wildcards out of the calculation, but you could still be looking at .2 or .3 added value to your team. That could be the difference between the 6.5 striker who has done nowt, or being able to stretch your budget to Negredo. The little things.

I've played my wildcard on a week that looks poorly placed for price rises which shows you how much stock I place in chasing .2s nowadays but that won't stop me trying to eek out that extra .1 or .2 wherever I can so I can sign the form players instead of having to settle to what were their price equivalents at the start of the season.

I wouldn't agree with your phrasing of that. There are about a million myths associated with chasing rises but it's not a myth in itself.

Yes, the number of rises has dropped significantly since they took wildcards out of the calculation, but you could still be looking at .2 or .3 added value to your team. That could be the difference between the 6.5 striker who has done nowt, or being able to stretch your budget to Negredo. The little things.

I've played my wildcard on a week that looks poorly placed for price rises which shows you how much stock I place in chasing .2s nowadays but that won't stop me trying to eek out that extra .1 or .2 wherever I can so I can sign the form players instead of having to settle to what were their price equivalents at the start of the season.

Was a quick post so I didn't go into explaining it fully (again).

Yes it is very possible to significantly increase your team budget for the rest of the season by playing the wildcard probably around GW3 to GW5.

But when the poster was talking about chasing rises I was taking it they meant chasing players who would rise 0.2 in the week to bank resale value. And this is a myth. It just doesn't happen to the extent to be in any way a significant factor.

The gains are 80 if not 90% from dodging the raindrops in the deluge of price drops and getting key players in at their starting price or close to it. And the very few players that do go up twice in the GW are usually the same ones. For example Hazard is one of the few (possibly the only) potential 0.2 rises this week. But he is in the later category, a key form player you need to get, so you're not gaining there from chasing his 0.2 rise, you are gaining by getting him for at least 0.2 less than somebody who is forced to wait.

The only realy way to bank resale is to get on the bandwagons in each price range (e.g. Negredo picking up huge transfers from Gray will see him rise a lot) and keep for 2 or 3 weeks min to get a bankable 0.2 or 0.3 by the time you need rid.

I'm probably waiting till next week as I have been fortunte to have the key men in from the start and have havmd very few droppers to dodge. That's meant missing the likes of Negredo as a value builder, and have also missed a rise on Shaw but can go for Valencia.

I agree with pretty much all of what you say except how you phrase it. I definitely wouldn't view an extra 0.2/3 onto my team as being mythical. Makes a big difference at the early stage when you get the guy who has earned himself from a 6.5 to a 6.6, 8.5 to 8.6 etc through good form.

I agree with pretty much all of what you say except how you phrase it. I definitely wouldn't view an extra 0.2/3 onto my team as being mythical. Makes a big difference at the early stage when you get the guy who has earned himself from a 6.5 to a 6.6, 8.5 to 8.6 etc through good form.

I'd be amazed if there was 0.2 or 0.3 to be made on players you don't want to keep in your team any of these early wildcard weeks.

People still widely see adding considerably more than 0.2 or 0.3 to their RV as a factor in wildcarding when in fact 0.3 would be a rare achievement. So while it may be dramatizing it slightly I think the common belief is so far from the reality that calling it a myth is justified. It challenges those misconceptions strongly and generates discussion. Like this! ;)

I'd be amazed if there was 0.2 or 0.3 to be made on players you don't want to keep in your team any of these early wildcard weeks.

People still widely see adding considerably more than 0.2 or 0.3 to their RV as a factor in wildcarding when in fact 0.3 would be a rare achievement. So while it may be dramatizing it slightly I think the common belief is so far from the reality that calling it a myth is justified. It challenges those misconceptions strongly and generates discussion. Like this! ;)
    Referring to your stats .2 or .3 is fairly doable at this time of year. I'm going for it on a bad week but I think depending on the week, you'll usually see 2 or 3.

• Advertisement

Referring to your stats .2 or .3 is fairly doable at this time of year. I'm going for it on a bad week but I think depending on the week, you'll usually see 2 or 3.

You just wont IMO and according to the stats to date.

2 to 3 double risers would be about the norm. 4 was the max in any GW over the last 2 years. An the guys rising twice are highly likely to be the Hazards who you'll be keeping anyway.

The GWs with two Fridays give you a much better chance. And if you happened to have a low ownership cheap player or two who hit form that week you might have a chance.

Advertisement