Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Automobilista Motorsports Simulator

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

EARLY ACCESS THIS WEKEND!!!! to all owners of SCE

Beta available to level 2 backers earlier this week, but its a very polished beta just lacking some tracks and cars not quite ready yet.
    Anyone who owns Stock Car Extreme will gain access to early access from this weekend.

Heres an update about one of the new featured series the SuperTrucks from reiza`s physics genius Neils.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Its in my library but there's no way of installing it that I can see.

Not released this this evening I believe.

Renato Simoni (Reiza):

"Sorry guys but we might not be able to get this out today as we´d planned Took us a bit longer than expected to get the build uploaded and Valve has changed their approval processes so it´s unlikely they will get it greenlit before next week (they don´t approve during or allow releases on saturday or sunday).

We´re pushing hard to try still get it cleared but I´d like to prepare you for the fact we may not, in which case I offer you my apologies for getting this wrong."

• Advertisement

Been playing the hell out of this and wow just wow.
    My new favourite racing sim and it cost me nothing because I own SCE :) (I did throw a few quid at the crowd funding however)
    Physics and force feedback are fantastic.

I thought there would be more interest in this here :)

Available on steam with 20% off until march 7th !
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600

Quck vid of the new rallycross series which really does a better job of it that dirt rally.

Some Formula Classic when F1 was Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Have to agree, it's bloody awesome. I've been hammering it all day today, stock cars are marvellous. Haven't even tried anything else yet! Superb.

Ah it just gets better and better the more I play it.
    I love Assetto Corsa but this has to be my favourite now.
    Such a huge amount of content backed up by a superb physics engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this likely to ever be available for the PS4?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is this likely to ever be available for the PS4?

I haven't heard any mention of it but you never know, we never thought we would see assetto corsa on console but its coming.

It would be great if a wider audience could enjoy it,it really is exceptional already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone playing this?

The graphics aren't so good as AC but in my opinion the simulation is more on point than AC. The sim community seems to have picked up on this also so no doubt it will grow.

Anyone playing this?

The graphics aren't so good as AC but in my opinion the simulation is more on point than AC. The sim community seems to have picked up on this also so no doubt it will grow.

Thread about it just below.

Quite possibly the best physics of any sim to date.
    Ive been a backer since day one on the strength of Stock Car Extreme and Formula Trucks, Reizas other sims, only this weekend they upgraded me to the next tier of backer as a thankyou for support, these guys are up there with the best devs in terms of talent and respect for their community.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057570494

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Doh sorry, didnt look hard enough. Thought there would be more posts about it tbh. Can you merge the threads?

Doh sorry, didnt look hard enough. Thought there would be more posts about it tbh. Can you merge the threads?

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Those Baja trucks could be great craic altogether.

They are insanely hard to drive and even harder to navigate jumps, check this vid out to see what I mean.

• Advertisement

Talk and Drive with drive physics God Niels.

In my opinion the best physics engine out there,sim nerds like me need to play this.
    Constant updates from a devoted and passionate dev team.

TURN UP THAT SOUND !!!

Just a couple of random vids i saw posted on RD racetube,they gie a good idea of the amazing physics of Automobilista.

Been playing a lot of the Brit Pack beta ,superb quality once again, as an early backer I get all content free :D
    All cars included are great fun but I really love the MCR sports 2000.

Brit Pack DLC released.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/automobilista-v1-1-and-brit-pack-released.127408/

I don't understand why more in our small community here have not tried this.
    Quite simply the best Physics and force feedback of any sim out there,tonnes of content,a dev team with real passion which includes the physics God Niels Heusinkveld.

No surprise when the top pro simracing teams use this as their sim of choice nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Just realised my archaic system might be able to run it.

Im guessing assetto corsa has better graphics and detail in the cars and tracks?
    Not that its that important,
    Also the tracks are probably more accurate in Assetto due them heavily investing in laser scanning?

I guess people go to assetto because they want more authentic cars than stock cars.

You say the physics are much better but i wonder how actual real world supercars would compare between both sims in terms of physics?

Im really loving the attention to detail in assetto, i guess i need to dive into this and compare them.

My initial view is that they're both trying to do something different though.

Not sure what you mean by stock cars?
    It has everything from 67 F1 cars to modern GT and F1 cars and everything in between

Graphics are not as nice as AC ofcourse but imo AC relies on post processing effects too much, stuff looks more natural in AMS imo but for eye candy AC looks better for sure.

You really need to try AMS physics and FFB,it really is exceptional.
    Im not saying they are much better than AC but they are better.
    I love both sims,i bought into both at early access stage :)

AC ofcourse has laser scanned tracks but in real terms there is not much difference, I honestly think laser scanning tracks is overated having once being a big fan I don't see the point now when you look how good no laser scanned ones are,take F1 2016 to me its tracks are every bit as impressive as AC or iracing `s laser scanned tracks.
    Reiza did however laser scan tracks for the Brit pack DLC.

Playing the new DLC and wow!!! even better than the beta.

Game patched also,

Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
    Added Radio Spotter feature
    Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
    Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
    Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
    Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
    Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
    Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
    DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
    Updated vehicle shaders
    Added new batch of community drivers
    F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
    Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
    Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
    SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

AMS weak point if it has any is its graphics but the new shaders make a huge difference, looks superb now.

Checkout the mini challenge series at Cadwell park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is definitely on my to buy list, I'll probably wait until I can organise getting a new wheel though.

Advertisement