Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concerned about WW2 Airsofting and customs

Options
  • 24-08-2016 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Right this is my first post so please forgive any mistakes I make
    I'm a pretty big WW2 history fan and I was going to get a piece or two of Waffen-SS repo gear from this site called Hessen Antiques
    I'm pretty sure a camo smock would survive airport customs but here's the thing that has me worried
    I was going to get a German related flag to hang over this gear (have it narrowed down between either the regular swatstika, the national war flag with the cross or an SS flag
    This stuff is a pretty penny shipping included and I really don't want to shell out this money only to have it stopped at the airport and then me being put on a watchlist or something
    Is there any possible way to get around this issue? Could I order a Soviet Union flag at the same time to confuse them? It would be arriving from America if that helps.
    Thank you for reading

BTW: No I'm not a Nazi and I don't condone any acts of evil committed by them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

I dont think customs here are too pushed by Nazi Germany gear like other countries might be. The only issue I would say from bringing anything from the states is that you will be hit with customs fees and duty on the goods unless they are under a certain value usually about 50 quid and that includes the shipping cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Calcium_ORB

Thanks for the info I couldn't find anything about this problem anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

If you want to be doubly sure check with one of the renactment or collector groups around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

There is a military show on this weekend in Dublin where you could pick up most of that stuff, no need to worry about importing it!!

Advertisement