Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ATTENTION Luke "Sun Is Burning" Kelly Fans!

• 25-07-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

Kels aka kellyoneill has started this amazing site:
    http://lukesisle.webs.com/
    "Song for Ireland" will start playing immediatly though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Why did you put "sun is burning" in his name. Its not like there are two Luke Kellys.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

fh041205 wrote: »
    Why did you put "sun is burning" in his name. Its not like there are two Luke Kellys.....

Ah ha, but if you watch the Luke Kelly documentary, 'Luke' some bozo says that he was known as "Luke 'Sun Is Burning' Kelly"...which I'm not sure was ever actually the case but it sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

Ah ha, but if you watch the Luke Kelly documentary, 'Luke' some bozo says that he was known as "Luke 'Sun Is Burning' Kelly"...which I'm not sure was ever actually the case but it sounds good.

This.:) And if I remember correctly, it also says so at some point in Des Geraghty's book "Luke Kelly: A Memoir".
    Anyway, just wanted to spread the word about Kels' site a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Kellyoneill is a credit to irish music.. the amount of songs and videos he has uploaded to youtube is great. Mainly of Luke and the Dubliners but still, he is teh shiz

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

neil_hosey wrote: »
    Kellyoneill is a credit to irish music.. the amount of songs and videos he has uploaded to youtube is great. Mainly of Luke and the Dubliners but still, he is teh shiz

Yep. Kels is a 'she' though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Ah I see. Very interesting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

neil_hosey wrote: »

Indeed. Kelly O' Neill posted the video of Luke Kelly singing The Patriot Game (even if it does have some German translation over it). Give everything to get a proper recording of that.

I've been meaning to set up a similar channel, but my connection is so slow here..

If someone wants to suggest to Kelly that she go to www.dot.tk she can get a free redirection domain like www.lukekelly.tk etc.. Might be easier for folks to remember.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Shadowdancer

Well done girl.
    I hope this venture gets the support it deserves. Our finest Son.

Shadowdancer

Yep. Kels is a 'she' though.:)

A girl!!! :eek: :pac:

cool.. fairly play to her either way! anytime i need a song i go straight to her page!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thetwangman

The "bozo" in question was the author of "The Sun Is Burning", Ian Campbell. http://www.brumbeat.net/iancampb.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

This was broadcast tonight on RTE 1. Great show, great voice.:)

really enjoyed it..

it definately painted a different side to Luke. Really got inside him. Was a welcome change...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The "bozo" in question was the author of "The Sun Is Burning", Ian Campbell. http://www.brumbeat.net/iancampb.htm

My apologies, I thought it was that bozo Phil Coulter that said it, but thinkin back on it, you're right it was the great scottish folk artist Ian Campbell, who now lives in Kilkenny I believe. He does not deserve to be called a bozo...

999/112 wrote: »
    This was broadcast tonight on RTE 1. Great show, great voice.:)

I agree. If we want to see more stuff like this i'd really recommend emailing RTE and showing them your support for this kind of content! They seem to show very little Irish Music stuff, but maybe I'm just being greedy...

info@rte.ie

• Indeed. Kelly O' Neill posted the video of Luke Kelly singing The Patriot Game (even if it does have some German translation over it). Give everything to get a proper recording of that.

Have you ever found the proper version?

You're going back a bit there, Edison Cold Selflessness! Can't believe this thread is 7 years old...

I think I have an audio recording of this, would that interest you?

• You're going back a bit there, Edison Cold Selflessness! Can't believe this thread is 7 years old...

I think I have an audio recording of this, would that interest you?

Yes, that would be amazing!

Advertisement