Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Most be flipping mad to be contimplating a double transfer 1 game into the GW, just to beat a rise, and a drop!

I don't think so, I think cash is going to be a lot tighter than last year when you have expensive options that may end up essential (obviously we're only a week in so that remains to be seen!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Guess you will!

Hazard & Martial sucked alot of my midfield cash but i want Tekkers so sacrifice will have to be made but it's a tough task.

I'm happy with the balance of 2 player for 18m or so and 2 cheaper for 12 or 13m plus a 4.5.

Cheap as chips at the back. Thats where I'll want to upgrade slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Is Tadic falling tonight? One of the sites only has him at 50% - everyone's gone mad tearing up their teams for Zlatan

Btw lads. Its worth noting that FFFIX price preditions are based on rate of transfers per hour, so at peak times for transfers like this evening the predicted change time can be temporarily distorted.

E.g. a player on 60 or 70% whonis getting a lot of transfers in or out that particular hour can be predicted to rise/fall tonight but when the dust settles and his rate/hr slackens it can revert to 2d.

E.g. Townsend has already gone back from predicted to drop tomorrow to 2d+.

If mulling over the WC have a look at it in an hour or so as the predictions might have calmed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benteke looked like getting back from a drop last night last time i looked but he went down.

Anyone over 75% at this stage is under threat.

• Advertisement

Benteke looked like getting back from a drop last night last time i looked but he went down.

Anyone over 75% at this stage is under threat.

True. You also have to factor in the early season inaccuracy.

Last season though I wildcarded GW3 as they were lit up like a Christmas tree with rises and drops and half of them didn't happen. Still turned out well in the end though.

Earlier i counted over 100 predicted to drop tonight and now its around 88.

100 was always going to be ott really but for me with 4 likely threatening to drop in one night was just too risky.

Vardy looks a cert with Tadic as well plus the also rans who will be plenty.

100 was always going to be ott really but for me with 4 likely threatening to drop in one night was just too risky.

Vardy looks a cert with Tadic as well plus the also rans who will be plenty.

If I was you I'd 100% be wildcarding.

There might be others more borderline.

I was fully expecting to be but the price trends couldn't be much better for my team. It's not out of the question by the end of the week if someone I want looks like going up 0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    If I was you I'd 100% be wildcarding.

There might be others more borderline.

I was fully expecting to be but the price trends couldn't be much better for my team. It's not out of the question by the end of the week if someone I want looks like going up 0.2

I just done Vardy to Ibra & Fuchs to McAuley ( 2 FT's)

Have Gray & Tadic in my team... Would you still wildcard? Do you think both will drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Can I get a prediction from the 2 of ye please regarding Gradle to drop or not?
    Some great stuff from you two there.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I just done Vardy to Ibra & Fuchs to McAuley ( 2 FT's)

Have Gray & Tadic in my team... Would you still wildcard? Do you think both will drop?

I think both will drop. If I was looking at a swing of 0.4 or 0.5 in value I'd be gone. These fluctuations don't happen at other times. Next 2 to 3 weeks will define your team value.

I'm just trying to decide whether to let Vardy drop 0.1....hate transferring before players have played.

ElTel wrote: »
    Can I get a prediction from the 2 of ye please regarding Gradle to drop or not?
    Some great stuff from you two there.

Opinion only. Hes only 67% on Fpls and slowed to 1.2%/hr on Fix. Not a cert to drop but very possible. 60/40 for dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Think I'm going to hold Gray for one more day - hope to god he holds - any opinions on my chances?

I know I'm bringing in Benteke but will have to take a hit so need to wait to see who to get rid of and will there be any injuries/suspensions to factor in after tomorrow.

Opinion only. Hes only 67% on Fpls and slowed to 1.2%/hr on Fix. Not a cert to drop but very possible. 60/40 for dropping.

Cheers. Holding atm.
    What was max changes in a week last season? 40ish

ElTel wrote: »
    Cheers. Holding atm.
    What was max changes in a week last season? 40ish

Max rises 26 or so. Average drops 58ish but average of 129 in these next weeks.

http://fantasyfootballpundits.com/early-season-fpl-price-change-trends-and-implications-for-wildcard-strategy/

Think I'm going to hold Gray for one more day - hope to god he holds - any opinions on my chances?

I know I'm bringing in Benteke but will have to take a hit so need to wait to see who to get rid of and will there be any injuries/suspensions to factor in after tomorrow.

He's likely to drop imo but you've a chance. 70/30 maybe.

He's likely to drop imo but you've a chance. 70/30 maybe.

Cheers can absorb it as Benteke is 6.9. Be nice to make 0.1 at this stage of the season too.

Cheers can absorb it as Benteke is 6.9. Be nice to make 0.1 at this stage of the season too.

Tekkers is 7.4

Tekkers is 7.4

So YOUR not giving predictions I see.:D

Tekkers is 7.4

Oh yeah sorry mixed up there - anyway as he's dropped I'll still be able get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Rises : Coutinho, Lallana, Ibrahimovic, Redmond, Lamela

Falls : Wilshere, Iwobi, Asano, Cuadrado, Loftus-Cheek, Coleman, Okazaki, Markovic, Origi, Zabaleta, Mangala, Denayer, Nasri, Fernando, Nolito, P.Jones, Rojo, Borthwick-Jackson, Depay, Young, Schweinsteiger, Tadic, Clasie, J.Rodriguez, Lens, N.Taylor, Chadli, N'Jie, Lambert, Feghouli

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gray escaped the drop, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nolito dropped? Yay.

Fantasy Footie Fix were predicting 88 rises at around midnight. 30 actual drops just over an hour later.

The were also predicting a raft of rises. Don't have the figure. Meanwhile FPL Statistics predicted only 9 rises. Their top 4 were correct...Ibra, Couts, Lamela and Lallana. Then they had Capoue and Collins wrong. Redmond was 7th in their list and rose. Hazard and Diomonde didn't.

FPL Statistics more reliable for me. Unfortunately didn't screen shot their drop preditions but on sheer volume they were way closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The talk of potential risers/fallers last night made me pull the trigger on ibra/capou/wilson in and grey/silva/pieters out for a 4 point hit.

Turned out only ibra rose and grey/silva held but think it was still time to get aboard the ibra bandwagon that i was set against at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Delighted Vardy held. Nolito and Tadic both falling makes them more tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any risk of Holding going up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Closer to a drop than a rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Gray escaped the drop, get in!

... And scored, assisted and 1-bonused! Get feckin' in!!!

Lavillenie-kino-616.jpg

Capoue, Agueroooooooooooooooooo, Diomandé.

yohann-diniz-rio-2016-720x401.jpg

Gabriel, Mané, Ulloa, Vardy, Robles, Wickham, Cabaye, McArthur, Rémy, Kennedy, Mousset, Xhaka, Fosu-Mensah, Sané, Aina, Grujic, Son, Lloris, Van der Hoorn, Long, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan, Martina, Maguire, Mason, Niasse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I have Aguero Kun Vardy.

Going to somebody like Benteke in the third spot and I'll feel like a millionaire in midfield. :D

Wait a minute, how'd you pick Sergio twice?

Advertisement