Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Chips / Wildcard Strategy 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Marc Wilson, Amat two playing 4.0 really does set up the GW3 Wildcard perfectly.

Yup. I may try to hold till GW4 as I'm broadly happy with the team. But if there are a few bandwagons up or down this after this weekend I may go for it.

As well as the team value point another pro of the early WC is allowing you to get in the correct cheapies like these, which couldn't be predicted for GW1 and therefore have the structure of your team right to allow flexibility in filling the more expensive spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Yup. I may try to hold till GW4 as I'm broadly happy with the team. But if there are a few bandwagons up or down this after this weekend I may go for it.

As well as the team value point another pro of the early WC is allowing you to get in the correct cheapies like these, which couldn't be predicted for GW1 and therefore have the structure of your team right to allow flexibility in filling the more expensive spots.
    I have Amat already and will be holding out till 4 anyway
    Who knows Swansea could sign another CB before window closes ! 3 is a week too early IMO to save probably .1 on Wilson
    In other news I'm getting way too tempted to play Bench Boost this weekend as I have 15 starters
    Current bench is jaku Capoue friend and either Gerryd/kone/Amat !
    I played it too early last year though and only got 8 points

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That is why I'll likely wildcard to get those correct cheapies and Ibra in. Fairly sure im going to stick with 352 as well with plenty options available in midfield.

Amat,Wilson, Friend for 12.5 allows two higher priced like Stones and Valencia/Baines without too much compromise elsewhere.

That is why I'll likely wildcard to get those correct cheapies and Ibra in. Fairly sure im going to stick with 352 as well with plenty options available in midfield.

Amat,Wilson, Friend for 12.5 allows two higher priced like Stones and Valencia/Baines without too much compromise elsewhere.

Yeh we will ALL have Amat, Wilson and Friend by GW4!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone got stats on how much BB was worth on average last year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Marc Wilson, Amat two playing 4.0 really does set up the GW3 Wildcard perfectly.
    Do we reckon Wilson'll play?

GW4 is probably the best time to wildcard if ya can hold out, gives you a gameweek after the window closes to see who's keeping their place etc.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Do we reckon Wilson'll play?

GW4 is probably the best time to wildcard if ya can hold out, gives you a gameweek after the window closes to see who's keeping their place etc.

I'd be fairly certain he will, Howe already speaking of his experience etc.

The Vardy & Ibra price rise and fall senario is a big factor in my WC plans. Players like Wilson can give me 0.5 more to play with and absorb a rise or fall either way. Vardy holding his price would be a massive plus but if he blanks v Arsenal he will drop quickly.

Actually. Another this in favour of the GW3 Wildcard is that there could be more price changes in GW3.

Because the GW deadline is tomorrow evening the 'Friday rush' transfers and resulting price changes that would normally have been GW2 price changes will be in GW3, which will then get another Friday night rush at the end of the GW.

That's a pretty big factor tbh and one i never considered. Tonight then is the last night of fearing changes.

Just need a 5.5 to rear its profitable head now.

Benteke at 7.5 makes these 4.0 essential now.

Love, Wilson, Amat are all going to be in my WC Squad.

• Advertisement

With a bit of luck Benteke will be 7.4 by the time the move is complete.

With a bit of luck Benteke will be 7.4 by the time the move is complete.

I doubt it, he is rising on hourly transfers already.

I doubt it, he is rising on hourly transfers already.

Crap. He was cruising toward a drop last time I checked.

Crap. He was cruising toward a drop last time I checked.

78.4% towards one he was, at 76.4% now, impatient a holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Love nailed on to start every game do we think?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is Love nailed on to start every game do we think?

Hopefully so, we will see over next two games.

Hopefully so, we will see over next two games.

I don't think any of those 4.0s could be called nailed yet.

Wilson the closest IMO. Howe said he may put him straight in thie weekend and has talked up his experience.
    Amat: Guidolin said he's looking for a central defender before transfer deadline.
    Kingsley: He also said its a close battle between Kingsley and N Taylor for that spot.
    Love: Paddy McNair and Billy Jones who's due back from injury shortly can play there too.

I think going with more than Wilson plus one other is highly risky for a GW3 wildcard.

There isn't really any other way to fit Kin, Ibra and Tekkers in without two at least if I want to hold premium mids x2.

Guess it will require some further analysis of the options.

There isn't really any other way to fit Kin, Ibra and Tekkers in without two at least if I want to hold premium mids x2.

Guess it will require some further analysis of the options.

I'm all for it but the cold hard facts are not with us. Yet.

I'm all for it but the cold hard facts are not with us. Yet.

Hopefully all is a little clearer after this gameweek.

• Advertisement

Hopefully all is a little clearer after this gameweek.

Yeah. But you need to commit to the wildcard after one game. Sounds like you are set on it but if unsure the Friday match doesn't help. :(

Yeah. But you need to commit to the wildcard after one game. Sounds like you are set on it but if unsure the Friday match doesn't help. :(

Zlatan rising tonight does pose problems if it happens as that could cost me a premium defender like Stones to cover the 0.1 extra which is in reality 0.5.

If he rises and blanks then the risk it merchant in me could hold fire....

Of the 11 predicted risers on FIX I have 5. I may get in Lamela rather than Siggy giving me 6.

That may allow me to keep the WC till GW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Similar here with 4.

Hazard in there is worrying as my potential move this week is Gray to Benteke and Mahrez to Hazard but I won't make the moves til after all matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't think any of those 4.0s could be called nailed yet.

Wilson the closest IMO. Howe said he may put him straight in thie weekend and has talked up his experience.
    Amat: Guidolin said he's looking for a central defender before transfer deadline.
    Kingsley: He also said its a close battle between Kingsley and N Taylor for that spot.
    Love: Paddy McNair and Billy Jones who's due back from injury shortly can play there too.

I think going with more than Wilson plus one other is highly risky for a GW3 wildcard.

My mate that supports Swansea was saying last night that Amat is playing well so he could keep his place and Fernandes could be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

On a thought for future chips, etc. Instead of the AOA which is typically a load of s***e, how about this?

Being able to hold a defenders points during a GW.

For example, it's 61 minutes in on the 3pm kick offs and 3 of your defenders & goalkeeper are all on clean sheets. You've the option to bank these CS for one week only in case there are a few late goals, yellow or red cards. Would benefit the serious players and the casuals would really be gambling during one week.

Any thoughts? (Offline to enjoy the Manchester Derby now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Absolutely no chance that would happen.

It wouldn't be fair on thoss who are unable to watch matches live due to time zones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'm going All Out Attack this week. Front 8 all have nice fixtures...
    Hazard - Liverpool (H)
    Pamela - Sunderland (H)
    Mahrez - Burnley (H)
    Antonio - West Brom (A) but too good form to leave on the bench
    Redmond - Swansea (H)
    Ibrahimovic - Watford (A)
    Lukaku - Middlesborough (H)
    Benteke - Stoke (H)

Will have to downgrade one to get Aguero back next week and no guarantee I'll get a strong front 8 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think I'm going All Out Attack this week. Front 8 all have nice fixtures...
    Hazard - Liverpool (H)
    Pamela - Sunderland (H)
    Mahrez - Burnley (H)
    Antonio - West Brom (A) but too good form to leave on the bench
    Redmond - Swansea (H)
    Ibrahimovic - Watford (A)
    Lukaku - Middlesborough (H)
    Benteke - Stoke (H)

Will have to downgrade one to get Aguero back next week and no guarantee I'll get a strong front 8 back.

Hopefully it doesn't go tits up for you.

• Advertisement

On an aside. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep my AOA chip for GW38.

Had a few defensive crises lately and can't bring myself to use it with only Capoue to come in.

Thinking come end of season can drop defence down over last couple of weeks, maybe with a couple of non players, and load a strong front 8 with players with good motivation and fixtures for the often high scoring GW38.

Worth a shot and think I'm gonna ignore this chip till then. Would be a stylish way to win a league too! :D

Advertisement