Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Anyone else enter the Bohemians league. I've paid my money and got no communication from the organiser and I haven't been added to the league.

Did you email bohsfantasy@gmail.com for the league code (message to this effect would have come up after you paid HM).?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nope, I clicked the FB link on his crappy website but it gave me some error. So I'm not in group

Right lads, lets get after this bollix. Hopefully can get into another league if it falls thru. He can't be stupid enough to think he's just gonna fcuk off with everyone's money though can he??

@K33GSY by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Right lads, lets get after this bollix. Hopefully can get into another league if it falls thru. He can't be stupid enough to think he's just gonna fcuk off with everyone's money though can he??

@K33GSY by the way...

What's our course of action? I requested refund through PayPal but no response as expected. I have protected tweets so can't do much on that end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

zarquon wrote: »
    Has anyone in the Fantasy Premier League cash league run by kevin moss partaken in previous years? I don't like the way he closed his group this morning and stated he can no longer post about the league finances due to gambling laws. This was after he pulled in record money which was well over £2k.

The timing is suspicious on the league start so i have a concern he is doing a runner with the money but if others can vouch for him it would put my mind at ease

Edit: He has removed all mention of prizes from his website and updated to say the league is only for fun and bragging rights.

I doubt its possible to get my money back but the whole thing is dodgy. Its amazing he could take money up until last night but as soon as FPL starts suddenly he is hit with gambling restrictions It stinks but is a warning that any league operater could do a runner at any time with funds so its important to exercise carefulness and diligence when choosing leagues

I also see thornhill legends have overnight, deleted all tweets related to the league!

Havent been following this thread but I know someone of that name (guy I know should be legit but I never knew of him being involved with FPL). Where is it based?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

https://www.facebook.com/MOSSKEV

There you are guys, thats him. And I know its him because of this post:
    https://www.facebook.com/FIFA17beta/posts/10155011945945961

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jamesozzie wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/MOSSKEV

There you are guys, thats him. And I know its him because of this post:
    https://www.facebook.com/FIFA17beta/posts/10155011945945961

Not the guy I know, phew!

His eyes are quite far apart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

What's our course of action? I requested refund through PayPal but no response as expected. I have protected tweets so can't do much on that end

Same problem. He didn't release refund to me so he is trying to keep funds against players will. It might work out ok but the guy is clearly an ass that can't run a league properly so I would prefer to be out. I don't trust him to pay out prizes at the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Came across a free entry league run by a well known UK business with almost £3000 in cash prizes with only 40 members!!

The caveat is UK residents only so if you are a UK resident with at least 100 posts in this forum, PM me for the code.

Please do not PM if you don't meet the criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I have been in this league for the last 4 years, prizes were always paid out in the end. I'm in the Facebook group as well so that is where I've seen the small delays on occasion.

What is going on now in the Facebook group is a joke, he seems to be suggesting that the league goes ahead as is and payment will be made in "services" at the end of the season, whatever that is supposed to mean. The guy doesn't seem to be too bothered about all his entrants that paid up in good faith and thats the worry here.

Only saving grace is that the mini league is still there, if the plan all along was to do a runner I would have expected the league to be deleted already.

Let's see what happens over next couple of days.....

zarquon wrote: »
    Has anyone in the Fantasy Premier League cash league run by kevin moss partaken in previous years? I don't like the way he closed his group this morning and stated he can no longer post about the league finances due to gambling laws. This was after he pulled in record money which was well over £2k.

The timing is suspicious on the league start so i have a concern he is doing a runner with the money but if others can vouch for him it would put my mind at ease

Edit: He has removed all mention of prizes from his website and updated to say the league is only for fun and bragging rights.

I doubt its possible to get my money back but the whole thing is dodgy. Its amazing he could take money up until last night but as soon as FPL starts suddenly he is hit with gambling restrictions It stinks but is a warning that any league operater could do a runner at any time with funds so its important to exercise carefulness and diligence when choosing leagues

I also see thornhill legends have overnight, deleted all tweets related to the league!

That fella seems to be getting it sorted. He has replied to me via messanger in fairness. I think he's just a bit of an eedgit.

Seems to have got some kind of tug from some regulatory body or other after some rather naive public promoting of the league (including looking for advertising on the web page) and crapped himself and handled it pretty stupidly.

I think they will come good.

• Advertisement

Hackers wrote: »
    I have been in this league for the last 4 years, prizes were always paid out in the end. I'm in the Facebook group as well so that is where I've seen the small delays on occasion.

What is going on now in the Facebook group is a joke, he seems to be suggesting that the league goes ahead as is and payment will be made in "services" at the end of the season, whatever that is supposed to mean. The guy doesn't seem to be too bothered about all his entrants that paid up in good faith and thats the worry here.

Only saving grace is that the mini league is still there, if the plan all along was to do a runner I would have expected the league to be deleted already.

Let's see what happens over next couple of days.....

They seemed to be suggesting that the payouts be disguised as payments for services as in they give you the cash and say its for you cutting his lawn. Really silly stuff. All he needs to do is fob off whoever was onto him, take it out of the public domain and get on with it.

Which I think he is slowly realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lol, he deleted me from the league after I disputed on PayPal. Sent him an email saying either refund me or reinstate me if he's actually going to pay out

Lol, he deleted me from the league after I disputed on PayPal. Sent him an email saying either refund me or reinstate me if he's actually going to pay out

He's posted a prize breakdown on the Facebook and is communicating with me and Zarquon there with no aggro.

On the upside, the level of silliness on display bodes well for the standard of their league! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hope to set up our CL fundraiser over the international break will set up a thread early next week for it. I never got to enter the McMillan league but we can all play our part in our own competition.

Hope to set up our CL fundraiser over the international break will set up a thread early next week for it. I never got to enter the McMillan league but we can all play our part in our own competition.

Happy to do any spreadsheetey admin.

FHFC wrote: »
    Happy to do any spreadsheetey admin.

I came up with the idea. You can do the rest ha.

I came up with the idea. You can do the rest ha.

I'd suggest we get somebody to collate the scores for each group like before.

I can set up a google sheet so they can access and fill them in. Hopefully get one sorted that does the league tables automatically.

There's a lot happening in the Finn Harps Pay League this season.

First prize winner will be confirmed this weekend.

Week
    3 Monthly Prize - August
    4 Cup 1st Round
    5 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1
    6 Monthly Prize - September
    7 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 2
    8 Cup 2nd round
    9 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 3
    10 Monthly Prize - October
    11 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 4
    12 Cup 3rd Round
    13 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 5 / Monthly Prize - November
    15 Champions League Group Stage Matchday 6
    16 Cup 4th Round
    17 Xmas Week 1
    18 Xmas Week 2
    19 Xmas Week 3 / Monthly Prize - December
    20 Xmas Week 4
    21 Champions League Round of 32 1st Leg
    22 Cup 5th Round
    23 Champions League Round of 32 2nd Leg / Monthly Prize - January
    24 Cup 6th Round
    25 Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg
    26 Monthly Prize February
    27 Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg
    28 Cup Quarter-Final
    29 Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg / Monthly Prize March
    31 Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
    32 Cup Semi-Final
    33 Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
    35 Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg / Monthly Prize April
    36 Cup Final
    37 Champions League Final
    38 Final Gameweek / Monthly Prize May

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Stupid question. How does the champions league work?

Stupid question. How does the champions league work?

It just like aby other just cup. H2H vs whoever you're drawn against.

But format like the Champions League. Group stages then 2 legged knockouts.

64 teams. Winners takes all €1,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone else get nothing from the Bohemians league. Paid up in time. Emailed them and got nothing so emailed again yesterday and still nothing. I haven't been added to the league at all.

Anyone else get nothing from the Bohemians league. Paid up in time. Emailed them and got nothing so emailed again yesterday and still nothing. I haven't been added to the league at all.

Pm missing links you will get sorted.

I'm not doing the administration this year Honey Monster...but with the integrity of the Bohs league at stake I popped into the PayPal account and verified that you had paid (many thanks).I proceeded at pace to the Gmail account and your email of yesterday was the only one unopened (there was no other email from you..I checked spam just in case).I have just there sent you the league code.Best of luck in it.

I'm saying a little prayer that the lads doing the administration haven't closed the league!!(if they have I'll get them to open it again).PM me if you encounter any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

I'm not doing the administration this year Honey Monster...but with the integrity of the Bohs league at stake I popped into the PayPal account and verified that you had paid (many thanks).I proceeded at pace to the Gmail account and your email of yesterday was the only one unopened (there was no other email from you..I checked spam just in case).I have just there sent you the league code.Best of luck in it.

I'm saying a little prayer that the lads doing the administration haven't closed the league!!(if they have I'll get them to open it again).PM me if you encounter any problems.

Hello

I know your not admin on the bohs league this year but do you know if they have any monthly prizes for August, being the first month of the season and all ;)

andy125 wrote: »
    Hello

I know your not admin on the bohs league this year but do you know if they have any monthly prizes for August, being the first month of the season and all ;)

Well I be Damned...that's quick!:)

I helped gather a few of the prizes and you're in luck...the monthly winner gets a Platinum Range Card (worth €65) for the Carr Golf Centre at Spawell.I'm expecting it to be posted to me tomorrow.

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Well I be Damned...that's quick!:)

I helped gather a few of the prizes and you're in luck...the monthly winner gets a Platinum Range Card (worth €65) for the Carr Golf Centre at Spawell.I'm expecting it to be posted to me tomorrow.

Congrats.

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Group 8 for me in the Finn Harps Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Group 10 for me. I'm sure the lads I'm against will be tough opposition but I'm still delighted that I seem to have avoided getting anyone from here.

Group 16 with Hackers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Group 5 for me.

Advertisement