Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Thanks guys for the sentiments above. In the world of online anonymity where there is often bluster, bravado and a lot of posturing, it is touching to see a very real decency being expressed, one that transcends the anonymity and makes this a tighter knit community than one would initially realise.

It is things like the goodness of mankind, though sometimes lacking in society, that make life worth fighting for. You never know how impacting a thoughtful gesture or sentiment might be in someone's life so don't be afraid to be that positive light for someone fumbling their way through the darkness.

Its so nice to be friendly before we all become enemies next Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Hey both, I will talk with the other organiser tomorrow and see if we can do a regular season. The reason behind it was people who didn't sign up in time and there would be more competing (and more in the kitty!). I will post an update tomorrow anyway

Thanks James. It's a really bad move tbh. Totally different ball game how you would pick a team to start in Sept. Would mean those playing from start, using wildcard etc would be pretty much ruled out unless they put together a second team.

Also, as it was not made clear at all in the advert, main page or signup page you are liable to have a lot of unhappy campers if they don't realise till after Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mcmillian league is open until December 31st according to an email i just received. While an excellent cause it isn't a league I'm keen on staying in if it's open that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dahat wrote: »
    Mcmillian league is open until December 31st according to an email i just received. While an excellent cause it isn't a league I'm keen on staying in if it's open that long.

It's the entry fee or donation that counts,there's plenty of other leagues to concentrate on for prizes.

@Zarquon, I put a link and quoted your post in the soccer forum to get a few more to enter/donate.Hope you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

FHFC wrote: »
    Thanks James. It's a really bad move tbh. Totally different ball game how you would pick a team to start in Sept. Would mean those playing from start, using wildcard etc would be pretty much ruled out unless they put together a second team.

Also, as it was not made clear at all in the advert, main page or signup page you are liable to have a lot of unhappy campers if they don't realise till after Saturday.

Having spoke with the other organiser we have changed it now so the scoring starts from gameweek 1 so happy days all. We will allow entrants to the league until the end of September! Thanks for the heads up on the website also

• Advertisement

Having spoke with the other organiser we have changed it now so the scoring starts from gameweek 1 so happy days all. We will allow entrants to the league until the end of September! Thanks for the heads up on the website also

That's the best way to administer a league with extended entry window. A league that starts scoring from a specified mid season week, is open to abuse as people can create and customize new teams before the closing date specifically for your league with all chips intact and fore knowledge of form of players and teams.

The fairest system that stops this kind of abuse is to have scoring from GW1 but have an arbitrary closing date yourself. Of course there's always the issue that people that get off to a flyer swoop into the league to snap the top places so they will have a slight advantage but that is unavoidable as your goal is revenue first and foremost.

Thanks James, as Zarquon says it's not ideal that people can suck it and see as to whether they are having a good season before entering.

May even be counter productive for yous in some ways as if local club supporters are not doing well, or in some case have even lost interest by Sept they may not enter, where they may do in the heady optimistic days of preseason if you got a push on it. From experience with our own league the last few days i.e. from now to Sat are when you get big numbers of sign up as the average FPL player suddenly gets their finger out and joins their work league etc. Not having a deadline may lose you more than it gains.

Will stick with it anyway, seeing as you lads are doing such a great job of keeping us out of the relegation zone! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hey guys, for anybody interested the Wexford Youths FC league is open to all. €20 entry and there are interesting players such as Kevin Doyle, Conor McDonald, Stephen Hunt, Colm Wooly Parkinson and more guest players to be added soon. Monthly prizes and overall prizes too.

And yes, I am involved with the mighty Wexford Youths but no harm in sharing this here!

www.wexfordyouthsfc.com/fantasyfootball
    Is this link still working for it? On my phone now and it won't open. Will try from pc later if it's working for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Is this link still working for it? On my phone now and it won't open. Will try from pc later if it's working for others.

Not working for me on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Not working for me on PC.

not working. how reliable are these leagues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Might I just post a timely reminder for the excellent and superbly run (and not by me btw ;)) Finn Harps Fantasy league.

Expecting €2,000+ in the pot, with a cup, monthly cash prizes and Christmas top score spot prize hamper.

In its 4th season and getting bigger every year. Bucking the trend of reducing numbers expected to at least match last year's entry.

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=3312

If anyone wants to PayPal me direct as 'friends and family' to beat the fees I can pass on the entry in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Hogey007 wrote: »

Sorry all - its www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/fantasyfootball (I mistakenly entered .com as opposed to .ie)

Sorry all - its www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/fantasyfootball (I mistakenly entered .com as opposed to .ie)

How are numbers looking at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

39 in Bohs league now.It should be called the Low Hanging Fruit League!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

• Registered Users Posts: 5 craggyisland90

New member! stumbled upon this forum looking for any cash leagues to make the season more interesting.

If anybody is looking to fill some places in their leagues for the new season send me a message!.

Have a crack at a LOI legend in the Finn Harps fantasy league!!

https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/763374608938655745

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

New member! stumbled upon this forum looking for any cash leagues to make the season more interesting.

If anybody is looking to fill some places in their leagues for the new season send me a message!.

Main boards pay league details here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057624158

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have a crack at a LOI legend in the Finn Harps fantasy league!!

https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/763374608938655745

Why is Finn Harps Twitter account lying to us!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Why is Finn Harps Twitter account lying to us!!!

Marketing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

The first prize in the Harps Fantasy League looks like it's going to be a minimum of €1,000. Cash prizes for 2nd, 3rd and Cup competition. There's the bonus Xmas Competition and Monthly cash prizes too!! Was over €2,000 in the pot last year, so looks like it will top that this year.

Just 2 more awakes to the start of the 6th Bohs FF Comp!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Marketing. :D

Then if they knew their market then there is only one Twitter celebrity they should have gone with

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any more leagues lads?
    Done deal or the like ? Free entry with monthly/ spot prizes

Harps League pot will officially pass the €2k mark by tomorrow at the latest.

A cool €1,000 likely to be first prize.

Go on, you know you want to!!! Enter via the link below.

km79 wrote: »
    Any more leagues lads?
    Done deal or the like ? Free entry with monthly/ spot prizes

In the absence of same,the Bohs league at just a tenner to enter with large cash and monthly spot prizes is probably the closest you'll get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

In the absence of same,the Bohs league at just a tenner to enter with large cash and monthly spot prizes is probably the closest you'll get ;)

Already in it

Some of the monthly spot prizes in the 6th Bohs FF Comp.....

Four ball for Castleknock Golf Club

Four ball for Charlesland Golf Club

Game of Footee (class combination of football/golf) in Ballinascorney,Tallaght

Lunch for 2 in the Cinnamon Cafe,Smithfield

Offside/Casa Rebelde T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Long town fc post above. Prizes are poor 50 euro voucher for spirit and crate of that brew beer espically cost 10.40 enter

Advertisement