Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Jhcx wrote: »
    Only been in my job a month already starting to question whether I'll be able to keep it up. It's a grand job but like yesterday and today proved tough not getting 2 seconds without you name being called. Feel like going to get nothing done. And making so many mistakes cause of the rush.

I Know the feeling.
    "Junco can you get me change?"
    "Junco can I take my break?"
    "Junco there's someone on the phone looking for you"
    "Junco, junco , Junco"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Out of curiosity, i wonder how many of you i talk to in cork at the weekend. Im actually such an odd drunk duck. I say hi to everyone and have some many random convos. saw about 6 people i know to see.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's a typo on page 8 of my Harry Potter script.

"Get ready to being amazed."

*tosses book in fire*

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There's a typo on page 8 of my Harry Potter script.

"Get ready to being amazed."

*tosses book in fire*

*Fire spits out a piece of paper, inscribed Harry Potter *

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    *Fire spits out a piece of paper, inscribed Harry Potter *

OH SH*T SON! What a reference! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Seeing as we are on a HP theme...

Today I found out the name of the actor who played Oliver"I would"Wood is Sean Biggerstaff

139c3a1a49d8a499.jpg

I have an exam tomorrow. What am I doing :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Procrastinating, like I am?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

When applying for a job through email, should the body of my email be my cover letter with the CV attached or should my cover letter and CV both be attached?
    If both should be attached what should I write in the email body?

Also I sent a message to a new business thats opening before they even advertised jobs and they gave me an email to send cv to.
    However theyre actually advertising jobs and theyre using a new email and also stressing how retail experience is essential.
    My last CV I sent them (over a month ago now) I hadnt any retail experience, but I actually have my CV updated now with my current retail shizz.
    So like, do I just email this new address with my new CV? How do I make them read it and actually realise that I am now perfect for the job as opposed to before I had this retail experience?

Tl;dr Help me get a better job xxx

Studying for my exam in 12 hours, I havent half of what I want covered and what I do have covered, well I dont understand, the more I read the more confused I get

55acee57d15ccdb45f90c19088be6fc8.jpg

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Studying for my exam in 12 hours, I havent half of what I want covered and what I do have covered, well I dont understand, the more I read the more confused I get

What's your exam in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Land Law can go screw itself.

Land Law can go screw itself.

AUGUST ANGST AMIGAS!!!!! (What summer?! :pac:)

What day are you finished my dear?!

My uncle told me I carry myself like a guard yesterday.

An odd thing to say but he is the third person to say it to me in the last year or so.

I don't know what that means .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

It means to get yourself off to Templemore. :pac:

Yeah Junco, off to Templemore with you. We could do with a man on the inside to play the system... :P

Did your uncle say this to you after you asked him to get out of the ve-hicle?

No templemore for me thank you.
    Even in my ****.ty service industry job I get paid more than the guards. Only occasionally have to deal with scumbags and junkies.
    Do not want to take a paycut and deal with them full time.

If I could track down a uniform though I could embark on a career as a car third though.

Step out of the vayhickle please sir.

Sound I'll see you later boss.

Guess what topic came up in my exam :pac:
    And even tho I had my choice of questions guess what question I decided to do anyways :pac:

AUGUST ANGST AMIGAS!!!!! (What summer?! :pac:)

What day are you finished my dear?!

Thursday! I shall drink from the keg of glory, and need an assistant to bring me the finest coffee and muffins in all the land.

I'm currently rewatching the west wing. It's totally appropriate, like half the characters are lawyers.

My uncle told me I carry myself like a guard yesterday.

An odd thing to say but he is the third person to say it to me in the last year or so.

I don't know what that means .

This is exactly how i picture guards walking. just waddling everywhere. :D honest to god does it not look like there are. just cant walk in a straight line honestly yer man on the left just reminds me of a puppet im so sorry but its what i see.

shots-reported-in-tallaght-dublin-3-390x285.jpg

In saying all that i ve been told i stand like a bouncer so... meh

Random question, but does anyone here actually know any Gardai? Like, have any of your friends gone to Templemore or have you met a Garda someplace else and become friends?

I mean, I know there's only 13,000 or so of them in the country, but it surprises me that I don't think I've met any in the wild...

• Advertisement

Random question, but does anyone here actually know any Gardai? Like, have any of your friends gone to Templemore or have you met a Garda someplace else and become friends?

I mean, I know there's only 13,000 or so of them in the country, but it surprises me that I don't think I've met any in the wild...

And here we have a fine specimen of a super intendant, as he watches over his barracks with great caution and pride. The underlings dare not challenge him or feel the rath of a suspension.
    An intruder approaches, all is calm, the gardai are weary but hold their ground......it is just a false alarm, the intruder was reporting stolen goods, and he quickly makes his way back to his den and leaves the gardai to continue their filing.
    But hark, the sounds of sirens drive the underlings from the sweet comfort of their barrakcs to a more desolate dangerous location on the outskirts of town, in hopes that a paycheck will soon arrive. There are vicious attackers preying on the defensless citizens, but as the gaurdians of the jungle, I mean town, with one flail swoop of pepper spray, the attackers are underhanded by the gardai and are bought back to the barracks for interrogation and charging, a most delectable activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Go study Hugsie. :pac:

And here we have a fine specimen of a super intendant, as he watches over his barracks with great caution and pride. The underlings dare not challenge him or feel the rath of a suspension.
    An intruder approaches, all is calm, the gardai are weary but hold their ground......it is just a false alarm, the intruder was reporting stolen goods, and he quickly makes his way back to his den and leaves the gardai to continue their filing.
    But hark, the sounds of sirens drive the underlings from the sweet comfort of their barrakcs to a more desolate dangerous location on the outskirts of town, in hopes that a paycheck will soon arrive. There are vicious attackers preying on the defensless citizens, but as the gaurdians of the jungle, I mean town, with one flail swoop of pepper spray, the attackers are underhanded by the gardai and are bought back to the barracks for interrogation and charging, a most delectable activity.
    pajor wrote: »
    Go study Hugsie. :pac:

I don't think it's possible to study when you're that hammered... :pac:

I met what must have been 9 or ten of them in the stairwell of my building today. Walking someone out. Not exactly what I was expecting when the landing door popped open. It was like a clown car.

Was on a whiskey tasting at a distillery one time and got talking to a detective over pints. Big long discussion about the Americans being armed versus the Irish unarmed guards.

There's one lad from my lc class who just got accepted into the college. He'll be a stereotypical guard based in what I remember about him.

I don't think it's possible to study when you're that hammered... :pac:

Im not drunk but Im probably high on a caffeine overdose.....which is the equivalent to a small dose of methadone did you know? I did, its one of the many things Ive learned this past week, not the nitrogen cycle like I was supposed to, but the effects of caffeine on an individual, ask me anything :pac:

Im not drunk but Im probably high on a caffeine overdose.....which is the equivalent to a small dose of methadone did you know? I did, its one of the many things Ive learned this past week, not the nitrogen cycle like I was supposed to, but the effects of caffeine on an individual, ask me anything :pac:

So guess what came up on my exam today, and guess who still didnt know how to answer it....... :o

It's ok, I have an exam in four hours that I've studied one question for. And I can probably rattle off another.

For the first time in 3 years, I'm living at my parents' full time because I couldn't find a new place in Limerick on time before my lease ended.

It's been 24 hours. I'm ready to leave now.

So fellow C&Hers, give me things to keep me sane in this dark time, and if you happen to see a nice double bedroom going in Castletroy or Limerick City for ~€400/month, 'gis a shout plz! :o :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

For the first time in 3 years, I'm living at my parents' full time because I couldn't find a new place in Limerick on time before my lease ended.

It's been 24 hours. I'm ready to leave now.

So fellow C&Hers, give me things to keep me sane in this dark time, and if you happen to see a nice double bedroom going in Castletroy or Limerick City for ~€400/month, 'gis a shout plz! :o :P
    It's full of hell and doesn't get easier 👀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When are we going to have our C&H Limerick beers? :P

Advertisement