Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Both look pretty good, Miller could well be the MVP.

I like the distinction they've made already between his Flash and Gustin's in that Miller's seems more isolated and not as socially equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Twitter are streaming the Suicide Squad Red Carpet Premier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Twitter are streaming the Suicide Squad Red Carpet Premier..

found it, it's on now:
    https://twitter.com/i/live/758009429920841728

Man Of Steel 2 in "Active Development"

http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

My one hope if this happens, please keep Zack Snyder AS FAR AWAY AS BLOODY POSSIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be honest I'd keep Goyer away from the DCU as much as I'd keep Snyder away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Man Of Steel 2 in "Active Development"

http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

My one hope if this happens, please keep Zack Snyder AS FAR AWAY AS BLOODY POSSIBLE.

Much as I hate the DCEU so far, I really like Cavill in the role. I hope this goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So we're probably looking at Batman solo Oct. 5, 2018 and Superman's 2nd solo in Nov. 1, 2019. Fairly happy with that. Keeps the universe moving along nicely with the other films on slate.

Agreed, Cavill is an excellent superman. This point was driven home even more so when I seen pictures of the new actor playing superman on TV.... just looks wrong.

Be very interested to see who gets the job of man of Steel 2. Any names people would like to see?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ayer said he'd like to direct a Superman film just before the reviews for SS were released, probably no chance now though. George Miller was another name just after Mad Max. I'm not really pushed on anyone in particular as long as they bring a passion to the job and will be allowed to be their vision to fruition without studio interference.

Mad to think the sequel to MOS will have taken 6 years to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wonder if the story will explore how Superman is kind of like a god to normal people. Snyder and Goyer kinda touched on it by mentioning it about every 43 seconds in MoS1 and BvS, but since it's already been shoved down our throats, may as well push it down into our stomachs so we don't choke on it.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad Cavill is getting another solo film. I do think he's capable of pulling off a proper Clark/Superman dichotomy and hasn't been given a proper chance to do so yet. Of course the only fear is how they'll fix the storyline of Clark being dead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Ayer said he'd like to direct a Superman film just before the reviews for SS were released, probably no chance now though. George Miller was another name just after Mad Max. I'm not really pushed on anyone in particular as long as they bring a passion to the job and will be allowed to be their vision to fruition without studio interference.

Mad to think the sequel to MOS will have taken 6 years to get here.

Miller had a Justice League film greenlit a long time ago that was going to come out during Nolan's movies but be completely separate continuity wise iirc. Think a few of the roles were cast and everything before it got canned.

I think one thing the films have gotten right so far has been casting, don't think anyone was wrong for their roles (haven't seen SS yet though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭techdiver

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Miller had a Justice League film greenlit a long time ago that was going to come out during Nolan's movies but be completely separate continuity wise iirc. Think a few of the roles were cast and everything before it got canned.

I think one thing the films have gotten right so far has been casting, don't think anyone was wrong for their roles (haven't seen SS yet though).

I agree with the exception of Eisenberg. He was not Lex. He was a good psycho bad guy, but not Lex.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

techdiver wrote: »
    I agree with the exception of Eisenberg. He was not Lex. He was a good psycho bad guy, but not Lex.

Oh yeah fair point, I must have erased him from my memory for some reason :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Penn wrote: »
    I wonder if the story will explore how Superman is kind of like a god to normal people. Snyder and Goyer kinda touched on it by mentioning it about every 43 seconds in MoS1 and BvS, but since it's already been shoved down our throats, may as well push it down into our stomachs so we don't choke on it.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad Cavill is getting another solo film. I do think he's capable of pulling off a proper Clark/Superman dichotomy and hasn't been given a proper chance to do so yet. Of course the only fear is how they'll fix the storyline of Clark being dead.

"The death of Superman" is one of the most well known- and maligned, for various reasons- stories of Superman from the comics. they have a blue print if they want to use it.

To be honest, they don't even need to have any real reason he comes back. He's a solar battery, and the more he's charged the more his healing factor kicks in. He is currently underground in soil and they could either go

a) Someone has the bright idea that exposing him to sunlight might awaken him from his "coma"

b) If you want to be more esoteric he absorbs the nutrients and stored light in the plants around him, and you could add a Gaia angle to his Superman-as-Jesus thing going on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He was more like the Joker really, leastways more than Jared Leto was anyway ;)

Honestly though it's 3 for 3 with DC/Warner Brothers disappointments after the release of the hacked together Suicide Squad; at this stage it feels the easiest path to sanity is to dial back expectations. Dial them way, way back and just hope Wonder Woman is the film to belatedly kick the movie universe into gear.

pixelburp wrote: »
    He was more like the Joker really, leastways more than Jared Leto was anyway ;)

Honestly though it's 3 for 3 with DC/Warner Brothers disappointments after the release of the hacked together Suicide Squad; at this stage it feels the easiest path to sanity is to dial back expectations. Dial them way, way back and just hope Wonder Woman is the film to belatedly kick the movie universe into gear.

I really have high hopes for Wonder Woman (I can't help it ha ha). I am one of the few who liked both MOS and BvS. I know they were not perfect movies but I still think they didn't deserve the level flack they got from some. I haven't seen SS yet.

One concern I have is that it did strike me from the WW trailer is the fact that she seems to be fighting against normal human men. Now, WW is up there with Superman in the power stakes (not quite as powerful, but still should swat humans like a fly), so I'm wondering how they can reconcile her fighting humans with being able to take on a creature like Doomsday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I really have high hopes for Wonder Woman (I can't help it ha ha). I am one of the few who liked both MOS and BvS. I know they were not perfect movies but I still think they didn't deserve the level flack they got from some. I haven't seen SS yet.

One concern I have is that it did strike me from the WW trailer is the fact that she seems to be fighting against normal human men. Now, WW is up there with Superman in the power stakes (not quite as powerful, but still should swat humans like a fly), so I'm wondering how they can reconcile her fighting humans with being able to take on a creature like Doomsday...
    It's the first trailer for a movie that's a year away. They'll reveal her non human enemy (likely Ares God of War) the closer we get to the release.

"The death of Superman" is one of the most well known- and maligned, for various reasons- stories of Superman from the comics. they have a blue print if they want to use it.

To be honest, they don't even need to have any real reason he comes back. He's a solar battery, and the more he's charged the more his healing factor kicks in. He is currently underground in soil and they could either go

a) Someone has the bright idea that exposing him to sunlight might awaken him from his "coma"

b) If you want to be more esoteric he absorbs the nutrients and stored light in the plants around him, and you could add a Gaia angle to his Superman-as-Jesus thing going on.

Apologies, I don't mean in terms of how Superman comes back to life, I mean how they explain how Clark has come back to life. Perry White and Jenny were at his funeral. Everyone Clark knows (who don't know he's Superman) knows he's dead. Given Clark & Superman died at the same time, if they both come back to life at pretty much the same time too, how do they explain it? The reason no-one thinks Clark is Superman is because of their completely different personas. In BvS, Clark's persona wasn't all that different from Superman's. If they both come back to life, Perry White (and pretty much everyone at the Daily Planet who knew Clark) would have to be an absolute idiot not to cop that Clark is Superman.

My worry is they'll largely just abandon 'Clark Kent' and not have him as a journalist. They'll just have him as Superman for the majority of the film. I think that'd be a real shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think Penn meant Clark Kent's death being a problem rather than Superman's.

That's the thing, there were sparks of Lex in there. Little moments and mannerisms where I thought "Yes, that's Lex".

Given some of the deleted scenes I hope it'll be explained that he was brainwashed/controlled by someone else and we'll get to see Eisenberg actually as a proper Lex Luthor (rather than as some suggested having Lex's father come in and be the real Lex Luthor we all know).

I think Eisenberg is capable of being a proper Lex. They just need to have him stop p*ssing in jars and shoving jolly ranchers into people's mouths.

DeWitt wrote: »
    It's the first trailer for a movie that's a year away. They'll reveal her non human enemy (likely Ares God of War) the closer we get to the release.

Sorry, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was saying that it's odd that she is fighting against humans in hand to hand combat. It would be like Superman in the fist fight with a human. It doesn't fit with her abilities if you know what I mean.

Sorry, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was saying that it's odd that she is fighting against humans in hand to hand combat. It would be like Superman in the fist fight with a human. It doesn't fit with her abilities if you know what I mean.

i think it's just an inherent problem with Superheros in that their apparent strength often changes depending on the requirement of the plot/scene. In Civil War cap manages to stop a helicopter taking off just by holding on to it but he's never showed that level of strength elsewhere that I can think of for example.

Penn wrote: »
    Apologies, I don't mean in terms of how Superman comes back to life, I mean how they explain how Clark has come back to life. Perry White and Jenny were at his funeral. Everyone Clark knows (who don't know he's Superman) knows he's dead. Given Clark & Superman died at the same time, if they both come back to life at pretty much the same time too, how do they explain it? The reason no-one thinks Clark is Superman is because of their completely different personas. In BvS, Clark's persona wasn't all that different from Superman's. If they both come back to life, Perry White (and pretty much everyone at the Daily Planet who knew Clark) would have to be an absolute idiot not to cop that Clark is Superman.

My worry is they'll largely just abandon 'Clark Kent' and not have him as a journalist. They'll just have him as Superman for the majority of the film. I think that'd be a real shame.
    I think Penn meant Clark Kent's death being a problem rather than Superman's.

Yeah I totally misunderstood you, and you know what? There'd be some great comedy in trying to bring Clark back, if they wanted to do that angle. I can't see it though, I'd have the same worries you do.

Yeah I totally misunderstood you, and you know what? There'd be some great comedy in trying to bring Clark back, if they wanted to do that angle. I can't see it though, I'd have the same worries you do.

Yeah, I think they should have "shelved" the Clark dying part of the story somehow. Then if Superman came back Clark could resurface having just been missing or something like that. I know it would be full of plot holes, but they are backed into a serious corner now with Clark. As far as I'm concerned, Clark as a character is just as important as Superman. In the Extended cut we got to see him being a real investigative journalist and expand on his character. It would be a shame to loose that whole side of his character.

Yeah, I think they should have "shelved" the Clark dying part of the story somehow. Then if Superman came back Clark could resurface having just been missing or something like that. I know it would be full of plot holes, but they are backed into a serious corner now with Clark. As far as I'm concerned, Clark as a character is just as important as Superman. In the Extended cut we got to see him being a real investigative journalist and expand on his character. It would be a shame to loose that whole side of his character.

It's an old adage that Bruce Wayne is the mask Batman wears and Superman is the mask Clark Kent wears. He's totally an important character.

I can't remember, did they establish Clark's body as being found? They could do a whole "oh he took a knock on the head and he's been lying in hospital as a john doe for months" angle if not... I'd agree losing him would be an awful shame.

It's an old adage that Bruce Wayne is the mask Batman wears and Superman is the mask Clark Kent wears. He's totally an important character.

I can't remember, did they establish Clark's body as being found? They could do a whole "oh he took a knock on the head and he's been lying in hospital as a john doe for months" angle if not... I'd agree losing him would be an awful shame.

They did indeed. Open coffin at the Kent home for his funeral and all, so there is no getting away from that. I think they completely ****ed up that story arc! They have to bring him back somehow. You can't have one without the other. I'd hate to be the writer who has to fluff his way through this one!

It was wholly ridiculous of them to do The Death of Superman in his second film, when everyone knew he was going to be in the Justice League films. I get why they did it in terms of story, but they could have done something similar yet different enough where he survived in the end.

• Advertisement

They did indeed. Open coffin at the Kent home for his funeral and all, so there is no getting away from that. I think they completely ****ed up that story arc! They have to bring him back somehow. You can't have one without the other. I'd hate to be the writer who has to fluff his way through this one!

Ah no, this is great fun... try figuring out a few!

Uuuuuhhhh.... no one knew, but Clark had an identical twin!

He was going undercover and had to fake his own death.

Similar vein, he had to go into witness protection as he had some of the evidence to take Luthor down.

You guys know that cloning machine Luthor had? Well, he tested it on Clark, see. The body wasn't Clark Prime, it was the copy he made.

I'm out, I think the second one is the most likely :D

Advertisement