Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eaglemoss DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    I sent them an email over a month ago and was told that the supplier is out of stock and as soon as they have them they would be sent out

**Edit**

Are they worth the wait?? As I have made my own ones to do for the moment

I emailed back in March and received 3 out of the 5 issues I was missing plus one of the three free subscribers gifts I was missing (Superman tin plate, still haven't received bookends or bookmark)

Just after firing off another email there to them as am missing the following:

Missing Issues:
    3 - They said no payment taken despite me being subscribed since issue 1
    9 - Received a second issue 7 instead - my mistake I said I was missing 7 & 8 instead of 8 & 9
    14 - Never received
    22 - Never received
    23 - Never received

All Green Lantern Premium Subscribers Exclusives

Special 1 - Crisis on Infinite Earths (November)
    Special 2 - Infinite Crisis (Feb/March)
    Special 3- DC Universe Legacies (May/June)

€24.99 has been taken out of my account for each of the specials too.

Anyone else on the premium subscription and having similar problems with the specials?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭dunworth1

haven't had any problems with them at all bar the poor enough job of packing them they do

is your address correct? and have Ireland etc

dunworth1 wrote: »
    haven't had any problems with them at all bar the poor enough job of packing them they do

is your address correct? and have Ireland etc

Yea have received my normal order each month bar two months where it either got lost in the post or never posted. Automatically subscribed for the specials and money has been taken out and haven't received any. They said I wasn't down for the specials but have taken money off me for the 3 so far, I told them this and nothing has been sent so far

L.S.F wrote: »
    Yea have received my normal order each month bar two months where it either got lost in the post or never posted. Automatically subscribed for the specials and money has been taken out and haven't received any. They said I wasn't down for the specials but have taken money off me for the 3 so far, I told them this and nothing has been sent so far

my experience of the CS has been poor i emailed them a question got a reply 3 weeks later

my experience of the CS has been poor i emailed them a question got a reply 3 weeks later

E-mails were responded to quick yesterday, they said my missing books and gifts will be sent out.

• Advertisement

Just realised I have been collect this for over a year and have yet to read an issue! :o

They sent me out the missing issues I paid for plus 3 of the specials, still waiting on the bookends tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just realised I have been collect this for over a year and have yet to read an issue! :o

Woah, what?! How?!?

Woah, what?! How?!?

i'm actually the exact same i haven't even taken the plastic off mine yet :eek:
    been too bust with rebirth

i'm actually the exact same i haven't even taken the plastic off mine yet :eek:
    been too bust with rebirth

That's crazy...

In saying that, I just realised I've about 35 books on my shelf that I've yet to open...

That's crazy...

In saying that, I just realised I've about 35 books on my shelf that I've yet to open...

everytime one comes in the post i say to myself i'll arrange some time to start reading them

• Advertisement

everytime one comes in the post i say to myself i'll arrange some time to start reading them

Exactly the same myself! :D Enjoy reading comics so much but just finding the time to start is the issue:pac:

Mine got delivered by Nightline today strange normally the postman brings them

actually started reading hush part 1 last night got stuck in and now i'm halfway through
    going to try continue it

Hush is a good story.

Hush is a good story.

finished huh part 1 last night onto part 2 tonight

Eaglemoss are releasing a DC Movie statues like their Marvel ones. Received a survey email last week if anyone want's to have a look: http://reporting.eaglemoss.com/cgi-bin/rr/nobook:404521,nosent:72935,nosrep:370/https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DCSupHero-A

Anyone buy the Marvel one? I have the Iron Man Issue 1 which is very good actually.

anyone know how many issues are left i thought it ended at 61?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JoeMc94

anyone know how many issues are left i thought it ended at 61?

According to wiki its going to 100
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics_Graphic_Novel_Collection

JoeMc94 wrote: »

ok think i might cancel it so going on too long

could put the money into different comics

I had the premium subscription from when it started till Dec 2016, have about 30 books all unopened! I'm a sucker for these sort of collections. Still trying to fill in the gaps with the first Marvel one, again the majority still unread.

Anyone collecting the Batman one just started?

Between these collections there has been the Original Marvel one, The Marvel Classics, the Modern Marvel ones, DC Collection, Batman Collection, Judge Dredd and I'm sure there was another graphic novel collection?

I have 2 years of the Marvel Fact Files too sitting at home too all in original wrappers. Idea was to collect the series then arrange them all but then it got extended and I just gave up. Have a few missing deliveries but far too late to complain now (only counted them at once about 18 months ago).

Anyone else like me? Suckered in by a collection run :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I had the premium subscription from when it started till Dec 2016, have about 30 books all unopened! I'm a sucker for these sort of collections. Still trying to fill in the gaps with the first Marvel one, again the majority still unread.

Anyone collecting the Batman one just started?

Between these collections there has been the Original Marvel one, The Marvel Classics, the Modern Marvel ones, DC Collection, Batman Collection, Judge Dredd and I'm sure there was another graphic novel collection?

I have 2 years of the Marvel Fact Files too sitting at home too all in original wrappers. Idea was to collect the series then arrange them all but then it got extended and I just gave up. Have a few missing deliveries but far too late to complain now (only counted them at once about 18 months ago).

Anyone else like me? Suckered in by a collection run :D

2000ad, Star Trek and Transformers G1 are also running with Avengers and Deadpool collections have had test runs. Star Wars had a successful run in France but oddly never made it to UK/Ireland

Yeah its too late to complain about Marvel Fact Files Eaglemoss have lost the licence and can't publish or sell them anymore I got a back issue order in just in time though still missing 4 issues out of 250.

I collect the Dredd, 2000ad, Transformers G1 and Star Trek. The Marvel and DC were too varied for me would have got titles that I didn't like. I would like the Green Lantern specials in the DC collection but they are subscriber only sadly and i rather support my newsagent. I won't be collecting the Batman series though 4 is expensive enough for me at the moment couldn't afford a fifth partwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone willing to offload the DC or marvel collections. Getting into the Batman ones myself and they're decent.

Hachette have a DC Hero and Villains partworks out now

https://dccollection.hachettepartworks.com/

I don't intend to collect this one but picked up issue #1 in Eason Dundrum yesterday for €2.90.

Not sore if there is important tax on subscriptions from the site but gives prices in euro.

Doesn't look like there are any "special" issues planned but a couple of free gifts - Free issue and batman bottle opener first delivery. Heat changing mug, metal book cover & book ends with 3rd, 5th and 7th delivery.
    €30 per month for two books each delivery.

Hopefully Zavvi stock it and sell off like the previous DC collection in a year or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

Hachette have a DC Hero and Villains partworks out now

https://dccollection.hachettepartworks.com/

I don't intend to collect this one but picked up issue #1 in Eason Dundrum yesterday for €2.90.

Not sore if there is important tax on subscriptions from the site but gives prices in euro.

Doesn't look like there are any "special" issues planned but a couple of free gifts - Free issue and batman bottle opener first delivery. Heat changing mug, metal book cover & book ends with 3rd, 5th and 7th delivery.
    €30 per month for two books each delivery.

Hopefully Zavvi stock it and sell off like the previous DC collection in a year or so!

Any deals on the eaglemoss stuff? Have about half the batmans

Advertisement