Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your setup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

My last "toy" - old toroidal plastic dish made in Sweden long long time ago. Did some work on it's renovation and some modification. Now it gets 13 satellite positions from 45*E to 4*W. Reception on each LNB is more or less equivalent to 1m usual offset dish. Just waiting for additional 40mm pipe-clamps to finish this game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    My last "toy" - old toroidal plastic dish made in Sweden long long time ago. Did some work on it's renovation and some modification. Now it gets 13 satellite positions from 45*E to 4*W. Reception on each LNB is more or less equivalent to 1m usual offset dish. Just waiting for additional 40mm pipe-clamps to finish this game :)

Most excellent!

I love that lower and higher bracket idea that allows individual lnb tuning. Is the horizontal bar strong enough ?

I actually bought one a while back but it was too flimsy. It was a good idea but the tubing was made of some form of light alloy that would snap from tightening. Its a fine balance act I suppose between being strong enough to hold 7 or 8 holders and not being too heavy for the main arm.

-font-b-Multi-b-font-Feed-font-b-LNB-b-font-font-b-Holder-b.jpg

Its a pity that the like of triax havent implemented such an idea for their TD range tather than those awful multi lnb brackets which dont allow for individual vertical alignment.

STB. wrote: »
    Is the horizontal bar strong enough ?
    Thanks! Do you see that bar badly bended? :p I do not! It is 8mm INOX threaded bar, not so easy to be bend. I made every part for this SMW dish multifeed out of INOX.
    However, also galvanized fasteners could do the job. You can buy all parts in Home-Depot-type store and just put them together as a LOGO parts and mount them to any dish you have. And it costs - nothing (relatively of course)
    For vertical LNB-support struts even 6mm will be more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I've updated things at GM HQ.

Got a VU plus dual tuner with 2 TB HD.

Installed a 10x1 diseqc box and renewed some perished 4x1 boxes.

I have Nilesat and Arabsat connected in four locations.

I have installed Eutel 9 degrees on the T-90 using a Venton Rocket head quad LNB. This used for receiving the M6 HD package.

I installed a single LNB for Astra 4.9 east for the VU plus.

I include a few pics for your consideration. :-)

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

July_12_16_1.jpg

July_12_16_2.jpg

July_12_16_4.jpg

July_12_16_5.jpg

July_12_16_6.jpg

Neat job @Greenman! I have almost nothing to update on setup, just digged "small" hole, preparing it to be filled with > than 10 tons of cement.

• Advertisement

Neat job @Greenman! I have almost nothing to update on setup, just digged "small" hole, preparing it to be filled with > than 10 tons of cement.

Well Rimant thanks to you getting me those T-90 clamps all those years ago you made the T-90 dish very easy to setup. Thanks again. smile.png

I'm happy my Belgian sat friend prodded me into getting the VU plus, I'm slow to change but I will always admit if I see an improvement.

Keep us posted on your 10 ton setup.

Grtz JD.smile.png

Holy feck.

Seriously, how do both of ye get these past your wives.

I thought I was doing well with a motorised TD110 on a pole and TD88 stationary with 8 diseqc.

That stuff is whole new level. Going to use these as bargaining points.

I do not touch her dishes in the kitchen, she does not care about my dishes in the yard. :angel:

Check out 8 years ago.

I'm sure your wife would love this. smile.png

Setup_03-01-08_1.jpg

STB. wrote: »
    Holy feck.

Seriously, how do both of ye get these past your wives.

I thought I was doing well with a motorised TD110 on a pole and TD88 stationary with 8 diseqc.

That stuff is whole new level. Going to use these as bargaining points.

This creation was for her. So she will never complain.

She watches TV 24/7.

She does the kitchen I do the garden.

Plus the woman should support her man and his hobbies and vise versa which I do.

Finally "she is old school"

More pics to follow.smile.png

• Advertisement

On the other side of the SAT HQ I've got this guy.

It's a CM 1.2 mt.

ATM it's 35 east to 15 west. I'm changing things there. Going to 30 east to 60 east or 10 west to 50 west . Would not have an idea what I would get out there.

Suggestions welcome.

I have an AZbox doing nothing so I can use it for feeds.

JD.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Sad times for me, after 30 odd years in this hobby (from d2mac days), I've started to dismantle my set up. Times have moved on in the way we view tv, with traditional tv viewing old hat and a bit dead in the water (pay tv has ruined everything).
    I'm going to keep my 1.1m up for feeds and some FTA stuff, but I've moved away from satellite viewing to terrestrial and internet only.
    Hopefully something may change, but I'm afraid satellite may soon be obsolete due to IPTV and the internet.
    I'll still be around these boards, I'm sure looking for feeds from time to time.
    My fixed dishes have now come down and my TVs around the house have no decoders under them.
    Wondering how many of ye are cutting back now?
    Snaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I think that's the future, in my house for teenagers tv viewing satellite and terrestrial is dead, not dying Dead.

The teenagers are watching everything over the Internet with iPad, Android devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Far from dead. Streaming is not an option in most of rural ireland, (hell you'd be lucky to send an email). Until that changes satellite is the only option and long may it continue.:P:P:P:P

As per my display above sat tv/radio far from dead.

I listen to sat radio RTE Radio 1, NT 106,BBC Radio WS, 4,4 Extra, Five live,LBC and NPR from early morning to evening. TV in the evening and net radio beside my bed using a pillow speaker so not to disturb "The boss".

If TV was gone I would not miss it but "The Boss" would, my wonderful display is all for her.

Re the kiddies, they never ever watch TV as we know it, it's all tablet based.

"Snaps" Is it because you are in Poland that you have lost interest in sat?

Just to stay on topic a pic. :-)

IMG-1465478942491-V.jpg

I also almost not watching TV, but it is almost always ON, usually cartoons :). In the late time I switch to some movie channel and drop off in a cozy chair. But, to be on topic, there is my yesterday's install:
    img-20160729-114032-custom-_imagesia-com_19h75_small.jpg img-20160729-114100-custom-_imagesia-com_19h76_small.jpg

I also almost not watching TV, but it is almost always ON, usually cartoons :). In the late time I switch to some movie channel and drop off in a cozy chair. But, to be on topic, there is my yesterday's install:

img-20160729-114100-custom-_imagesia-com_19h76.jpg

img-20160729-114032-custom-_imagesia-com_19h75.jpg

Lovely clean install as per usual.smile.png

Is that a 1.8 ?

Did you get it for a great price?smile.png

If you find a I.8 tell me and we can talk. smile.png

I am getting all the dishes at a great price :angel:, but, anyway, please, do not tell my wife :ermm:
    Yes it is 1,8m Channel Master. From time to time they appear for sale for a bargain price.

Next to 1,8m Channel Master, I have small (3,5x3,5x0,4m) concrete platform for slightly bigger dish. Some elements of this bigger dish (Pedestal Mount, drum and actuators) already took their place. img-20160730-215530-custom-_imagesia-com_19how_small.jpg

Looking good, I still like the CM 1.8M, I might look around for one. smile.png

Keep the pics coming R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes it's mainly down to my move to Poland I've lost interest. No UK FTA channels here so I've had to go IPTV.

Kids are more happy with streaming and YouTube as it's on demand (watch what they want, when they want).

Pay tv is getting too expensive now, even in Poland it's got expensive and I can't justify the price for what we watch.

I still have my 1.1m motorised up, which I still do use, mainly for feeds (30w-72east) and radio.

But again, radio is freely available on the internet now and after setting up a good home network (3 WiFi routers supplying 400m radius around the estate), all the old android mobile phones we have are most useful for media players. Paired up with computer speakers, you can't go wrong!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Next to 1,8m Channel Master, I have small (3,5x3,5x0,4m) concrete platform for slightly bigger dish. Some elements of this bigger dish (Pedestal Mount, drum and actuators) already took their place. img-20160730-215530-custom-_imagesia-com_19how_small.jpg
    Only slightly bigger? :eek:

Look forward to seeing the final result!

Another photo img-20160731-212448-custom-_imagesia-com_19ibc_small.jpg

That's some Mamma.

What's the plan?

Sweet.

img-20160731-212448-custom-_imagesia-com_19ibc.jpg

Installed "face"of the dish..... only ~1500 nuts/bolts/washers. img-20160803-193032-custom-_imagesia-com_19kef_small.jpg Milk for babies! :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jesus Christ! :eek:

What a wondrous sight!

Installed "face"of the dish..... only ~1500 nuts/bolts/washers. img-20160803-193032-custom-_imagesia-com_19kef_small.jpg Milk for babies! :)

I can still see the marijuana plants you are growing in the green house behind it though! :)

Must have taken a crane to mount it.

What position do you concentrate that on ?

No, did not use any crane. Majority of the installation works made alone, only asked for friend's help for heavy things. For example, central drum installation, or pedestal mount lifting. Antenna has azimuth and elevation motors, so will concentrate on the Clarke belt not a particular satellite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

No, did not use any crane. Majority of the installation works made alone, only asked for friend's help for heavy things. For example, central drum installation, or pedestal mount lifting. Antenna has azimuth and elevation motors, so will concentrate on the Clarke belt not a particular satellite :)
    Totally amazing
    where did you buy this from please?

• Advertisement

I did not buy it :) I did see it lonely staying on the roof, asked for it to responsible person, and got answer that I can have it. That was 3 years ago. All this time antenna was stored in my garage, but, finally got installed :angel:

Advertisement