Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Barkly wrote: »
    Ring recruitment, they'll tell you! I did very recently and was told it has cleared.
    Are you 1509?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

swl33t wrote: »
    Ring recruitment, they'll tell you! I did very recently and was told it has cleared.
    Are you 1509?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Would like to know this myself and I'm also 1509

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

Any chance u could Pm me the number for recruitment ? :D please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

If someone could pm me the recruitment number would be great.

Our do you just ring 101 and ask for police recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

mkelly123 wrote: »
    If someone could pm me the recruitment number would be great.

Our do you just ring 101 and ask for police recruitment?

Yes just call 101 and ask for recruitment!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Has anyone got an any idea how long it usually takes vetting to clear? I just rang recruitment and they said they haven't received a reply from vetting for me yet. So now I'm stressed again! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Depends on individual circumstances. When did you do medical? Maybe SMT results haven't been returned yet. SMT is part of your vetting

JD2020 wrote: »
    Depends on individual circumstances. When did you do medical? Maybe SMT results haven't been returned yet. SMT is part of your vetting

I just done my medical last week! I wasn't aware the SMT was part of the vetting. Thanks for letting me know that , it has calmed me a bit! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ejb1788

JD2020 wrote: »

I just done my medical last week! I wasn't aware the SMT was part of the vetting. Thanks for letting me know that , it has calmed me a bit! Lol

Can I ask did you receive confirmation that you passed your medical??

• Advertisement

Yeah ejb1788 I received the email yesterday!

Same, I assumed smt was included though and thought it was part of vetting! All a waiting game...

Ejb1788 wrote: »

Same, I assumed smt was included though and thought it was part of vetting! All a waiting game...

Has your vetting been cleared? The guy taking the drugs test told me they take a week!

Has your vetting been cleared? The guy taking the drugs test told me they take a week!

Not sure I haven't enquired about that. I had assumed the smt was part of the medical outcome though?

Not sure I haven't enquired about that. I had assumed the smt was part of the medical outcome though?

I'm not 100% but I was made aware it was separate and you only hear about the SMT if you've failed.

I'm not 100% but I was made aware it was separate and you only hear about the SMT if you've failed.

Aw okay. Well fingers crossed we don't have too long a wait then before we hear something! It's all moved pretty fast over the past few months! Good luck...

Aw okay. Well fingers crossed we don't have too long a wait then before we hear something! It's all moved pretty fast over the past few months! Good luck...

You too :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

I checked with recruitment and my SMT was back but Vetting is still outstanding. Bit frustrating not being able to judge what the timescales will be on that. Hope I'm not in for too a long wait.

I checked with recruitment and my SMT was back but Vetting is still outstanding. Bit frustrating not being able to judge what the timescales will be on that. Hope I'm not in for too a long wait.
    Was this via 101?

Yeh, just through 101.

• Advertisement

Vetting passed, relief

Anyone any idea how long vetting takes to clear? Still waiting on mine.

I'm in the same boat...still waiting on vetting to come through but everything else checked off. I think this is the hardest part so far, not knowing timescales or being able to do anything to move things forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Vetting is something a time frame cannot be applied to.. I got the all clear when I rang 2 weeks ago. The only thing on vetting worried me tho was the 2 tattoo's but they were all good... ano it's a pain not knowing but the saying goes no news is good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

My vetting had cleared by the time I got my medical and Smt result. Did you check experian to see if the credit check was completed?

How do I check experian?

How do I check experian?
    You have to sign up. The first month is free but remember to cancel it off or it will charge after the month.

I sent my vetting forms away in May and mine is all clear now.

I think I sent mine at the beginning of may also, still not clear, although I do have 2 addresses so maybe that's holding it up.

@legally clueless

What would I be looking for on experian?

• Advertisement

@legally clueless

What would I be looking for on experian?
    Check for any credit searches completed outside the norm of insurers/credit card applications etc

Advertisement