Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon go level.....

• 01-08-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

So out of intrest what level are you currently at in pokemon go??

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

22 but finding it difficult to level up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hit 20 a couple of days ago, game becoming a bit stale for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

I'm much the same I'm at 24 at the min and the game is a bit stale......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

14. I'm enjoying collecting different Pokemon and upgrading them but the gyms/battles are atrocious, I don't understand or enjoy that side of it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

20 on the verge of 21. Still no Snorelax :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

17, I need to do more gym training and battles. Haven't really explored that side of the game too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wexic0

22 now and the game has become soul crushing.
    100,000 xp needed to level up and pidgies being harder to catch just makes it tedious.
    87 caught atm tho

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wexic0

100,000 xp needed to level up and pidgies being harder to catch just makes it tedious.
    87 caught atm tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭ Kaitlyn Polite Goose-step

Level 12... Took over my first gym today.

That lasted all of about 3 minutes until some kid appeared and took it for himself.

It's a cruel world we live in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

wexic0 wrote: »
    87 caught atm tho

Why are you still catching Pidgees? Or trying to level up? Isn't the game basically over once you've caught everything? It can't be any fun mindlessly chasing xp only to level up and start all over again. I think they forgot to add something to do once you've caught them all (or at least everything that's in your area).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why are you still catching Pidgees? Or trying to level up? Isn't the game basically over once you've caught everything? It can't be any fun mindlessly chasing xp only to level up and start all over again. I think they forgot to add something to do once you've caught them all (or at least everything that's in your area).

The reason I wanna level up is to get higher cp pokemon to get gyms. Use the coins to buy lures, incense and egg incubators. I'm on level 20 now caught 97 but two of my recent finds, Pikachu and Grimer came from egg incubators.

Don't think I'll get bored till I get them all then I will give up. Help that I'm moving around a lot at the minute so getting different ones in each place

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Level 20
    Pocedex Caught 62 seen 63
    Currently 70 with me.
    Highest cp Pokémon Pidgeot 980
    Over 65000 stardust left.
    150 coins man I want the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

24 now and hate life, catch rates, refresh rates, no tracking, yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

24 and 26

Pokedex complete on lvl 24 account. (besides the legendary and ditto)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

24, 110 caught, becoming a real struggle to advance now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Level 21, highest Pokemon 1900cp approx Lapras. Caught 92.

Live in the middle of nowhere, rarely in Dublin so I do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Level 13.... Rural part of Dublin. My highest CP Pokemon is only about 800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Boyfriend just passed level 20.

Muggins here is on level 7! :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Level 15
    Highest CP 1188 Vaporeon
    Caught 70 seen 71

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

level 14
    highest pokemon 846cp
    caught 48 seen 50

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just hit level 20. I agree with the soul crushing grind. What upsets me is that a CP19 pidgey gets you the same xp as catching a CP675 Ponyta.
    Surely you should get more xp for more CP? Just a little multiplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tenger wrote: »
    Just hit level 20. I agree with the soul crushing grind. What upsets me is that a CP19 pidgey gets you the same xp as catching a CP675 Ponyta.
    Surely you should get more xp for more CP? Just a little multiplier?
    Yeah, I don't bother with the common pokemon over about 80, it's just a waste of balls. And you should get something extra for catching evolved. And anything evolved that isn't rare is pointless. A 800 slowbro cost me about 10 balls, some super and ultra, it's just going to turn to 1 candy. I have a 650 slowpoke and 48 candies, wasn't till after I caught it I thought "well, that was fúcking stupid".
    Level 20 too btw.

The game is like crack, not sure if I enjoy it, but heading out to Dollymount to get more later anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

However the balls only cost you time and effort if you are close to enough pokestops. You can refresh those "losses" quickly enough by hitting a few soon after.
    In a simar vein, why cant a CP 850 slowpoke not gain you more candy than a 120 slowpoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Barraldo

Level 19. Loving the fact I work in town and every lunchtime I go for a walk thru St. Stephen's Green (plenty of drowzees here) and yesterday I caught a 900+ Cloister. Then I wander up Leeson Street (nothing on LS) to the canal and walk up to the Barge, turn at the bridge, then down past Mespil. Plenty of Staryu, Magikarp, Goldeens, Polywhirls here. Then I wander up to Merrion Square. MS is a pure Magmar hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Level 22
    Caught 79
    Seen 81
    Highest CP Vaporean 1450, followed by Tentacruel 1408

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭timaru89

Level 22
    Caught 87
    Seen 88
    Highest CP 1538 Vaporeon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager