Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I like unicorn cake, but my two favourites are S.K.Y. and Krem.

I'm getting very little flavour from Unicorn Cake, tried it in a few different setups and it's bland, my favourite from that range is still Super Cereal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If anyone likes their French toast and blueberries - French Dude - is quite nice, I can see myself vaping it until its gone.

It had a hint of sugary sweetness to it though, so american French toast.

I got it on a decent deal with an order from the UK, it can be expensive so worth shopping around.

They put a little too much into the presentation though. One 60ml glass bottle with dropper, two 30ml branded unicorn bottles, stickers, key ring or badge or some other useless stuff.

Would kind of put me off buying more as all that stuff is useless to me. No idea why they put two unicorn bottles.

I've actually had a huge selection of nice juices added to my collection lately, so I'll try and put up my thoughts as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Howdy folks.

Ive been doing a stupid thing the last year... Vaping 90% off the time, but smoking a bit too, normally rolled with a particular additive. So, looking to quit altogether and get back into vaping.

Havent really experimented with any liquid for ages. Have been vaping Liqua 'Bright Tobacco' almost exclusively (aside from a bit of Gins Addiction) for the last year. Its great, super subtle. Plain enough you will always like it, almost like 'unflavoured base', but with a soft, light tobacco taste.

Anyway, just ordered a nice carbon fibre iStick to get me going again! Cheap and cheerfull, but quality.eleaf-istick-30w-special-edition-carbon-fibre-black.jpg
    Also.. this drip tip :D
    drilled-honeycomb-effect-stainless-steel-amp-delrin-wide-bore-510-drip-tip-for-electronic-c.jpeg
    So... on the liquid. Last time I was looking at liquid there was an explosion in 'breakfast vapes' - milk, cereal and also adding 'cream' to fruits. The cereals etc. were ok (Breakfast at Telios) but a bit sweet and sickly for me. I see these are still going strong.

Lots of fruit flavours on the go on sites like Republic of Vape. Those flavours are always great to try but they almost just make me salivate and thirsty rather than scratching an itch. Not enjoyable.

There's also some explosion in 'dripping' and/or high VG juices. Personally, I prefer higher PG to VG so that rules a lot of liquids out. 60/40 PG/VG is about right for me.

Anybody adopted any good liquids as an ADV?

Where are ye ordering from? I would typically use TBS, ESI or Vapourpal.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

The White Lightning liquids are ALL MUCK!!
    Horrendous quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The White Lightning liquids are ALL MUCK!!
    Horrendous quality.

You can buy 120ml for as low as €20, I think the old adage applies "you get what you pay for". I think €40 for 120ml is a safe and decent value price.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote:
    Anybody adopted any good liquids as an ADV?
    J Mysterio wrote:
    Where are ye ordering from? I would typically use TBS, ESI or Vapourpal.

ESI have a very good Game of Clouds range, €28 for 100ml, 2 of my particular favourites from that range are Castle Black and Highgarden.
    As an adv I lean more and more towards a flavourless 70/30 VG/PG 3mg, it's a nice sharp sweetish vape, some flavoured juice then after work and at weekends.

The White Lightning liquids are ALL MUCK!! Horrendous quality.

Super Cereal from that range is quite good, the rest are bland and poor quality.

It's like vaping sandpaper, it's horrid, I've been to 16 events this year and it is by far the worse cereal vape I have ever tried.

And the person that runs the company..... emmm..... yea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I thought the Kiwi one was alright, but very weak in flavour, but got sick of it long before end of the bottle. I hated the Super cereal, near cried when I got a bottle of Fruit circles concentrate and realise that was the main flavour profile. At least it wasn't lacking in flavour if you do like that fruit circle taste though. The rest were a bit bland and dull

And the person that runs the company..... emmm..... yea

Is there something we should be aware off as regards this person?
    Considering that it's stocked by at least 2 popular online vendors here I'd be interested in hearing if you have some genuine concerns regarding it.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    ESI have a very good Game of Clouds range, €28 for 100ml

Wow, 28 for 100ml is actually proper value. I have heard of the range but havent tried it yet. Will put an order in at that price - time to get my taste buds going - thanks.

Those ESI ones are decent yeah, but I found when I bought them I did feel a need to steep them at least a few days before using. Not a major issue, not for that price.

Is there something we should be aware off as regards this person?
    Considering that it's stocked by at least 2 popular online vendors here I'd be interested in hearing if you have some genuine concerns regarding it.

Ok well, not so much the company owner, but how it's produced, not a cleanroom or lab in sight.

qsCbGRH.jpg
    MSuRHHR.jpg
    ofApVax.jpg
    gILFvL2.jpg

Yeah, the concentrate should never be left out exposed like that, the guy should be wearing a hair net and they should have a cleanroom. I guess that's how they can do it for cheap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wow, 28 for 100ml is actually proper value. I have heard of the range but havent tried it yet. Will put an order in at that price - time to get my taste buds going - thanks.

Their dripper range is pretty good as well, €25 for 100ml.

Yeah, the concentrate should never be left out exposed like that, the guy should be wearing a hair net and they should have a cleanroom. I guess that's how they can do it for cheap, though.

Much better juice for the money, ESI's 100ml, ROV have 100's soon, MBV the list goes on.

Ok well, not so much the company owner, but how it's produced, not a cleanroom or lab in sight.

Yeah it doesn't look to be a very sterile environment to be producing something that we end up inhaling, it would also be interesting to compare this to how some other manufacturers are producing their goods both home and abroad.
    Having seen this two things are realised, I wont be using White Lightning again and my own mixing area isn't that shabby after all and I don't even sell the bloody stuff.:(

No wonder its so bloody cheap, I could mix liquid that cheap in my garage too.

Glad I didn't put that in my store now.

Yeah it doesn't look to be a very sterile environment to be producing something that we end up inhaling, it would also be interesting to compare this to how some other manufacturers are producing their goods both home and abroad.
    Having seen this two things are realised, I won't be using White Lightning again and my own mixing area isn't that shabby after all and I don't even sell the bloody stuff.:(

Most other manufacturers in the US do a fantastic job, most popular brands are made in the US or France in a very professional environment.

I have a few horror stories from the past, but they have all grown up and moved into labs.

Was just on ESI and it seems all the 100ml of GOC is out of stock :(

May be in prep fot the TPD?

• Advertisement

Was just on ESI and it seems all the 100ml of GOC is out of stock :(

May be in prep fot the TPD?

Not just yet I'd say, but I think its October labs have to stop producing over 10ml. Countdown then begins in November to full implementation in May 2017 :(

Having seen this two things are realised, I wont be using White Lightning again and my own mixing area isn't that shabby after all and I don't even sell the bloody stuff.:(

Same, I clean down my mixing area constantly, don't allow any dust to gather, it's a well ventilated area. I wear gloves and everything is clean and crispy before I begin. I also don't allow anyone near me when I'm mixing so I don't get distracted. And this is just juice for me and my partner, with the odd few side orders I do for friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

J Mysterio wrote:
    Was just on ESI and it seems all the 100ml of GOC is out of stock

I'd say bang them off an email. When I got my last order of it, it said somewhere (can't remember) they had just re stocked.

rob316 wrote: »
    Not just yet I'd say, but I think its October labs have to stop producing over 10ml. Countdown then begins in November to full implementation in May 2017 :(

Over 10ml!

Such a pile of ****e. Might have to throw a big order into VapeBase.de.

Vendors will probably just get creative anyway and sell 5x 10ml for discount or whatever. Still, pain in the ass.

I think one of the more shocking elements was capping tank sizes at 2.5ml or so?

Over 10ml!

Such a pile of ****e. Might have to throw a big order into VapeBase.de.

Vendors will probably just get creative anyway and sell 5x 10ml for discount or whatever. Still, pain in the ass.

I think one of the more shocking elements was capping tank sizes at 2.5ml or so?

2ml capped to.

I see the capping of liquid to 20mg as more detrimental to vaping though more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Lads, just to let you know that the Game of Clouds is only available in 3 and 6mg for the moment and is in stock. Also we have no plans to stop selling the 100ml bottles, we already have a way around the rule :) Cheers Paul.

wingnut32 wrote:
    Lads, just to let you know that the Game of Clouds is only available in 3 and 6mg for the moment and is in stock. Also we have no plans to stop selling the 100ml bottles, we already have a way around the rule Cheers Paul.

Good and welcome news.:)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Lads, just to let you know that the Game of Clouds is only available in 3 and 6mg for the moment and is in stock.

If it becomes available at 12mg in 100ml ill put an order in! Thanks.
    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Also we have no plans to stop selling the 100ml bottles, we already have a way around the rule :) Cheers Paul.

Cool. I figured ye might ;)

As an aside, I really do think Irish vendors have consistently been at the forefront of vaping and provide service at least equivelant if not better than anywhere else. They know the industry way better than some bureaucrats making silly law.

I think most vendors feel regulation is important - but the right regulation. Government/ EU would be better working with the industry on it than creating nonsensical laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

If it becomes available at 12mg in 100ml ill put an order in! Thanks.

Cool. I figured ye might ;)

As an aside, I really do think Irish vendors have consistently been at the forefront of vaping and provide service at least equivelant if not better than anywhere else. They know the industry way better than some bureaucrats making silly law.

I think most vendors feel regulation is important - but the right regulation. Government/ EU would be better working with the industry on it than creating nonsensical laws.

Big tobacco and big pharma won't go down without a fight,i can have a good guess as to the lobbyists behind these regulations in brussels

• Advertisement

Big tobacco and big pharma won't go down without a fight,i can have a good guess as to the lobbyists behind these regulations in brussels

While I agree, policy makers need to man up and tell them to fupp off.

Advertisement